PDA

View Full Version : Crossing a Border

slightlybent47
09-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Interesting... if you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 yrs hard labor,if you cross the Afganistan border illegally you get shot, 2 Americans just got 8 yrs for crossing the Iranian border illegally. If you cross the American border you get a job, a driver's license, foodstamps, a place to live, healthcare, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs. No wonder we are a country in debt.

Honda#4
09-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Ain't that the truth.:grr:

honda400ex2003
09-01-2011, 08:16 PM
arm yourself and get crazy over there lol

steve

fast426
09-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I see where your coming from here, but I'll take the good ole USA over any of those countries.

HondaRaceReady
09-02-2011, 10:09 PM
This country is on the fast track to the 3rd world. Hopefully people will smarten up and realize that illegal aliens should be donated to the military for the firing range.

trailrider894
09-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady
This country is on the fast track to the 3rd world. Hopefully people will smarten up and realize that illegal aliens should be donated to the military for the firing range.

X2 No i'm not racist, BUT GET THE F#&@ out my country!!!

HondaPohl
09-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Glory Glory Halleljah!!!

Ichoptop
09-03-2011, 08:18 PM
I wonder if the native Americans said the same thing?

HondaRacing83
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
I wonder if the native Americans said the same thing? :o

Tommy Warren
09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Ichoptop
I wonder if the native Americans said the same thing?

we gave them civilization.. nw we are being stripped of ours one immigrant at a time....

Ichoptop
09-04-2011, 08:15 PM
we gave them small pox and a load of lies.

liex21
09-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by HondaRaceReady

No, that is the way to be on the fast track to being a 3rd world country.

chronicsmoke
09-06-2011, 12:00 PM
The border into the USA is run by a bunch of Nazi's.

They are COMPLETE DICKS to anyone/everyone. Pure 100% power trippin'. I had one guard that made me PROVE why entering the US would BENIFIT the country because "They don't allow people in if they arent helping the country in some way"

It really only changed after 9/11 which is BS. Now you have to essentially prove you're not a criminal to gain access. AND don't get me started with minor criminal offences (weed possesion, bar fights, ect)

At least I'm treated like a human being when I cross back to Canada.

Pipeless416
09-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke

They are COMPLETE DICKS to anyone/everyone. Pure 100% power trippin'. I had one guard that made me PROVE why entering the US would BENIFIT the country because "They don't allow people in if they arent helping the country in some way"

It really only changed after 9/11 which is BS. Now you have to essentially prove you're not a criminal to gain access. AND don't get me started with minor criminal offences (weed possesion, bar fights, ect)

just cross the border in a box van with 30 of your friends and you'll be given scholarships for college and tax breaks

edit: that's if you can make it to illinois

chronicsmoke
09-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
just cross the border in a box van with 30 of your friends and you'll be given scholarships for college and tax breaks

edit: that's if you can make it to illinois

Hahaha I wish!

They must not be as anal on the border of Mexico.. Up here its retarded.

I know quite a few people that arent allowed back or are harrassed trying to enter into the US, for reasons ranging from a fist fight 30 years ago (in a canadian bar, no connection with the USA), to gun smuggling.

But the offenders are all treated the same, and that's what grinds my gears. The 50 year old with a wife and kids, that works full time, got into a scuffle when he was 17, but he's treated with the same hostility as the repeat offenders for SMUGGLING.

I can see keeping the smugglers out, but there has to be a limit.

Oh, and the 50 y/o has a Pardon (he's had it for 25 years) and they STILL harrass him.

Tommy Warren
09-06-2011, 01:18 PM

Thats why I go to my grandfathers cottage and jump on the sea-doo. I rip across the St.Lawrence and dock at my aunt's cottage...she takes me shopping and I sea-doo back across. No duty, no BS and I can fit a lot of booze in the engine bay of my sea-doo

chronicsmoke
09-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
Thats why I go to my grandfathers cottage and jump on the sea-doo. I rip across the St.Lawrence and dock at my aunt's cottage...she takes me shopping and I sea-doo back across. No duty, no BS and I can fit a lot of booze in the engine bay of my sea-doo

Haha you must've learnt that from the natives!

But seriously, as easy as it is, if you get caught you are F***ED! Some guys went fishing in the St. Lawrence, stopped at a buddies place on the NY side, got caught and THROWN IN JAIL for 2 WEEKS!!

I refuse to risk my freedom for easy access lol

trailrider894
09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Hahaha I wish!

They must not be as anal on the border of Mexico.. Up here its retarded.

I know quite a few people that arent allowed back or are harrassed trying to enter into the US, for reasons ranging from a fist fight 30 years ago (in a canadian bar, no connection with the USA), to gun smuggling.

But the offenders are all treated the same, and that's what grinds my gears. The 50 year old with a wife and kids, that works full time, got into a scuffle when he was 17, but he's treated with the same hostility as the repeat offenders for SMUGGLING.

I can see keeping the smugglers out, but there has to be a limit.

Oh, and the 50 y/o has a Pardon (he's had it for 25 years) and they STILL harrass him.

Shouldn't have done it when he was 17 then... You have to make a decision to do those things... he made his and now it'll affect him forever. Think smarter next time!!! I don't feel sorry for him...

Tommy Warren
09-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Haha you must've learnt that from the natives!

But seriously, as easy as it is, if you get caught you are F***ED! Some guys went fishing in the St. Lawrence, stopped at a buddies place on the NY side, got caught and THROWN IN JAIL for 2 WEEKS!!

I refuse to risk my freedom for easy access lol

well I zig zag up and down the river a few times so people forget which side I came from then I eventually make it to the other side and throw the sea-doo in the boat house. A guy I know rode a sled across in the winter but he got nailed... I think he spent 3 weeks over there in jail but he had a thick criminal record

Pipeless416
09-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Shouldn't have done it when he was 17 then... You have to make a decision to do those things... he made his and now it'll affect him forever. Think smarter next time!!! I don't feel sorry for him...

:rolleyes:

trailrider894
09-06-2011, 04:08 PM
:rolleyes:

What??? Now me being a police officer in training might be why my opinion is the way it is. But i see the reasoning behind it.

Pipeless416
09-06-2011, 04:16 PM
What??? Now me being a police officer in training might be why my opinion is the way it is. But i see the reasoning behind it.

i think it's just plain foolish of you to make a judgement like that without knowing all of the details or the person for that matter. because you know.. 17 year olds all make mature decisions, every fight is caused by every party involved, and people don't change after 30 years. if this is the thought process of our future LEO's, god help us all, especially the ones that got a detention in high school for misbehaving.

JForestZ34
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by fast426
I see where your coming from here, but I'll take the good ole USA over any of those countries.

But that's the problem, our country is slowly becoming one of those other countries..

James

JForestZ34
09-06-2011, 05:37 PM
i think it's just plain foolish of you to make a judgement like that without knowing all of the details or the person for that matter. because you know.. 17 year olds all make mature decisions, every fight is caused by every party involved, and people don't change after 30 years. if this is the thought process of our future LEO's, god help us all, especially the ones that got a detention in high school for misbehaving.

