PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Wheel ideas?

DirtyBirdRacing
09-04-2011, 12:21 PM
I was Set on ITP SS112 Chrome and Black, Seems to be not liked by many of you and well personal opinion plays a BIG role in what I do, but if so many people dont like it maybe it wont look as good as im thinking??

So im looking/takeing sugestions on what to get, AND Does anyone know a good website to look at ALOT of rims all in one place? I would normaly use DiscountTireDirect.com but they dont have any up that im seeing.
Thanks for help in Advance

DirtyBirdRacing
09-04-2011, 12:23 PM
oh, I have Red Plastics, Painted Frame and Swing arm RED just some info if that would play a role in what you recommend

tri5ron
09-04-2011, 12:36 PM
I think they look fine.
Here's a pic of another members bike with them...
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375793&perpage=10&highlight=donnie&pagenumber=16

trailrider894
09-04-2011, 02:22 PM
They are okay in some situations, but most they are too pimpin for a sport quad. Sport quads are designed to be rugged and hardcore looking, unfortunetly those wheels ruin that look.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
I think they look fine.
Here's a pic of another members bike with them...
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375793&perpage=10&highlight=donnie&pagenumber=16

:eek2: I Bow to you... I have searched trough google for a while trying to find some on a red 400 and havent been able to.. YES they do look good, I was haveing someone try and Photoshop them on to a pic of mine and they disapeared :( THANK YOU for pointing me to that.

Thats a really nice looking ATV

HondaRacing83
09-04-2011, 03:54 PM
they ruin the look of a sport quad IMHO, they belong on a ute or SxS. get some beadlocks dude. itp, douglas, or hiper. DO NOT GET ROCK BEADLOCKS

DirtyBirdRacing
09-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
they ruin the look of a sport quad IMHO, they belong on a ute or SxS. get some beadlocks dude. itp, douglas, or hiper. DO NOT GET ROCK BEADLOCKS

I Really dont like the look at the Beadlocks, The color ring that goes around the out side looks good, but the resy of the rim I dont like at all... seems to much $$ for something im only going to 50% like..

Baileygunns
09-04-2011, 04:49 PM
They crack.

I have a set of ITP C-series in the basement right now with another crack... I cracked one of the rears and had it welded then cracked the other one. They are made of cast aluminum and suck.

If you want your bike to look cool and ride it around on a flat farm then by all means get a set... If you are going to do any serious trail riding or bounce off of any rocks I suggest skipping them and buy a real rim.

The only reason I ran them was because they came on the bike when I bought it.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Baileygunns
They crack.

I have a set of ITP C-series in the basement right now with another crack... I cracked one of the rears and had it welded then cracked the other one. They are made of cast aluminum and suck.

If you want your bike to look cool and ride it around on a flat farm then by all means get a set... If you are going to do any serious trail riding or bounce off of any rocks I suggest skipping them and buy a real rim.

The only reason I ran them was because they came on the bike when I bought it.

Hmm, No I am def not one to take it easy by any means, and known to hit things a little harder than I Likely should, Do you have any sugestions OTHER than Beadlocks?

Baileygunns
09-04-2011, 05:43 PM
I personally have ITP beadlocks with inner reinforcement rings. The baja rims are stronger then stock. Stock rims are stronger then them "pretty" rims...

I think strength and function are more important then looks... When you're riding fast no one is looking at your rims.

DirtyBirdRacing
09-04-2011, 07:00 PM
When you're riding fast no one is looking at your rims.

HAHA, Well put, I will take that in to consideration, And I do agree BUT I Keep my Quad back in PA at my friends Auto garage, 7 1/2HR drive from where I am now living in Charleston, WV Just no room to keep it here :( (sucks cause the hatfield Mccoy trails are just 20 min down the road) and im shipping out to navy Boot camp in Feb 7th and I know its safe there, So my Quad will do a lot of Sitting a looking pretty :) lol

I have looked through pages and pages and pages of the Beadlocks on Ebay and just dont see any that I like, I dont focus JUST of performance I like my things to look REAL nice as well. the other thing I was thinking of is just painting some stock rims Candy red with maybe a nother color to set it off..

