PDA

View Full Version : Best Way To Search For Races.

bloodswet&gears
09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
What is the best way or the best source to find races locally or close?
Already search here,AMA,TMXA(due to we live in middle Tn.) and local fairs.
Like how does a group from Alabama end up at a county fair in Tennessee? Like Columbia,Tn.
Would like to be able to cherry pick a little better. Just startin out this year. 4yr old on a 50cc quad.

eightysix86
09-05-2011, 05:22 AM
check out victory sports racing in east tn,calhoun mx in ga.

thequadfather+2
09-05-2011, 06:45 AM
This is a good place to start, TMXA is a great place also. The absolute best way is to join the friends and family network.... We were asked the same thing in Murray, Kentucky back in the spring. We went to sign up and they asked how we found our way up there from Alabama to race. We have a pretty good group of mini quad riders that live in north Alabama and southern-central Tn. we keep in contact with each other and try to race together as much as possible.

As for Columbia, three of the riders lived there, one was from Lawrenceburg and three of us were from Al. The guys in Columbia put the word out.... There is one in Lawrenceburg at the fair in a few weeks.

You have to be willing to travel a little if you want to sit on the gate with other quads.

Get the cell phone ##'s and email from some of the other parents at the races and when you hear about a race -- spread the word.

The more races you go to, the more people you will meet. I have built several motors and helped get quads running for a several people for FREE. I just wanted to see them at a race, I figure if we can help them get going they will help fill the gate, other kids watch them race and want to join in...I want to see the local and regional group get bigger.

Shoot me a PM and I will get you some contact info on someone who lives up there, he can keep you informed about numerous events. Also, Alabama arena cross is coming up and it's a great way to keep up the skills through the winter and have a little fun doing it....

coffing918
09-05-2011, 07:47 AM
http://ftmclothing.com/tracks.php

bloodswet&gears
09-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Quadfather, I wanted to make sure there wasnt a forum or something I was missing. My friend has a 3.0 Super Street Diesel and all the pulls anywhere are posted on Competition Diesel(comp d). No one has posted here that there is a race in Lawrenceburg, Tn.. From now on if I know about a race, then i will post it.

Im gonna pm ya my info..

Gavin had fun in columbia. It was his second race. There was a lady there trying to get a seperate race for the 50s or newer riders or something. The track asked me if that was o.k. with me and i said yes. Then i told Gavin and he said no daddy i wanna race with them other boys. So i had to go back and change it.
He had fun.

Thanks for the replys. If everybody posts events here maybe we can get a turn out bigger everywhere and not have to run 50cc with 70cc and 90cc. Need to let everyone know you dont have to start out with a 3k-7k quad to race and have fun.

bloodswet&gears
09-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Quadfather your mail box is full.

thequadfather+2
09-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Fixed...

I understand about posting events here but there aren't many local/regional racers that visit this site.

The best way, hands down, is personal contacts and putting the word out to all the people you know who race. Text, email and cell phone.

As far as the race in Columbia goes, they tried to change the class structure after practice. The classes and ages were posted on websites for several weeks and folks like us drove 2 hours to get there. We left a 50 at home in the garage because they didnt show a class just for 50's.

Nearly all the kids in our group have been in the same situation. We all rode stock "yard quads" and had fun doing it. Brady started when he was 4 on a LTZ 50, Dawson rode a polaris 90 and Jordan rode a Suzuki LTZ 90, Connor rode a Polaris 90 there last year, Robbie Boggan started on a Suzuki LTZ 90 as well. We have all shown up to a race and found a parking lot full of mods. for an entire year Brady raced his 50 and was lapped before he could make 1 lap himself....It gives them experience and confidence and lays the foundation they will build everything else on later.

Alabama Arena Cross will break the small quads into a group called "mini-mini's" and is better suited for small beginner quads. Better yet, they let you decide which class you want to put him in. We would love to have you guys come down and race.

thequadfather+2
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
here's a link for Alabama arena

crosshttp://jmrpowersports.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=63

Rich243
09-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Bruce,

Are there dates set for the Arenacross series yet? I am trying to put together a fall / winter schedule for Andrew's racing so that I can plan enough in advance to not have conflicts like last week. Wish we could have seen you guys at AMP. If they have mini's at the AMP race on October 8th we will be there.

bloodswet&gears
09-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Quadfather, Im gonna send you my info so i dont miss anything.
I stay pretty busy.

My point about the person trying to change the class was this. Gavin had a great time racing the same time as yall. He wants the experience. They asked me, i said ok. Gavin said NO Im racing with them other boys. He wanted to be out there with yall and had a blast even though he did get lapped. All of yall were so nice to us. I dont have an issue with the class set up they had. I know he is a fast learner and its gonna cost me a fortune. I also have a 3yr old that wants to race too.