I totally agree.. When your 17 you don't make the best decision's. BUt from what trail rider just said, he must of got real lucky and never got caught doing something he shouldn't of or he knows someone that could have gotten him off and out of trouble..

Because I know for one every 16-17 yr old does really stupid things.. Just most of them don't get caught...

James

chronicsmoke
09-06-2011, 08:59 PM

You've got the cop mentality, that's for sure

trailrider894
09-06-2011, 09:30 PM
My point is more along the lines of, why do the crime if you AREN'T prepared to accept the consequences of it... there are a-lot of 17-18yr olds that raped girls when they were young and got caught, sure they might not be sick minded rapist anymore, and totally regretful of it all. BUT they should have kept that in mind when they committed the act...

ha ha although i have never had a bad run in with law enforcement, that doesn't mean i don't do illegal things... They are all traffic violations, but all the same, I know what the consequences are, and I conciously understand and know that everytime I do those things that i run the risk of being forever stuck with those things.

Unfortunetly in law enforcement, trends lean toward most people with records being repeat offenders... Its just the way it is, if you were in my shoes you would fully understand, but you will never be here unless you you are a LEO.

JForestZ34
09-06-2011, 09:37 PM
My point is more along the lines of, why do the crime if you AREN'T prepared to accept the consequences of it... there are a-lot of 17-18yr olds that raped girls when they were young and got caught, sure they might not be sick minded rapist anymore, and totally regretful of it all. BUT they should have kept that in mind when they committed the act...

ha ha although i have never had a bad run in with law enforcement, that doesn't mean i don't do illegal things... They are all traffic violations, but all the same, I know what the consequences are, and I conciously understand and know that everytime I do those things that i run the risk of being forever stuck with those things.

Unfortunetly in law enforcement, trends lean toward most people with records being repeat offenders... Its just the way it is, if you were in my shoes you would fully understand, but you will never be here unless you you are a LEO.

If your in training your not there either.

And as for your first paragraph, remember that when you see a friend of your speeding or otherwise not obeying the law or better yet your family. Let's see if it holds true for you with them also.

What about judges kids that do a lot of messed up stuff and get out of it. Same thing when it comes to cops kids and family. The laws don't apply to them.

James

Tommy Warren
09-06-2011, 11:13 PM
I wish I could be as perfect as you .....:rolleyes:

chronicsmoke
09-07-2011, 05:55 AM

Has this always been your opinion, or are they teaching you to be a d**k in cop school? lol.

I'm sorry, but a 50 year old business owner, and a well known guy from the area is the one I was referring to. He obeys the law, never got into any trouble after the incident 30+ years ago. (When he was a minor, and has had a pardon for 25+ years for his ONLY offence)

In my eyes, he would be a model citizen. He doesn't get harrassed by cops in canada, or cops in the US (IF the border patrol got the knot out of their panties, and let him accross). People change after 30 years, I dont think you'll find him in a dingy bar with the other 18 year olds picking fights, but that's the way you're treated when you roll up to the customs.

I find it funny that Americans think that their border is slack, try sitting on the other side of the fence!

destey
09-07-2011, 06:21 AM
Illegals vote 99% democrat, so guess who's against a strong border...

chronicsmoke
09-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I only see it one way though, what's it like for an American to come to Canada? Do you guys get harrassed like we do?

Maybe it's uniform accross the board, but I've never had issue with Canadian Customs. They actually give us tips on how to bring parts/booze back w/o paying duty and stuff.

destey
09-07-2011, 07:51 AM
I only see it one way though, what's it like for an American to come to Canada? Do you guys get harrassed like we do?

Maybe it's uniform accross the board, but I've never had issue with Canadian Customs. They actually give us tips on how to bring parts/booze back w/o paying duty and stuff.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to go to Montreal a couple times a year with friends to party. As soon as we said we were going up to Montreal to have a good time they waved us right through. 10 minute wait at most.

2 Hour wait on the way back. Had to give a complete story about what I did in Montreal, how much money I had when I left, how much I spent, how much I returned with. Where I lived (wasn't it on the drivers license?) Where I was born, where I worked...

Then after the customs agent said "I used to hunt on your farm growing up, good deer trail up there" he said with a wink. Then we chatted for a couple of minutes and I left with a smile. Then as I was driving home, I was thinking "if he knew I was a legit citizen, why the 20 questions?" Maybe he just wanted to f with me or maybe he was just doing his job.

A couple of interrogations like that and I said f-it, its easier just to stay here in the states.

CNC_guy
09-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Go spend a couple weeks in a true 3rd world country and then come back and see how close the USA is to becoming one.

I agree things are broke, but we aren't close to 3rd world yet.

Tommy Warren
09-07-2011, 01:40 PM
there are no mud and no sticks holding my house together...this is nowhere near a 3rd world country

HondaPohl
09-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Dont worry. Obama is going to blow another 300 billion with a new jobs proposal. Wonder what its going to be. More short term BS jobs. Guess him and his Kronnies still havent figured out how to jump start this economy. Not saying I know but its lookin worse and worse.

Tommy Warren
09-07-2011, 02:21 PM
there is no turning back from a 12 trillion dollar deficit.... the US will be owned by china someday mark my words

JForestZ34
09-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by destey
Illegals vote 99% democrat, so guess who's against a strong border...

See and that's another problem, illegals shouldn't be allowed to vote

James

JForestZ34
09-07-2011, 03:18 PM
there are no mud and no sticks holding my house together...this is nowhere near a 3rd world country

Your right about that but this country sure is on the fast track to ruin...

James

HondaPohl
09-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
See and that's another problem, illegals shouldn't be allowed to vote

James

How can you even get a voter registration card without a licensce? How can you get a liicensce without a social?

JForestZ34
09-07-2011, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
How can you even get a voter registration card without a licensce? How can you get a liicensce without a social?

Your guess is as good as mine. But it happens everytime elections come up. Maybe there should be an investigation into that.

So many problem with this country I doubt they will ever fix it.

James

fastrnrik
09-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't think the border /illegal alien problems come from the maple heads from Canada crossing, or trying to anyway, legally. I read that anyone attempting legal access to the US is given more of a hard time now days. So much so that it has seriously affected tourism because foreign visitors/tourists say "F" it and go somewhere else rather than deal with the hassle of coming here legally through the proper channels.

I think everyone knows the illegal immigration problem comes from the millions upon millions of people who dig/burrow/swim/jump from Mexico to the US. Then once here, they are eligible for benefits? WTF? The Border Patrol is simply not equipped to deal with the huge area that must be patrolled.
What's funny is our government spends BILLIONS protecting other countries and "spreading democracy" while our country is being overrun and bled dry. I can't understand why there is not some sort of large military presence at the US/Mexico border. Heck, Fort Hood is in Texas, let them put that mechanized infantry to good use! It would serve two purposes, give them training which they do anyway, AND patrol the border. That may not totally eliminate illegal crossings, but it would dang sure cut it down dramatically. As a bonus, if the drug cartels we always hear about want to start shooting, well nothing like a division of Abrams tanks and helicopter gunships to keep things in check.

