PDA

View Full Version : Fischer Mod help??

scanno
09-05-2011, 01:13 AM
I just purchased a Fischer mod and have a couple questions if anyone could help? What steering stem does it run it appears to be some oem takeoff? The rear axle is offset to the right normally I have figured out how do most mods compensate for that? Was it built for a 250r rear master cylinder? Does the front bumper share mounting points with a big bike!

doonanracing
09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
depending on generation of the mod. JB and Fischer are very similiar and actually the first couple models Bud and Jody I believe worked together and the frame used the same jig. Our Fischer frame we use a JB swingarm, Fisher stem and a-arms, a 300ex axle, 250r brake hub/rotor and caliper but can use any honda rear brake as long as you use the correct caliper bracket I believe. We use a trx450r rear sprocket hub with the 300ex axle to give the correct spacing as we have a cr85 in the mod. Then for wheel hubs can use 400ex or 300ex as they are the same on the 300ex axle. The geometry on the older design is most likely using a 250r. The a-arms you will need to get directly from Bud Fisher or JB. For the stem you should contact JB Racing or Bud Fisher directly as I would recommend going right to the source for an stem. Now back to the front end. The a-arms we use 04/05 Honda TRX450r spindles/.hubs/calipers. Bud can do a little welding and re-design to use which ever Honda set up you like although the 04/05 set up is probably the best available as it sits the balljoint back in the spindle which helps with allot of things like bumpsteer, etc. For the front bumper a bumper off a trx250r will fit on the older JB/Fisher. The newer I believe they tried to incorporate more 450r items so I can not answer that. Hope this helps.

#404's Dad
09-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Totally depends on the Generation it is and what if any requests the customer may have had if any. Ours use all TRX450R stuff other than Frame, Stem, A-Arms and Swinger which are Fischer and the Rear Fenders, Seat and Tank are TRX90. Ours is a 2010

scanno
09-10-2011, 07:33 AM
Thanks for the replies, sounds like I need to do some measuring and research for the stuff I want to replace. Doonan pm sent

scanno
10-06-2011, 09:04 PM
Does anyone make a pipe for a 05 up cr85 for the mod frame or does everyone have to find a muffler shop that has small piping capabilities?

#404's Dad
10-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by scanno
Does anyone make a pipe for a 05 up cr85 for the mod frame or does everyone have to find a muffler shop that has small piping capabilities?

Our Fischer chassis used the dirt bike pipes so we could order whatever pipe worked for the dirt bike motor we were using