PDA

View Full Version : help!!!

01boneless
09-04-2011, 11:18 AM
well after new rings and valve seals it still smokes like a freight trail and shoots oil out of the left exaust port ONLY. now when i have it down i notice that the left exause valve guide did have a little egg shape to it could this be the prob? also it had no play

matts27
09-04-2011, 11:31 AM
The guide has an egg shape?? If so it's shot and needs to be replaced. The umbrella seal only works on a round shape, meaning it won't seal around an egg shaped guide, the valve stem will move opening up the seal. Pics would help but if the oil is excessive I would say the other guides are done too or at the max limit for play. Matt

01boneless
09-04-2011, 11:38 AM
it just the one guide that looks unshaped (one thats shooting oil) but not very bad and also the velve has no play in it? anything else?

tri5ron
09-04-2011, 12:25 PM
rings not installed properly,
cracked/chipped/broken ring,
gouged cylinder

anything's possible

01boneless
09-04-2011, 12:30 PM
ring are fine cylender looked great and if it was somthin in that area it would shoot oil of of both ports

matts27
09-04-2011, 01:27 PM
whats the clearance on the valve rocker arms, try freeing em up a bit. Also, did you check the head when you had it apart? Valves leaking (piston will suck right through a bad valve seat), bad gasket (head). The oil comes from the bottom up through the jug, cylinder then head. All the dowels in and such, gotta be a reason it's sucking oil. Assuming the cylinder to rings and piston clearance is good. Matt

01boneless
09-04-2011, 07:59 PM
ya dude head cylender piston rings all looked great even the valves except the one guide that was a little deformed and i set the valve clearence .004intake .005 exaust the onle rockers that had play at TDC was the exaust side ?