Our country has SERIOUS problems and something needs to be done, but unfortunately the politicians are not interested in anything but their own agenda's.

motofreak2772
09-07-2011, 09:42 PM
What happened to, "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."?
Yeah, it was all lies back then and it's still a lie now. Just like "freedom and justice for all" haha. Which 'all' are they talking about? Just the people born as americans? Because obviously the people who want to come here aren't welcome. Honestly threads like these are just ignorant and posted by people that never truly understand the matter of immigration. Some kid posted this same thing as his status on Facebook. And like I told him, those aren't the best countries to be comparing to. The reason people are trying to get into the US is because it's not one of those 3rd world countries you listed..

finsteratv
09-07-2011, 10:05 PM
the way i see it if you want to come to the US do it legally and theres no problems. if you come here illegally you're obviously not welcome and should GTFO. i think we should have stricter immigration laws and better border control but hey we'd all like a good economy too? and a straight government and less GOV spending.HAHA this country needs somthing big and new because imo we're gonna lose it if we continue on this way.

Pipeless416
09-07-2011, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
What happened to, "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."?
Yeah, it was all lies back then and it's still a lie now. Just like "freedom and justice for all" haha. Which 'all' are they talking about? Just the people born as americans? Because obviously the people who want to come here aren't welcome. Honestly threads like these are just ignorant and posted by people that never truly understand the matter of immigration. Some kid posted this same thing as his status on Facebook. And like I told him, those aren't the best countries to be comparing to. The reason people are trying to get into the US is because it's not one of those 3rd world countries you listed..

it's also ignorant to think that our tax dollars can support every person who comes here the ILLEGAL way.

Tommy Warren
09-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
I don't think the border /illegal alien problems come from the maple heads from Canada crossing, or trying to anyway, legally. I read that anyone attempting legal access to the US is given more of a hard time now days. So much so that it has seriously affected tourism because foreign visitors/tourists say "F" it and go somewhere else rather than deal with the hassle of coming here legally through the proper channels.

I think everyone knows the illegal immigration problem comes from the millions upon millions of people who dig/burrow/swim/jump from Mexico to the US. Then once here, they are eligible for benefits? WTF? The Border Patrol is simply not equipped to deal with the huge area that must be patrolled.
What's funny is our government spends BILLIONS protecting other countries and "spreading democracy" while our country is being overrun and bled dry. I can't understand why there is not some sort of large military presence at the US/Mexico border. Heck, Fort Hood is in Texas, let them put that mechanized infantry to good use! It would serve two purposes, give them training which they do anyway, AND patrol the border. That may not totally eliminate illegal crossings, but it would dang sure cut it down dramatically. As a bonus, if the drug cartels we always hear about want to start shooting, well nothing like a division of Abrams tanks and helicopter gunships to keep things in check.

Our country has SERIOUS problems and something needs to be done, but unfortunately the politicians are not interested in anything but their own agenda's.

Maple heads? are you telling me you don't like syrup? anyways your answer to illegal immigration is t line the border with hundreds of millions of dollars of tanks and gunships? no wonder your country is broke....do you work for Obama?

slightlybent47
09-08-2011, 08:05 AM

I have no problem with “legal” immigrants coming in “legally”. We need good people that want a better way of life and want to truly become a US citizen. In fact I would support the extradition of anyone that is using the US for criminal activity instead of just locking them up.
Yes it seas "Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free” it doesn’t say give us your criminals who want to exploit our recourses rape our women, drug our children, rob our citizens and kill innocent people.They have no intention of becoming a citizen, there here just to take advantage of our good nature.

Using you approach lets just give away everything we have to those that ask for it regardless of who they are.

Many of these “not all” people just come here to make money and send it back to there family’s in there home country. Mean while there using up our resources that “legal” citizens need.

It’s people like you that are part of the problem. How about “you” give away all of your worldly possessions to an illegal alien that just came here to take everything you have back home with them when they leave.
Give them “your” job, “your” house, “your” money and health care and so on.

We don’t owe the world everything we have just because they want it.

How about they stay home and fight to make the country that they live in a better place to live. Thousands have died to make this country free, let them do the same in there country. We struggle to keep this country free and it’s a continues battle to keep out the ones that don’t.

We here it all the time how we are spoiled and have everything and don’t know what it to live without. That’s because we fight to make it that way, we don’t settle for anything less. That’s what has made this country so great.

You say freedom and justice for all is a joke, so then let’s see you move to Mexico and see what rites you have down there? Let’s see you have justice in a Mexican court room or for that mater on the street. Lets see you start a business and not have to pay extortion money to keep your family from being killed because you didn’t pay.

trailrider894
09-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Maple heads? are you telling me you don't like syrup? anyways your answer to illegal immigration is t line the border with hundreds of millions of dollars of tanks and gunships? no wonder your country is broke....do you work for Obama?

Hmmm... but if the Canada was ever attacked, who would they call for help??? ... hmmm.... let me think... GHOSTBUSTERS..... no... They would call the united states.

turdboy
09-08-2011, 09:19 AM
This subject pisses me off. To me all of this has to do with racism and the whole we are better than you thing. The US is a great county but some of the people living here are just too high on their horse. Like the comments about using immigrants for a firing squad??? Get real. Also about illegal immigrants voting...doubt it. You have to be a naturalized citizen to obtain voting rights which takes 3 years by marriage or 5 years. So no they can't vote. Also do you really think all illegal immigrants are using welfare, not paying taxes, and abusing government services...Doubt it because they are too scared of being caught. They are living like snails and trying to go undetected, trying to make a little bit of money to help out their family who probablly lives in a shanty of a house with a dirt floor. And as far as the cartels go...well thats OUR problem too. We americans are the consumer of the mutli billion dollar industry called drugs! So until all the losers doing drugs in this counrty quit...it will always be an issue.

JForestZ34
09-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by turdboy
This subject pisses me off. To me all of this has to do with racism and the whole we are better than you thing. The US is a great county but some of the people living here are just too high on their horse. Like the comments about using immigrants for a firing squad??? Get real. Also about illegal immigrants voting...doubt it. You have to be a naturalized citizen to obtain voting rights which takes 3 years by marriage or 5 years. So no they can't vote. Also do you really think all illegal immigrants are using welfare, not paying taxes, and abusing government services...Doubt it because they are too scared of being caught. They are living like snails and trying to go undetected, trying to make a little bit of money to help out their family who probablly lives in a shanty of a house with a dirt floor. And as far as the cartels go...well thats OUR problem too. We americans are the consumer of the mutli billion dollar industry called drugs! So until all the losers doing drugs in this counrty quit...it will always be an issue.

Do your research. Immigrants that are here illegally do indeed vote. Politicians drool over this stuff.

If they can get in this country and get a job without a SS card and not pay taxes. THEY CAN FIGURE OUT A WAY TO VOTE.

At one point they wanted to give illegals provisional drivers license. No course no instruction no nothing. Just give them a license and let them go. So give me a break with we are on a high horse.

The difference is. WE EARNED AND WORKED FOR IT!!!!! They have not. Just because you swim or can jump a fence doesn't make you a US citizen.

