PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever mod polaris outlaw 90

337450r
09-04-2011, 09:56 AM
Just bought a 07 model with the 4 stroke, I know my boy will out grow the CC's quickly and was wandering if anyone has swapped motors in one of these, just looking for some insight

Logan #34's Dad
09-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Well, I'm know for telling it like it is.......... You'll be waisting your time trying to make it fast. There are 125cc kits out there but more than likely it won't fit behind the steering stem and you'll have to bore out the cases to get the cylinder skirts to fit inside. After ALL that, it still won't touch a 2fast - 2 stroke.
You could always put a 2 stroke in it.......
A 70cc 2stroke will outrun what you currently have.......
With that being said, I've seen a few of these type of chassis be converted to handle a dirtbike motor however, that has its own set of challenges.. :mad:

337450r
09-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Well a 2 stroke conversion is what I would want to do anyways, also spent 10 plus years as a pipe fitter/welder so the fabbing should be the easy part for me. what motor would you guys recommend, and why??

crlt250r
09-04-2011, 06:14 PM
KTM For speed, Honda for reliability and cost of parts.... Kinda up to you and how the kiddo rides...

Logan #34's Dad
09-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Somewhere on the Apex section there is a converted model with the dirt bike engine. It is bada..! Remember, It will require a new swingarm cause the sprocket is the other side. $$$. Also, the suspension on your machine (aftermarket or not) is very poor and may (will) make it unsafe with the added speed.
If your REALLY wanting to do something like this with a tight budget, I'd recommend buying a used Pitster Pro and start there. ATVFourPlay makes them sick! There is a thread here somewhere to see one. If you can do most of the work - it'd save you a ton of money....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=465199