PDA

View Full Version : All you guys with Tripple rate shocks!!

Scott400EX
02-24-2003, 08:29 AM
Are they very easy to compress when on the quad? As opposed to the stock honda ones?
I just put my PEP's on and they seem very easy to compress till the big spring starts workin? Im guessing thats right since the little springs eat up the small bumps and the big spring takes care if landing off of jumps.
They are set up for a 200lb rider just wondering how soft they should feel.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
02-24-2003, 08:35 AM
Did you get the zps? If so then it will allow the quad to sit lower. Usually on a triple rate the smaller springs will feel softer than stock until you reach the main spring.

Live2Ride300
02-24-2003, 08:39 AM
Are they valved for the +2 a-arms? Because if they were valved for a 200lb rider with stock a-arms, then you mount them up to +2s they will feel softer and need to be revalved.

Scott400EX
02-24-2003, 08:45 AM
Yes they were valved for +2 a arms and 200lb rider.
They work great they just seemed a little soft. This is the first pair of Tripple rates ive owned so i was just wonderin. And no they are not ZPS.But it does sit a little bit lower than before.

02-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Have ya rode with the mofo's on there???? That's when you'll know if there setup right...

Scott400EX
02-24-2003, 09:27 AM
I havent had time to really test em out to see.

Ive just ridden it in the street in front of my house and pavement doesnt do much for testing the shocks out.

Im sure they are fine i jsut wasnt expecting them to be that soft at first.

QuadTrix6
02-24-2003, 10:36 AM
thats how they feel compared to stock, i thought the same thing when i got mine but thats the difference between 1 spring and FOUR...ride em youll love em :macho

Scott400EX
02-24-2003, 10:41 AM
OK great!! thats what i wanted to know!!

02-24-2003, 12:15 PM
Well they are the almighty PEP's so they should be setup more than perfect for ya.....:eek2:

Live2Ride300
02-24-2003, 12:17 PM
Lol, all hail PEP!

What does Limited Mass mean?

RiPPiNiTuP7
02-24-2003, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Live2Ride300
Lol, all hail PEP!

What does Limited Mass mean?

PEP "Limited Mass" Front and Rear Shocks:

The Limited Mass shocks, short for "Limited Mechanical Active Suspension System" account for about 40% of PEP shock sales and are designed for Pro and "A" level riders that demand the most from their suspension. This type of PEP shock has provided pro ATV racers with a championship winning suspension. To be more precise 3 SCORE ATV Championships, 3 Mickey Thompson Entertainment Group Championships, Over 30 Pro and A level AMA Grand National Championships, and countless local and regional championships throughout the world.

Fronts:

Adjustable triple rate springs and crossovers are used. The mechanical active damping with external damping adjustment increases the ability to turn faster by allowing less "chassis roll". It also allows more of a "lift" for jumps and an anti-bottoming control when landing.
Retail price is $750 a pair

Rear:

This rear shock is available for no-link applications, such as the ones found on Laeger and Lone Star frames. Offering the same qualities of the front LTD Mass shocks, they should be used with LTD Mass front shocks only. It features a dual spring with tunable crossovers allowing a firm to soft spring rate. Adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping are also found on this popular race shock.
Retail price is $795

Live2Ride300
02-24-2003, 12:34 PM
Thanx man, that cleared things up for me:D

Scott400EX
02-24-2003, 01:22 PM
yeah they are what he/\ said!! :D
and they are great i cant wait to ride on em and see jsut how good they are.

02-24-2003, 07:17 PM
yea i had my shocks on stock a arms before i got my +2 and they were still super smooth. they feel really soft but once u ride ull see how amazing they are and that they are still real stiff.

PEP FOR LIFE :blah