James

Pipeless416
09-08-2011, 10:14 AM

yes, the comment about the firing squad was incredibly stupid, but beyond the few ignorant people, i do not see this as an issue concerning racism at all :rolleyes: . i see this as an issue concerning people coming into this country illegally, instead of going through the proper steps to become citizens.
who do you think will be the more productive american.. somebody who came here illegally and has no appreciation for the country they are staying in, or somebody that went through the process to become a citizen and earned their rights?

turdboy
09-08-2011, 11:01 AM
I would love to see an actual percentage of illegal immigrants who vote. I agree that the proper steps should be taken, but the majority of the people crossing the border are seeking a job and or a better life meaning they are probablly broke. Do you think they have the resources or the money to do it the legal way? No, and that's where the problem is. An immigration reform is needed. We need to find a better way. People may not want to hear this but a lot of our great grandparents immigrated here, and yeah they may have done it legally, but why? For work and for a better life. I also bet that a lot of them could have been considered ILLEGAL ALIENS.

chronicsmoke
09-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Hmmm... but if the Canada was ever attacked, who would they call for help??? ... hmmm.... let me think... GHOSTBUSTERS..... no... They would call the united states.

Lol, that's the thing. WHY would somebody attack us? (wait we have untapped oil sands.. does that mean we have WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION :eek: )

We aren't invading other countries for natural resources are we?

Go to almost ANY country in the world, introduce yourself as an American, wait for their reaction. Then try and introduce yourself as a Canadian.

Not everything in the world revolves around guns and war :rolleyes:

JForestZ34
09-08-2011, 11:59 AM
I would love to see an actual percentage of illegal immigrants who vote. I agree that the proper steps should be taken, but the majority of the people crossing the border are seeking a job and or a better life meaning they are probablly broke. Do you think they have the resources or the money to do it the legal way? No, and that's where the problem is. An immigration reform is needed. We need to find a better way. People may not want to hear this but a lot of our great grandparents immigrated here, and yeah they may have done it legally, but why? For work and for a better life. I also bet that a lot of them could have been considered ILLEGAL ALIENS.

A LOT of peoples parents came here and did it the right way. So just because they can't afford it we should just let them in and give them everything anyway. That I totally don't agree with.

That's like saying to someone that wants to be a doctor that they failed the course and exams but we will let you do it anyway.

The only reform we need is the government sticking to their laws and cracking down on immigration. If you don't like the way the country is run don come over here.

What about the immigrants getting free health care and food stamps and my own kids wouldn't even be able to get that. There is something seriously wrong with the country and some of the peoiple on this board

James

fastrnrik
09-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I have no problem with "the huddled masses" emigrating to this country. When done properly, they become citizens and contribute culturally & economically to the country like any other citizen would. To compare our grandparents and such coming here 100 years ago to the situation now is apples & oranges. There were no handouts for them. They came here to work or they starved, period. The problem is the millions and millions who come here illegally strictly to take advantage of the system. They contribute nothing, yet gladly accept benefits, which for some reason the government feels they need to provide. It's not only the cost of benefits, look at the stats that come along with the illegal immigration that contribute to the drain- healthcare costs, education, law enforcement, court, and penal system costs, so on, and so on. I'm not some radical right wing nut hate monger that hates minorities and wants to freeze & lock down the country. I understand a lot of these people just want a better life. I mean think how bad it would have to be for one of us to strike off and walk across the dang desert for days. I was turkey hunting in south Texas right on the border a few years ago and saw people walking across. I left food & water for them because it was blazing hot, and they're still people after all. That being said, at what point does our government say "stop" or make drastic changes to the existing system? A boat only floats with so many people on it before sinking.........

No, I don't think the only "answer" to illegal immigration is a line of tanks at the border, but yes, I think some sort of military presence at the US/Mexico border is a good idea. The US Border Patrol is simply not equipped to handle the job of securing the border. As far as spending "hundreds of millions" of dollars... why not? The government spends vast sums of money on military training anyway, as well as the BILLIONS spent on pointless wars the politicians have us mired down in ( another whole discussion entirely), not to mention the BILLIONS they spend rebuilding those countries after we bomb them into oblivion (look up how much has been spent so far rebuilding Iraq...). Why not kill two birds with one stone and spend the money at home on our own security AND using it to keep the military sharp should we actually need them. Plus, look at the return on the investment- secure borders=less illegals=less drain on our countries resources. It would also benefit the "war on drugs" (another laffable topic...) Seems like a no brainer to me. Of course I also think we should let our navy target practice at will on Somali pirates, so maybe I'm a little too radical for the "politically correct" liberal point of view.

I'm no immigration expert by any means, but I'm no ignorant kid either. I've been to Mexico, Texas, Arizona, south Florida, Los Angeles and seen firsthand the effects of illegal immigration. It's not just there either, it's everywhere- the midwest, northeast, etc. Even the small/mid sized town in central Florida I live in is affected by it. I own a construction company and have friends who are farmers. I have talked at length with immigrants, both legal & illegal, on construction sites and farms about the subject just because it's interesting (and disturbing) to hear their side of the story. I don't claim to have all the answers, just expressing my opinions. To me, burying your head in the sand and just letting millions and millions of people come here every year and take,take,take without giving anything back is about as ignorant as it gets, ESPECIALLY when as was mentioned above, there are many legal, tax paying citizens who may qualify for help that don't or can't get it.

....and if America is a SO bad & evil and Canada is SO much better & more compassionate, how bout we load about 15 million of our illegal immigrants and bus them up there for yall to take care of, eh? Be a totally different story then I bet! LOL

Just my rambling $.02.

sexysilverado45
09-08-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by fastrnrik
I have no problem with "the huddled masses" emigrating to this country. When done properly, they become citizens and contribute culturally & economically to the country like any other citizen would. To compare our grandparents and such coming here 100 years ago to the situation now is apples & oranges. There were no handouts for them. They came here to work or they starved, period. The problem is the millions and millions who come here illegally strictly to take advantage of the system. They contribute nothing, yet gladly accept benefits, which for some reason the government feels they need to provide. It's not only the cost of benefits, look at the stats that come along with the illegal immigration that contribute to the drain- healthcare costs, education, law enforcement, court, and penal system costs, so on, and so on. I'm not some radical right wing nut hate monger that hates minorities and wants to freeze & lock down the country. I understand a lot of these people just want a better life. I mean think how bad it would have to be for one of us to strike off and walk across the dang desert for days. I was turkey hunting in south Texas right on the border a few years ago and saw people walking across. I left food & water for them because it was blazing hot, and they're still people after all. That being said, at what point does our government say "stop" or make drastic changes to the existing system? A boat only floats with so many people on it before sinking.........

