PDA

View Full Version : Building my TRX 450R!!! Help!

Jeffries265
09-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Ok so im not new to motocross. Ive Raced in one race, i came in 6th out of 15 riders. Ive never owned my own quad, my friend had 2 practice bikes and a beast of a race bike... all hondas. and it was with his practice bike that i raced in my first and to this point only race... so i decided to get into motocross an buy and build my own machine. My question is... On my Brand new 2009 kickstart TrX 450R what are the bare minimums i need to make this machine capable of winning some small races for starters... NOTE: i already have Nerfs and a full exhaust.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

Jeffries #265

rollie
09-02-2011, 07:37 PM
personally if i where you, i would get some beadlocks and 18's for the rear and some decent wheels for the front with an mx tire on there, put some aftermarket handlebars on it, and race!!

dont spend all that big big money just yet, get into it, figure out what works and what doesn't at your local tracks, and as you get faster, adapt to your quad, obviously at some point your going to be going wayyy too big for the stock components, then get yourself some LT a-arms and good shocks and an LT-rear end, my advise would be dont cheap out, and get all long travel stuff so later on down the road your not selling stuff to get LT stuff.

if you want to go all out though i have a JB Superlink/PEP rear end set up forsale :macho

TheLane
09-02-2011, 07:44 PM
He pretty much hit it right on,

Rear 18in beadlocks with good mx tires, handlebars, then a arms and front suspension. Rear after.

Jeffries265
09-02-2011, 08:00 PM
so tires and rear beadlocks, aftermarket bars, a arms and front shocks and the rear shocks will be ok for now?

TheLane
09-02-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Jeffries265
so tires and rear beadlocks, aftermarket bars, a arms and front shocks and the rear shocks will be ok for now?

exactly, most of us run off of rear shock revalves for MX. Some of the dudes with real cash run a full aftermarket rear setup. But its really not as much of a necessity as a front setup.

(Just make sure you set it up right, there are plenty of posts on here about how to do it)

HondaRacing83
09-03-2011, 10:13 AM
dont put tusk,rock,alba,full flight on a mx bike

HondaPohl
09-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Why didnt you post in the 450r section where all the 450r heads talk.

TheLane
09-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
dont put tusk,rock,alba,full flight on a mx bike

x2.