Thank you guys for coming and being so nice to us. We also drove about an hour and a half. When we first got there I saw that big guy with yall walk by and take a double take back at gavins quad like "man i remeber those days". LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

We will definitly try hard to make it to race with yall in alabama. So dont forget to keep me posted.

CRBOGGAN
09-05-2011, 04:00 PM
I saw that big guy with yall walk by and take a double take back at gavins quad like "man i remeber those days". LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce and myself both looked at other quads and talked about how much fun it was when we just got started lol. Check your pms

thequadfather+2
09-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Rich, Yea sorry we missed you at AMP, I like the track.

They should be posting the arena cross schedule in the next couple weeks. I will keep you posted. I know the 1st race is in November and the series continues through Feb, you will have plenty of chances to race.

I would like to come back to AMP so let me know when yall get ready.

I can see why they start so early, the track is so big the moto's are long. If they started any later it would probably get dark before they get done.

Jordan came off the track complaining about his legs feeling like jello....Great workout for sure!

hensonfamfun
09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
bloodswetgears.

Dont listen to quadfather!!!! Dont call anyone! I did and it got me second place!!!:mad: Just kidding. Last year at the same race we raced a stock 90 Polaris with aftermarket shocks and won the race. We ALL have been in your shoes. The reality is that if he is going to race (and compete) its going to cost. In my opinion there is no way around it. Your son is a good rider and he seemed to love it just by wanting to race the big kids should be a good indicator of what you have in store! My advice (free today no charge) let him ride the wheels off what he has and then if you think he is ready spend the $$$$$$. If you ever need anything we too are in Columbia so we are willing to share ideas.......after all thats what they did for me so would love to help if you need it!

thequadfather+2
09-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Henson just got out of prison, dont believe a word :devil:

JK, great guy.

jay-r
09-09-2011, 09:58 PM
A good website for you to check is www.midsouthmx.com. They have a lot of information on local races and series all over the midsouth. You can get a feel of where to go for big or small gates of mini quads. Start by running non points races if you don't want to run with too many fast riders. Some series do not have a big quad turnout, but some like TMXA do. :D

chunky0071
09-10-2011, 06:37 AM
I try to post on here about as many as possible the local races in GA and AL so keep a check on here as well. We just started racing last year and are learning about more local series every month that are starting to run the mini quads.

bloodswet&gears
09-10-2011, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hensonfamfun
[B]bloodswetgears.

Dont listen to quadfather!!!!

He will make you an offa you cant refuse. Better listen to him you may end up with a horse head in your bed!!! Or mini quad handlebars or something.

Thanks for the advise and kind words. Im in the process of getting a different job so I can spend more for him to race. Maybe he will get to make some arenacross races.

We are in White Bluff, so not real far from Columbia. Got friends in Columbia.

bloodswet&gears
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by jay-r
A good website for you to check is www.midsouthmx.com. They have a lot of information on local races and series all over the midsouth. You can get a feel of where to go for big or small gates of mini quads. Start by running non points races if you don't want to run with too many fast riders. Some series do not have a big quad turnout, but some like TMXA do. :D

Thanks for reminding me of midsouthmx. I have seen it before but lost it.

We are planning on coming to a few TMXA races. If we do I will look you up.

bloodswet&gears
09-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by chunky0071
I try to post on here about as many as possible the local races in GA and AL so keep a check on here as well. We just started racing last year and are learning about more local series every month that are starting to run the mini quads.

Thats what I was talkin about. If everybody just gets the word out about the smaller local races as well as the others, then it gives more people a chance at ones they might could make.

Gotta get the word out and keep the sport of racing alive. Kids need something to do besides gettin out and gettin in trouble.

jay-r
09-11-2011, 07:39 PM
If you make it to a tmxa race, look us up. Jordyn has 2 more seasons on 50s. We are trying to wrap up the TMXA championship this year. We may run nationals next year if we can swing it. Last night at the race, they split the 50 class and had a beginner class for riders on non race quads. It was a very good race for the little ones with 4 of them out there. I hope they continue to offer this class. If we keep getting a good turnout for it, maybe they will. I have been pushing for it for a while. The next TMXA race is Sept 17 at Hopkinsville, KY. It is a new track, Copperhead SX. I bet they offer the beginner 50 class there also. I think they are calling it the special quad class. It will be a good show. They are hoping to have around 300 riders total. They are having drawings for a lot of awesome give aways at the race. Helmet cam, $100 gift cerificates, and more. It would be a good one to attend. The information about the race can be found on www.midsouthmx.com or www.tmxa.com.