PDA

View Full Version : HMF Optimizer questions

Wired
09-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Has anyone found a real difference on their DS with a full HMF exhaust running the fuel optimizer? Stock intake and no motor mods. I have the full exhaust and doesnt seem to have any top end. Just wondering if putting on the optimizer would help.

Wired
09-03-2011, 02:45 PM
answered my own question. Installed the optimizer and noticed quite a bit difference on how it pulls on top end. thing runs like a raped ape now!

jimmyjames1700
09-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Wired
answered my own question. Installed the optimizer and noticed quite a bit difference on how it pulls on top end. thing runs like a raped ape now!

When you tried it without the optimizer did you have the pink wire cut and air box lid removed?

florentino
09-19-2011, 09:55 AM
the hmf fmi works with or without the pink wire.

and any mods in the bike

jimmyjames1700
09-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by florentino
the hmf fmi works with or without the pink wire.

and any mods in the bike

I understand that. But I'm suprised such a large difference would have been noticed going to a FMI if the pink wire was cut in the first place.

Quinn4
10-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Do you guys think I would need a programmer for just a motorworks slip on and bcs intake?

Dickie
10-10-2011, 02:11 AM
In my opinion, no.

I have had two ds450's- an 09 with full motoworks exhaust and a 4 1/2" intake ring and filter, and a 2011 with a full HMF competition exhaust and 4 1/2" intake ring and filter. Both had stock motors and the pink wire cut.

To be honest, I cannot notice the difference between the two. except volume. Secondly, I ran the 2011 with the HMF optimiser for a while and didnt notice any difference. Any power difference you would get from it would be very small, and you may in fact lose power if you do not have it set right. Unless you have a dyno, or the time to ride it, adjust it, ride it, adjust it and know exactly what you are looking for, I would not use the optimiser, as a stock engine only really needs the pink wire cut for a full exhaust and no air box lid.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Quinn4
10-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Thankx!!