No, I don't think the only "answer" to illegal immigration is a line of tanks at the border, but yes, I think some sort of military presence at the US/Mexico border is a good idea. The US Border Patrol is simply not equipped to handle the job of securing the border. As far as spending "hundreds of millions" of dollars... why not? The government spends vast sums of money on military training anyway, as well as the BILLIONS spent on pointless wars the politicians have us mired down in ( another whole discussion entirely), not to mention the BILLIONS they spend rebuilding those countries after we bomb them into oblivion (look up how much has been spent so far rebuilding Iraq...). Why not kill two birds with one stone and spend the money at home on our own security AND using it to keep the military sharp should we actually need them. Plus, look at the return on the investment- secure borders=less illegals=less drain on our countries resources. It would also benefit the "war on drugs" (another laffable topic...) Seems like a no brainer to me. Of course I also think we should let our navy target practice at will on Somali pirates, so maybe I'm a little too radical for the "politically correct" liberal point of view.

I'm no immigration expert by any means, but I'm no ignorant kid either. I've been to Mexico, Texas, Arizona, south Florida, Los Angeles and seen firsthand the effects of illegal immigration. It's not just there either, it's everywhere- the midwest, northeast, etc. Even the small/mid sized town in central Florida I live in is affected by it. I own a construction company and have friends who are farmers. I have talked at length with immigrants, both legal & illegal, on construction sites and farms about the subject just because it's interesting (and disturbing) to hear their side of the story. I don't claim to have all the answers, just expressing my opinions. To me, burying your head in the sand and just letting millions and millions of people come here every year and take,take,take without giving anything back is about as ignorant as it gets, ESPECIALLY when as was mentioned above, there are many legal, tax paying citizens who may qualify for help that don't or can't get it.

....and if America is a SO bad & evil and Canada is SO much better & more compassionate, how bout we load about 15 million of our illegal immigrants and bus them up there for yall to take care of, eh? Be a totally different story then I bet! LOL

Just my rambling $.02.

Period. well put sir.

motofreak2772
09-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I wasn't saying I support illegal immigration. I'm saying that a lot of illegal immigrants would have loved to come here legally and pay taxes and what not. The ones that want to take advantage of the system are just like the Americans who want to take advantage of the system.. they are criminals. And should be treated as such.
Becoming a citizen should be an easier thing to do. Or at least cheaper. I know it opens the door for potential terrorists and criminals but honestly they are going to get in either way, other forms of protection will stop them once their here.
And everyone wants to complain about them taking taking taking. But those are the same people giving illegals jobs because they don't want to pay the costs of having real legal employees.. And that's what illegals are coming here for. So if you stop the "boss man" from hiring, they will stop coming.
A country should be like a club, anyone can join. But if you don't participate or cooperate then you get kicked out(or put in jail). Instead, the US is like a team. You have to try out to get in. Except for the coaches son, who can hardly walk a mile yet makes it every year. Obviously running a country is more complicated than this, but it gets the point across. Some illegals have the potential to succeed and improve this country, while there are plenty of worthless Americans sitting around using the country. And I realize we are talking about people who choose to break the law, but I've never lived in mexico so I can't say that I wouldn't try the same thing if I couldn't get in legally.

250x_kyle
09-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Lol, that's the thing. WHY would somebody attack us? (wait we have untapped oil sands.. does that mean we have WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION :eek: )

We aren't invading other countries for natural resources are we?

Go to almost ANY country in the world, introduce yourself as an American, wait for their reaction. Then try and introduce yourself as a Canadian.

Not everything in the world revolves around guns and war :rolleyes:

yes because our country has invaded other countries for natural resources. Someones spending a little to much time in the bar listening to the old drunks talk.

finsteratv
09-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I wasn't saying I support illegal immigration. I'm saying that a lot of illegal immigrants would have loved to come here legally and pay taxes and what not. The ones that want to take advantage of the system are just like the Americans who want to take advantage of the system.. they are criminals. And should be treated as such.
Becoming a citizen should be an easier thing to do. Or at least cheaper. I know it opens the door for potential terrorists and criminals but honestly they are going to get in either way, other forms of protection will stop them once their here.
And everyone wants to complain about them taking taking taking. But those are the same people giving illegals jobs because they don't want to pay the costs of having real legal employees.. And that's what illegals are coming here for. So if you stop the "boss man" from hiring, they will stop coming.
A country should be like a club, anyone can join. But if you don't participate or cooperate then you get kicked out(or put in jail). Instead, the US is like a team. You have to try out to get in. Except for the coaches son, who can hardly walk a mile yet makes it every year. Obviously running a country is more complicated than this, but it gets the point across. Some illegals have the potential to succeed and improve this country, while there are plenty of worthless Americans sitting around using the country. And I realize we are talking about people who choose to break the law, but I've never lived in mexico so I can't say that I wouldn't try the same thing if I couldn't get in legally.
well they're americans who were BORN HERE, i just wanted to throw that in because they were born as US citizens and dont need to become legalized. but i think people living off the system (slackers) should be taken care of...survival of the fitest haha

JForestZ34
09-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
well they're americans who were BORN HERE, i just wanted to throw that in because they were born as US citizens and dont need to become legalized. but i think people living off the system (slackers) should be taken care of...survival of the fitest haha

Wait!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to get this straight.. Please correct me if I'm wrong....

But do you think an illegal that is not a US citizen gives birth to a child that child should AUTOMATICALLY become a US citizen?

If that's the way you think than why not have them all come over and give birth so their children can be citizen..

That is one federal law that they SHOULD def do away with..

If they are here legally and give birth than by all means they should be citizen but if they are illegals than nope SORRY go back to where you came from or do it the legal way..

James

finsteratv
09-10-2011, 11:28 PM
sorry man i missed that part in your post. but no illegal's should notgive birth and have there children be "americans". im sorry if that messes up the kids life getting deported but uhh they can thank there parents.

chronicsmoke
09-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
yes because our country has invaded other countries for natural resources. Someones spending a little to much time in the bar listening to the old drunks talk.

And someone spends a LITTLE too much time believing everything that CNN and the white house is telling them.

It's not a new practice, the gov't tells you what they want you to hear. Same with any capitalist government.

JForestZ34
09-11-2011, 08:09 AM
And someone spends a LITTLE too much time believing everything that CNN and the white house is telling them.

It's not a new practice, the gov't tells you what they want you to hear. Same with any capitalist government.

You don't need to watch CNN or any media for that matter to realize that our country is being over run by illegals.

James

250x_kyle
09-11-2011, 09:14 AM

guess what canadas next :p.

JForestZ34
09-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by finsteratv
sorry man i missed that part in your post. but no illegal's should notgive birth and have there children be "americans". im sorry if that messes up the kids life getting deported but uhh they can thank there parents.

Sorry, I think I misunderstood what you were trying to say.. I get what your saying now..

James

chronicsmoke
09-11-2011, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
guess what canadas next :p.

Next to what? Bail you out of the ridiculously large deficit that will plague your country until the year 3000?

Saying that 'canada is next' proves you don't know what's going on lol.

I admit we allow too many immigrants for my liking, but in reality most of these new citizens WORK THEIR ASSES OFF to get a head in a new land. I don't blame them at all.

On a differen note, does the US have an issue with east Indians, or just Mexican immigrants? Up here most people complain about the Middle Eastern's.. And russain polar bears :p

JForestZ34
09-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Next to what? Bail you out of the ridiculously large deficit that will plague your country until the year 3000?

