PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see.. need help

born2ride14
09-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Ok well ive kinda got outta ridng quad(riding pit bikes now hehe) but ive been buying and selling lately. latest flip is an 04 rancher 350es. It ran when i bought it, and after i unloaded it it, i even ran it around for 30 min ( with 3 wheels lol) Started and stoped many times. ran fine, had a little tick, prolly a valve adj. so i preasure washer her, now she wont start. i have spark, compression , and ive cleaned out the carb, so i should be getting fuel. What you think?

finsteratv
09-05-2011, 08:31 PM
maybe got water in somewhere you dont want it..tried fresh gas also? i've cleaned my carb then ran crappy old gas again and it plugged right back up. does it turn over fine? timing,carb.

Tommy Warren
09-05-2011, 10:29 PM
spray some starting fluid in the carb and if she fires then its a fuel problem

DnB_racing
09-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by born2ride14
Ok well ive kinda got outta ridng quad(riding pit bikes now hehe) but ive been buying and selling lately. latest flip is an 04 rancher 350es. It ran when i bought it, and after i unloaded it it, i even ran it around for 30 min ( with 3 wheels lol) Started and stoped many times. ran fine, had a little tick, prolly a valve adj. so i preasure washer her, now she wont start. i have spark, compression , and ive cleaned out the carb, so i should be getting fuel. What you think? im not sure about this particular model, but many have a fuel shutoff from the vacuum lines from carb,

no vacuum no fuel, its a diaphragm unit usually under the left front fender, sometimes the vacuum lines get either unplugged or a clogged or torn diaphragm

born2ride14
09-06-2011, 08:29 AM
I doesnt have a vaccum fuel pump, i thats what your talking about. Its gravity feed

Heres what ive done
Cleaned carb
Cleaned fuel valve
Checked fuses
Checked. Couple of connections( not all of em)

So i guess tonight ill try new fuel, and blow out and grease all connections. I dont understand how it could be a electrical prob if i have spark. But im open to anything. I'll get a new pug too.

user101
09-06-2011, 12:06 PM
If you have spark and air then its gotta be fuel related. Loosen the the small flat head screw on the side of the bowl until you see fuel coming out of the overflow then tighten it back up. This fills the bowl up on the carb, and go from there. There shouldn't be to much wrong with it.

born2ride14
09-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Well it think I got her. New plug and fresh gas. She starts up every time now

finsteratv
09-06-2011, 07:25 PM
winner winner chicken dinner i guessed right. haha

DnB_racing
09-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
winner winner chicken dinner i guessed right. haha I wouldn't brag!!
even a broken clock is right 2 times a day:blah:

finsteratv
09-07-2011, 08:00 PM
haha indeed sir, indeed.