PDA

View Full Version : !Oil out of one port! ( Steve CJM DnB) HELP!!

01boneless
09-05-2011, 10:10 AM
ok so before i tear it back down (whitch im getting very good at lol) what should i look for? Once again im having oil blow out of 1 port only the left exaust port. thus causing a lot of smoke and soaked silencer and packing with oil but like i say i pull the header and the left port has oil soo? keep in mind it runs great and pulls hard!! I DID notice though that one valve guide (the one thats shooting oil) is a little deformed not realy egg shaped just one side it a little flat but that being said with the valve in there is little to no play could this guide be my problem? also one more thing when i set the engine to TDC to adjust the valves the exaust side is the only rockers that have play (my book says there all supposed to have play) no matter how manny trys i do? i dont think thats a problem but i thought id thow it at ya lol thanks guys and sorry for any mispelling :D

1. installed new rings with a fresh hone
2. brand new valve seals
3. cleaned valves
4. adjusted valves

Pipeless416
09-05-2011, 10:30 AM
the valve seal could be causing this, but i would guess that since you cleaned your valves, they are not sitting properly. a bad seal on the valve surface combined with a leaky valve seal is probably causing the issue. you need lap your valves. you will need to get some valve grinding compound and the correct size lapping tool. this may help you:
<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/unrds-2Pcog" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

01boneless
09-05-2011, 10:40 AM
thanks bro what do you think about the deformed valve guide? im gonna re grind the valves when i pull it apart remember to all new valve seals.

DragonGunner
09-05-2011, 10:42 AM
I've had the same problem...if you have installed new valve seals, then its probably a worn valve an or worn valve guide.

01boneless
09-05-2011, 10:43 AM
how do i check the valve?

DnB_racing
09-05-2011, 11:35 AM
ya I agree with these previous posts,

when you get the head off, tip upside down and spay some wd40 or any type of fluid on the valves and check if one is leaking by the seat, if they check ok then it might be a guide or seal

did you check your springs? if one is weak it might not allow a good seating. and make sure the springs are installed correct.. the tight wound side goes towards the combustion chamber

but from the way it sounds its definitely in the head,so it can only be one of the things that have been mentioned by myself and previously by everyone else

01boneless
09-05-2011, 12:36 PM
ya all the seals are new ill do the solevent test but id imaging its the deformed guide . ohh and thanks pipless re laping is way easyer than i thought the vid is great!!!

CJM
09-05-2011, 12:42 PM
You will be there forever with the hand lapping tool they show. Take a power drill and go from the bottom of the valve and just use the drill to lap them.

DnB_racing
09-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 01boneless
ya all the seals are new ill do the solevent test but id imaging its the deformed guide . ohh and thanks pipless re laping is way easyer than i thought the vid is great!!! yes the more i read it, the more im almost sure its your guide, and seal

if your getting oil from the top end leaking into the exhaust port, the guide and seals are the only place for that to happen.

a bad valve seat alone wouldn't cause raw oil to find its way to the ports, that would just cause poor performance, put new seals with the new guide,

but also check the valve shaft to make sure its not worn to bad also

Pipeless416
09-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by CJM
You will be there forever with the hand lapping tool they show. Take a power drill and go from the bottom of the valve and just use the drill to lap them.

I was actually going to suggest the drill. when i lapped my valves, i used a flexible tube that fit tightly over the end of the valve, and put the other end over a drill bit that was about the same size. this allows the valve to seat itself without anymore pressure to one part than another. basically, it just removes the chance of the operator to apply pressure to one side.

01boneless
09-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by CJM

ya ill do that should be the same thing

01boneless
09-05-2011, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DnB_racing
[B]yes the more i read it, the more im almost sure its your guide, and seal

thats the same thing i was thinging like i say it runs great pulls good and i just shoots out of one port whitch was the one with the defromed guide

01boneless
09-05-2011, 07:40 PM
thanks for the info pipless