Saying that 'canada is next' proves you don't know what's going on lol.

I admit we allow too many immigrants for my liking, but in reality most of these new citizens WORK THEIR ASSES OFF to get a head in a new land. I don't blame them at all.

On a differen note, does the US have an issue with east Indians, or just Mexican immigrants? Up here most people complain about the Middle Eastern's.. And russain polar bears :p

They are moving north, so once they invade the US canada is next.. LOL

James

slightlybent47
09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I’ve been cost to cost and border to border and in many places there are very few illegals or foreigners that I could see, then there are areas that are crawling with them.
It’s funny to see the views of those not directly affected, you just don’t have a clue as to how bad the problem is.
Where I live no mater where I go I look around and find I am out numbered by 10-1 with mostly Mexicans.
I have also been present when immigration shows up on a job site and watched them all run and scatter like roaches when you turn on a light.
If you think they can’t vote or get a drivers license and ss card, you have your head in the sand and don’t want to see what’s really happening.
Race has nothing to do with it, there are all kinds of illegal’s here from all over but the majority are Mexicans.

Some of you are complaining about being hassled when you return from visiting another country. That’s the way it should be. Sure there are *** hole border agents just like there are *** hole cops. I’ve been to Mexico many times and not very often do I get a *** hole border agent to deal with. I think they should make it even harder to cross not easer.

As for the illegal’s being scared of getting cough, think again. It’s well known that they do what ever they want, just look around. The debate over weather or not a cop can legally ask someone if they are a legal citizen or not should tell you rite there that there is a problem.
Ask a rancher that has land on or near the border how ruthless these people can be. They are robbing and kidnapping and taking over ranches on the border in order to get the people and drugs through to this country.
Ride down any road near the border and look at all the ladders that have been put up by the ranchers so the illegal’s can clime over instead of cutting the fence to get through. It’s been that way for years.

I can tell where these people call home when I see them protest and carry the Mexican flag and shout Vi Va Mexico. If Mexico is so great then what the hell are you doing here?
Oh wait I know…..you’re getting a free ride!

HondaRaceReady
09-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Anyone who wants to join the fight against illigal immigration should join numbersusa.com and send their pre-written faxes. The site is run by Roy Beck, the immigration expert. Check out his videos on youtube you'll see he knows his ****.

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Here's a link to an article to read.. If this doesn't show we have a problem in this country I don't think anything will..

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/opinion/sunday/california-dreaming.html

Illegal's getting federal and state aid to go to college. WTF

James

nemo25
09-14-2011, 02:51 PM
<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/768h3Tz4Qik" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think south park has the right idea!!!

liex21
09-14-2011, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry but I don't believe our country is being "overrun" by illegals. Yes there is a very big problem but there are a other factors to it such as our own ignorance. For example targeting Mexicans, the last time I checked just because someone has tan skin does not mean they are a Mexican and/or illegal. Also the stance "they're taking our jobs" I'm sorry but if your saying a person who came here illegally and has 0 education took your job its your own fault because in America there are plenty of opportunities to educate yourself and make yourself valuable in the work place and if you did not take advantage of that and took the initiative to better yourself you are just a drain on our society. America established itself as such a great super power because when people from all over the world immigrated here it was for basically one reason, to better themselves, majority of Americans feel because they are here they are now owed something and that by just maintaining they should be secure. This is a place were you come to work your as* off, like many of these "illegals" are doing. We didnt become a economic super power because we just maintained, we got this far because we constantly pushed the envelope of new technology no matter the time period. We developed the trans continental railroad we build at the time the biggest interstate system and countless other achievements. By maintaining we are falling behind because other country's are drastically improving themselves. While we sit here and constantly nit pick and the minute things.

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by liex21
I'm sorry but I don't believe our country is being "overrun" by illegals. Yes there is a very big problem but there are a other factors to it such as our own ignorance. For example targeting Mexicans, the last time I checked just because someone has tan skin does not mean they are a Mexican and/or illegal. Also the stance "they're taking our jobs" I'm sorry but if your saying a person who came here illegally and has 0 education took your job its your own fault because in America there are plenty of opportunities to educate yourself and make yourself valuable in the work place and if you did not take advantage of that and took the initiative to better yourself you are just a drain on our society. America established itself as such a great super power because when people from all over the world immigrated here it was for basically one reason, to better themselves, majority of Americans feel because they are here they are now owed something and that by just maintaining they should be secure. This is a place were you come to work your as* off, like many of these "illegals" are doing. We didnt become a economic super power because we just maintained, we got this far because we constantly pushed the envelope of new technology no matter the time period. We developed the trans continental railroad we build at the time the biggest interstate system and countless other achievements. By maintaining we are falling behind because other country's are drastically improving themselves. While we sit here and constantly nit pick and the minute things.

Sorry but the last time I checked we are not a economic super power anymore. Maybe we were 10-15 yrs ago but not today. We OUT SORCE EVERYTHING.

Try and get a small business loan in this country. Bet it won't happen. They give more and more small business loans to people out of this country than go old american citizens.

There are more illegals here than just mexicans but what do you see more of? Mexicans or russians, or what?

Like I said if we keep going on the track we are this will either be a spanish speaking country or we will be call the new china if it hasn't happened already

James

CJM
09-14-2011, 07:57 PM
I want to educate some of you who are being pretty ignorant, you might not like what I have to say and if you dont thats fine-just play nice and dont be nasty in your reply.

Where I live there is a HUGE population of illegal immigrants. Be they from mexico or any other country in central or south america. They almost all work low paying menial jobs, the very same jobs just 10-15 years ago were mostly worked by poor minorities and poor whites (there, Im being PC for those of you who I might offend).

These people take ZERO pride in trying to assimilate into our society. They travel to the beat of thier own drum and will not learn english, send thier illegal children to our schools (which taxpayers pay for), go to our hospitals where the taxpayers pay the bills for them, some even apply for and get welfare, foodstamps and more using proffered social security numbers. They dont pay taxes and they sure dont have drivers licenses and usually cause accidents as a result of little to no experience driving before coming here.

They also rent houses and pay cash (the landlords love it!). Where I live the entire boro (its split into a township and a boro) is full of them. Were talking they outnumber everyone else at least 3-1. Are they bad people, not really-but they do overrun the area.

Now, as far as them taking our jobs. Unless you work landscaping, building trades that dont require skilled labor, cleaning jobs or at a fast food place they didnt take anything from you. I can tell you that the guys at least usually tend to work much harder than US citizens , you want a job done and quick you hire illegals-you want to deal with BS and take forever hire some citizens.

Finally, my best friend is an illegal immigrant from mexico. He works harder than Id be willing to bet most of you here. He pays taxes because he married a white girl, he speaks excellent english and assimilated into our society quite well, best of all hes an honest hardworking person. He is the minority here-he doesnt act like the rest of the bad ones.

My stance is we should close the border and not let anyone thru it. BUT we cant just grab them all and deport them. Sure we could track them down. I believeit was hoover, truman and eisenhower did something similar to by deporting many different peoples so americans would have jobs. Still, cant just round them all up like the nazis did to the jews and ship them away.

