PDA

View Full Version : Re-Valves Vs. Upgrades! Help!

Jeffries265
09-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I just got a brand new 2009 kickstart 450r its never been ridden other than the 3 hours i have put on it thus far. I ride motocross and am planning on building this bike up to a speed machine as well but i was wondering.....

Would i get more bang for my buck with Re-Valve stocks or buying aftermarket shocks...

THANKS TO ALL THAT READ THIS POST!

Jeffries #265

DnB_racing
09-05-2011, 03:01 PM
what class do you race?standard travel will only take you so far,

if your young and still learning the re-valves will get you through a couple seasons, but if your a top runner and balls to the walls all the time, the re-valves can get you in trouble on large hits.

im not a good enough rider to rely on my skills alone, i need every advantage i can get to even loose with dignity:ermm:

Jeffries265
09-05-2011, 03:39 PM
well im balls to the walls all the time but i have LT's on my other bike which is an 05 450r and i was gonna swap them and use the re-valves on my practice bike but i think that would hurt me more than it would help me, thanks for helping me see it lol!

mx Eli
09-05-2011, 07:17 PM
if your planning on ever racing b class or higher then lt suspension is the way to go. a good st setup can get you through c class and some b classes. depends alot on your skill level

Kovatch
09-06-2011, 06:57 AM
Don't ever waste your money on revalves. Get a long travel set up. You can never be upset for going "balls out" on your suspension.

If you were to casually ride trails or the pits or something, maybe get revalves, but nothing will compare to having a good set of a-arms and LT shocks. Why waste the money if you are going to outgrow them (via skill level)?

If you are trying to go for big jumps are hammer the whoops harder, an LT set up will allow you to make mistakes and still be forgiving. ST revalves are about 2" shorter which is a lot when shock travel and weight transfer are concerned.

Do it right, do it once.

bigH
09-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Do not waste your money on re-valves.

chronicsmoke
09-07-2011, 11:15 AM
I mad that mistake last winter when I rebuilt.. didnt think I was going to get better so fast..

My revalves just cant handle the big hits/deep whoops.

LT setup in the near future, but first I have to sell my ST setup :scary:

MX450
09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
listen to the other guys, revalves are a waste of money if you have any speed. I finally got off a revalved rear shock to a jb superlink, night and day differance.