tri5ron
09-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Lance,
Don't base your purchases off of what other post whores think is "Cool".
you've worked for your own money, and you have the right to spend it how you please.
Yes they are cast aluminum rims. So what.
If you like them,... then BUY THEM.
don't let these sniveling whiney beeochesess,...
(WHO btw,... can't make up their own minds, unless **everybody else** tells them their sheait looks cool),.. tell you what to do.
Do what YOU like.
Keep 6 psi fronts, and 5psi rears, and you should have no problems.
If they want to keep bagging on you, just tell them to KYA, while you are out there showing you have the balls to stand up for this country, and they are sitting here on their freaking butts, pondering what stupid graphics, or color scheme they should paint their frames.
yet they won't DARE be different, They won't DARE go against what the popular trend is.
I have taken more crap for my ride from these "daddy bought my bike beaitches"
just because I go against their perceived visions of what a "Sport Quad" should be.
Tell them to shutdaphuckup until they are willing to stand beside you in training, or pay your bills.

Never let the punkassbeeitchees make your decisions for you. They are the same ones who will never stand in harms way to do what is right.
Stand up and do whatever the Phuck you want to do with your machine.
There is an old saying that I truly take to heart.

If you are not willing to stand behind our men in the armed forces,....
Then PLEASE, feel free,
to stand IN FRONT OF THEM !

I, for one, will say thank you for the service you are about to commit to,
and may you return home safe and sound to your family,...
and your quad.

There,... hows THAT for an answer ? !

Baileygunns
09-05-2011, 07:23 AM
I've did 3 tours in the middle east before I got out of the military and I still cracked those rims running 8psi of pressure.... lol

Not sure how serving your country has anything to do with how rims hold up to heavy abuse but hey, I'm just trying to get my post count up into the thousands...

DirtyBirdRacing
09-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I just simply mentioned it to kinda point out it will be sitting for a while, as far as I can tell for over a good year, didnt mean for it to say anything about the strenght of the wheel sorry it came off that way.

I do apricate every ones post trying to help me out chooseing ESP Rons ( thanks for showing me bigd's ex set up )
I think at this point im just going with the ITP SS112 I cant find anything I like more than them.

Baileygunns
09-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Not gunna lie... They do look cool.

As long as you know the limitations of the rims and except that, you'll be happy.

Good luck in boot camp... Keep your chin up and your mouth shut!! I wish some one told me that, lol...

DirtyBirdRacing
09-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Not gunna lie... They do look cool.

As long as you know the limitations of the rims and except that, you'll be happy.

Good luck in boot camp... Keep your chin up and your mouth shut!! I wish some one told me that, lol...

HAHA, Thanks.

trailrider894
09-05-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by tri5ron
Lance,
Don't base your purchases off of what other post whores think is "Cool".
you've worked for your own money, and you have the right to spend it how you please.
Yes they are cast aluminum rims. So what.
If you like them,... then BUY THEM.
don't let these sniveling whiney beeochesess,...
(WHO btw,... can't make up their own minds, unless **everybody else** tells them their sheait looks cool),.. tell you what to do.
Do what YOU like.
Keep 6 psi fronts, and 5psi rears, and you should have no problems.
If they want to keep bagging on you, just tell them to KYA, while you are out there showing you have the balls to stand up for this country, and they are sitting here on their freaking butts, pondering what stupid graphics, or color scheme they should paint their frames.
yet they won't DARE be different, They won't DARE go against what the popular trend is.
I have taken more crap for my ride from these "daddy bought my bike beaitches"
just because I go against their perceived visions of what a "Sport Quad" should be.
Tell them to shutdaphuckup until they are willing to stand beside you in training, or pay your bills.

Never let the punkassbeeitchees make your decisions for you. They are the same ones who will never stand in harms way to do what is right.
Stand up and do whatever the Phuck you want to do with your machine.
There is an old saying that I truly take to heart.

If you are not willing to stand behind our men in the armed forces,....
Then PLEASE, feel free,
to stand IN FRONT OF THEM !

I, for one, will say thank you for the service you are about to commit to,
and may you return home safe and sound to your family,...
and your quad.

There,... hows THAT for an answer ? !

ha ha gotta love you Ron.

beastlywarrior
09-05-2011, 12:42 PM
black itp baja would look sweet