Even worse is legitimate people cant come here, yet we bring legally people from somalia, a-stan, iraq, etc. I have a friend whose been trying for years to emmigrate from germany, hes an engineer and a class act. He has been denied at least 203x now for reasons they dont tell him. But like I said they allow others here legally or illegally and do squat. What needs tobe done is make these people assimilate into the united states coulture, require english be spoken (stop catering to them) and give them ss numbers and make them legal. I dont like it anymore than the proponents for the ideas as well, but there isnt much else we can do but round them up and remove them-which our legislature wont do.

Thats my stance, dont like thats cool. just dont reply all nasty-it wont help

motofreak2772
09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by liex21
Completely agree. Instead of complaining about immigration people should just work harder. Competition for jobs should motivate people to do better and like you said it will better the country. I understand people are concerned about their tax dollars, but come on tax money is wasted on so many more things that needs to be stopped as well. At least these immigrants are using the money in a good way. There are a lot of lazy Americans that just use the money they are given and never try to improve on their life. But not every American using the money is lazy and not every immigrant using the money does good with it. There's nothing we can do about that though it will always be two sided.
I wonder what would happen if the doors were open to anyone. This country would become survival of the fittest and only the best would succeed. I don't see what's wrong with that haha.
I do agree with the person who posted about the Mexicans supporting Mexico and parading around with the flags and stuff. I think that's mostly with the ignorant kids that have probably never even been to Mexico though. Once they mature and realize their families struggled to come to the US for a reason, they gain a lot more respect for this country.

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by CJM
I want to educate some of you who are being pretty ignorant, you might not like what I have to say and if you dont thats fine-just play nice and dont be nasty in your reply.

Where I live there is a HUGE population of illegal immigrants. Be they from mexico or any other country in central or south america. They almost all work low paying menial jobs, the very same jobs just 10-15 years ago were mostly worked by poor minorities and poor whites (there, Im being PC for those of you who I might offend).

These people take ZERO pride in trying to assimilate into our society. They travel to the beat of thier own drum and will not learn english, send thier illegal children to our schools (which taxpayers pay for), go to our hospitals where the taxpayers pay the bills for them, some even apply for and get welfare, foodstamps and more using proffered social security numbers. They dont pay taxes and they sure dont have drivers licenses and usually cause accidents as a result of little to no experience driving before coming here.

They also rent houses and pay cash (the landlords love it!). Where I live the entire boro (its split into a township and a boro) is full of them. Were talking they outnumber everyone else at least 3-1. Are they bad people, not really-but they do overrun the area.

Now, as far as them taking our jobs. Unless you work landscaping, building trades that dont require skilled labor, cleaning jobs or at a fast food place they didnt take anything from you. I can tell you that the guys at least usually tend to work much harder than US citizens , you want a job done and quick you hire illegals-you want to deal with BS and take forever hire some citizens.

Finally, my best friend is an illegal immigrant from mexico. He works harder than Id be willing to bet most of you here. He pays taxes because he married a white girl, he speaks excellent english and assimilated into our society quite well, best of all hes an honest hardworking person. He is the minority here-he doesnt act like the rest of the bad ones.

My stance is we should close the border and not let anyone thru it. BUT we cant just grab them all and deport them. Sure we could track them down. I believeit was hoover, truman and eisenhower did something similar to by deporting many different peoples so americans would have jobs. Still, cant just round them all up like the nazis did to the jews and ship them away.

Even worse is legitimate people cant come here, yet we bring legally people from somalia, a-stan, iraq, etc. I have a friend whose been trying for years to emmigrate from germany, hes an engineer and a class act. He has been denied at least 203x now for reasons they dont tell him. But like I said they allow others here legally or illegally and do squat. What needs tobe done is make these people assimilate into the united states coulture, require english be spoken (stop catering to them) and give them ss numbers and make them legal. I dont like it anymore than the proponents for the ideas as well, but there isnt much else we can do but round them up and remove them-which our legislature wont do.

Thats my stance, dont like thats cool. just dont reply all nasty-it wont help

I agree with what you said but at least your friend is doing something with his life. He is at least making an attempt to be part of the sociaity. Many of them don't try. It is our faults too for give them jobs without a ss card and such. Something else that eerks the crap outta me is you have an illegal driving down the road, (without a license or insurance) and gets into an accident with you. You get hurt and have tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills. Guess what? You can sue him or anything. You'll never see a dime from them or anybody else. And guess what. He'll just jump in another car and do it all over next week.

James

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Completely agree. Instead of complaining about immigration people should just work harder. Competition for jobs should motivate people to do better and like you said it will better the country. I understand people are concerned about their tax dollars, but come on tax money is wasted on so many more things that needs to be stopped as well. At least these immigrants are using the money in a good way. There are a lot of lazy Americans that just use the money they are given and never try to improve on their life. But not every American using the money is lazy and not every immigrant using the money does good with it. There's nothing we can do about that though it will always be two sided.
I wonder what would happen if the doors were open to anyone. This country would become survival of the fittest and only the best would succeed. I don't see what's wrong with that haha.
I do agree with the person who posted about the Mexicans supporting Mexico and parading around with the flags and stuff. I think that's mostly with the ignorant kids that have probably never even been to Mexico though. Once they mature and realize their families struggled to come to the US for a reason, they gain a lot more respect for this country.

Do you know how ignorant this sounds????

When they are here illegaly they are breaking a federal law!!!! Should be deported on the spot.

They don't pay taxes!!!! Look what happened to the last person who didn't pay his taxes. He's serving a couple years in federal prison. His name is wesley snipes. And he's a US citizen and they crack down on him but not the illegals. Something is really wrong with peoples thinking here

They can't work as hard as they want but if they are here illegally then they should be shipped back to their home country. Sorry but that's the way it should be.

Look what happens when you cross the border in iran or north korea. You get sent to prison. I know its a 3rd world country, not saying that's what we should do but send them back home.

James

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh and one more thing.

When I'm working a full time job, part time job and going to night school and I can't afford to pay for medical care for my kids and some illegal immigrant can come up and get FREE health care while I STRUGGLE to provide for my kids I HAVE A BIG FREAKING PROBLEM WITH THAT.

So how dare anyone say to a US citizen that they should work harder and better themselves and make it more competitive. I'm doing all I can and I STILL get turned away.

Now you TRY to convince anyone on this topic how that it fair!!!!!!!!

When I pay my taxes and work my *** off to provide for my kids and family and I get turned away while doing the right thing and up walks a Mexican and needs health care and they get told "no problem, fill these out we will be right with you" is TOTAL BS.

James

turdboy
09-14-2011, 08:35 PM
Where in the rulebook of being an american does it say you MUST speak english? The language we speak came from europe. It immigrated here. How many of you have tried learning another language? Let me tell you it's not easy and it takes time.

motofreak2772
09-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Do you know how ignorant this sounds????

When they are here illegaly they are breaking a federal law!!!! Should be deported on the spot.

They don't pay taxes!!!! Look what happened to the last person who didn't pay his taxes. He's serving a couple years in federal prison. His name is wesley snipes. And he's a US citizen and they crack down on him but not the illegals. Something is really wrong with peoples thinking here

They can't work as hard as they want but if they are here illegally then they should be shipped back to their home country. Sorry but that's the way it should be.

Look what happens when you cross the border in iran or north korea. You get sent to prison. I know its a 3rd world country, not saying that's what we should do but send them back home.

James
Well I was talking about immigrants in general not just illegals. And I know that it's illegal and they aren't paying taxes. Which is why I suggested that we make it legal. Like I posted before, a lot of these illegals would love to be a part of this country and pay it's taxes.
You mention tax evasion, and that's another problem everyone wants to complain about illegals being here and aren't paying taxes when there are a large number of citizens not paying taxes too. I believe everyone should be able to come here but the price is you have to pay the tax. Then we don't have to worry about legals and illegals we just have to worry about who is paying their share and who isn't.
I just don't agree with the difficulty of moving to another country. People should be able to go anywhere they want, they just have to abide by the rules of each place they go to.

turdboy
09-14-2011, 08:39 PM
So lets say you had zero insurance and your daughter breaks her leg. You are saying the hospital will turn you away...? No they will care for you and you would apply for some sort of state aid. I feel A LOT of hate coming from your posts.

motofreak2772
09-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Oh and one more thing.

When I'm working a full time job, part time job and going to night school and I can't afford to pay for medical care for my kids and some illegal immigrant can come up and get FREE health care while I STRUGGLE to provide for my kids I HAVE A BIG FREAKING PROBLEM WITH THAT.

So how dare anyone say to a US citizen that they should work harder and better themselves and make it more competitive. I'm doing all I can and I STILL get turned away.

Now you TRY to convince anyone on this topic how that it fair!!!!!!!!

When I pay my taxes and work my *** off to provide for my kids and family and I get turned away while doing the right thing and up walks a Mexican and needs health care and they get told "no problem, fill these out we will be right with you" is TOTAL BS.

James
Medical is a whole other issue. And I agree that it isn't fair. Honestly, it should be free for all citizens. But yeah, I think the system needs to be corrected so that doesn't happen.
Just to clear it up I do not support illegal immigration, I just think immigration should be a legal thing or at least an easier thing to do.

motofreak2772
09-14-2011, 08:45 PM
So lets say you had zero insurance and your daughter breaks her leg. You are saying the hospital will turn you away...? No they will care for you and you would apply for some sort of state aid. I feel A LOT of hate coming from your posts.
I think the problem is qualifying for that state aid you speak of. I've never had to do it, or even know much about it. But like any state or federal aid, they only give it to people who make less than a certain amount. He probably makes too much, but because of other expenses couldn't afford the medical bills while an illegal made the cut and got the state to pay off the bills.

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 08:48 PM

No it's not hate. It's frustration.

And if I have no insurance and she broke hernleg they would fix it.

But guess what a couple weeks later you can bet their would be a bill from the hospital in the mail demanding payment.

If not paid they could report it on your credit or even possibly put a lien on your home.

Now if the same was exact situation happened to an illegal they would treat them and on their way they would go. No payment NO NOTHING.

When someone comes here from another country without paperwork or going through the rightnsteps to be here legally and they have all this free stuff being thrown at them it gets very frustrating to see.

We still have people in new Orleans that still need help but for some reason our country can't help them. They are more interested in Jose that is working for sam's landscaping. They need his vote.

James

JForestZ34
09-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I think the problem is qualifying for that state aid you speak of. I've never had to do it, or even know much about it. But like any state or federal aid, they only give it to people who make less than a certain amount. He probably makes too much, but because of other expenses couldn't afford the medical bills while an illegal made the cut and got the state to pay off the bills.

Your right. They ask how much you make a year and want to see a copy of your last years tax return. But what they DON'T take into consideration or even bother to ask or investigate is how many other bills you have and what payments you have.

This is not an immigration persons fault. That is our laws and government.

But say the cut off for aid is 20k a year. If you make 30k a year you don't qualify for the aid but if they take into consideration what our expenses you have( bills, payments and such) then you would fall far below that 20k and you should be qualified.

They don't care about your bills or anything else. They just want to see what your income was on your tax return and that's it. It should be done differently

James

slightlybent47
09-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Look we all know many of the illegals are good hard working people and want to be Americans. Sneaking in and not going through the proper channels just makes them criminals. When they stand up and wave the flag of Mexico and demand we adjust our society to accommodate them instead of them putting the effort to assimilate into the country they are in, shows where there true heart lies.
Most send all the money they make to there native country instead of spending it here. Many stay here long enough to earn money and then return to there home country and live like kings with the money they made here. Mean while, while they were here they used every recourse that they could to supplement there income. What little the have to pay into the social security system from the illegal ss number that they got at the flea market is nothing to what they use in social services.
When they go through the proper channels to get here they go through a back ground check and are required to learn the history of this country and can at least speak and read some English.

Illegal’s do non of this, they congregate with there own kind and refuse to speak our language, then demand we learn Spanish so we can communicate with them. When they should learn English instead.
If you’re for immigration reform and you believe that there is no threat to your “corporate job” then just wait till all these illegal’s get there degree from the free education that “you” paid for and take over your so called safe job.
Some have said that there just occupying low end jobs and anyone “white” that has not gone to collage is a burden to society. You’re full of crap! Not everyone wants too or can go to collage and get a degree. Just because you chose to work in a field, that dose not require an education does not mean your scum or a burden. This is just another form of ignorance as some have put it.

turdboy
09-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Please show me in the "rulebook to be an american" where it says we must speak english....People can speak whatever language they want.

slightlybent47
09-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Please show me in the "rulebook to be an american" where it says we must speak english....People can speak whatever language they want.

That’s rite you can speak what ever language you want as long as the people you’re talking to can understand what you’re saying. But if you truly want to be an American then you should have respect and at least learn the native language “English” so you can assimilate into the society your living in. Try going to any other country in the world and you run into the same thing, you should respect the country you’re living in and benefiting from and speak the native tongue.
There are many who do learn the language and do well, it’s a sine of respect. It shows me that you care and want to be here.
Those immigrants that came here in the past did it, so why cant the new ones do it?

Were not asking them to give up there language or culture, just embrace and learn the language of the country your in and benefiting from.
We call this the melting pot because we have so many deferent cultures here. But is it really? If we all group with the people we are familiar with and don’t mingle then we are just a divided society, not a true melting pot.

So lets just let everyone in no mater they are or where they come from and give all of them free benefits that they haven’t earned then we can be just another third world country like everyone else.

I’d like to see you that say there’s no problem come here to my city and try walking through the barrio and will see how far you get before some illegal druggy caps your *** for being in “there” hood!

It is and should be a privilege to come here, not a rite!

slightlybent47
09-14-2011, 11:02 PM
None of us are saying don’t come here, were just saying do it the legal and rite way.
Many of these people pay tens of thousands of dollars to sneak in and go through hell to get here. If they can do that then they can go through the legal process and do it the rite way.
So if I follow there and your thoughts, then if millions of people start robbing banks and killing people then we should just let them go because there are so many of them?