PDA

View Full Version : Snake Trap

Pappy
09-01-2011, 02:50 AM
I had been told to catch snakes, use deer netting and or a minnow trap with a golf ball in it.

I had cleaned up a small pepper garden that sits between my house and my chicken coop yesterday, and a piece of deer netting ripped off and was in the yard, I geuss it was the size of a bowling ball.

Right before dark, 5 of us were sitting out keeping an eye on a some new chicks and a new goat when our cat raced off my wifes lap, about the same time, my neighbor asked if that was a snake.

Ended up being a decent sized copperhead, smack dab in the yard tangled in that piece of netting!

http://kenhill.smugmug.com/Other/Private-Gallery-2/i-8GgpQtK/0/O/DSC9776.jpg

01boneless
09-01-2011, 07:44 AM
you killed it right?

Pappy
09-01-2011, 08:39 AM
LOL..yes, a poisonous snake in the yard doesnt live:p

01boneless
09-01-2011, 08:56 AM
lol no snake in my yard lives unless its a grass or black snake lol they dont bother nothing my buddy has 2 pythons lol

Tommy Warren
09-01-2011, 09:07 AM
I love seeing pivtures and videos of snakes and that one has a beautiful pattern.....BUT If I found one of those in my yard I would be sitting at the real estate office with a truck full of boxes

Pappy
09-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
BUT If I found one of those in my yard I would be sitting at the real estate office with a truck full of boxes

I am the biggest sissy when it comes to snakes. I saw a 12 inch garter snake today while mowing and dropped teh deck and chopped it up. I LOATHE snakes. I will cross the double yellow line and run you in a ditch to get one with the truck. I have been known to not go in a building for months if I see a snake in there. I got in a huge fight with my dad when they accidently let a big black snake loose in the house.....I moved to the firehouse and never went back!

If I can live here, and you say you'd move, then there is atleast one sissy more sissyfied then me LMAO!

Tommy Warren
09-01-2011, 09:51 AM
we don't have anything venomous up in my area thank god. we have garder snakes and black rat snake which grow up to 9 feet. I'd rather see the bigger snake anyday. its the little ones that don't move until your about to step on them that drive me insane! If I see it and I know its there I'm fine but when I don't expect it I freak. Just the thought of a venomous snake being able to get into my house sends chills down my spine... I couldn't do it:o

Tommy Warren
09-01-2011, 09:56 AM
if you made a moose call and put that snake skin on it I'd probably buy it though :cool:

Pappy
09-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Its sitting in someones mailbox right now LOL

Pipeless416
09-01-2011, 10:10 AM
story time? :p

Pappy
09-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Nothing bad, buddy of mine wanted to skin it, so I put it in his mailbox. He doesnt get mail so he will be the only one opening it. He did a rattlesnake his wife killed a few years back, wanted a copperhead to set beside it I reckon

Pipeless416
09-01-2011, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
Nothing bad, buddy of mine wanted to skin it, so I put it in his mailbox. He doesnt get mail so he will be the only one opening it. He did a rattlesnake his wife killed a few years back, wanted a copperhead to set beside it I reckon

oh, i was hoping this would be a pesky neighbor story!

Pappy
09-01-2011, 10:41 AM
No, those neighbors get a pile of rotting deer carcasses in a good spot upwind of their house each fall. Then we start throwing the raccoon and possum carcasses there when we are trapping.

I was told they got rid of their dog because it kept dragging bones in the house and smelled like death LOL! They are so stupid, they bought their oldest kid a quad, and told another neighbor they would annoy us with it LOL. Cody did a few laps on his race quad the day after that......stock blaster versus piped YFZ haha! Then they let him ride the neighborhood road, which got the cops called on him and another neighbor threatening to just burn down their house with them in it. Idiots, the whole lot of them.

The other neighbors dog is MIA and they have been keeping the others locked up since the 6:30 am door pounding wake up I gave them when their mutts ran off a super buck that was feeding right to me. I couldnt get an arrow in them so I climbed down and marched to their front door. Informed them that there would be no more chances and I would shoot their dogs if I ever saw them on my place again.

Why folks cant be responsible and keep to themselves is beyond me. Dont start nothin'...wont be nothin'!

OldGuyonaQuad
09-01-2011, 10:51 AM
Omg calling humane society on Pappy. ;) Pappy is Micheal Vick irl. Nice contract btw. .D

Pappy
09-01-2011, 11:43 AM
LOL, I have letter from Animal Control that allows me to shoot dogs on site.....so does my neighbor LOL!

rundrave
09-01-2011, 12:20 PM
around here any dog chasing big game or livestock is fair game
and totally legal

you of course could also opt for the 3 S's

Shoot
Shovel
Shutup

:)

Pappy
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Its similiar here, except we can shoot dogs for just harassing livestock with this permit. So if a dog is on the outside of the fence, but causing problems...it can be drilled.

HondaRacing83
09-01-2011, 02:38 PM
Pappy I know what you mean, my neighbors piss me, my parents, and the good neighbors off alot. The way it is, is my house is about 3/4-1mile off the road. We own 25.5 acres. We have 2 neighbors on each side that sit like really close to the road. They own like barely an acre, always a damn problem. The other 2 neighbors, sit back off the road like we do, they both own like 11 acres. We get along GREAT with them. They are good people. Its these people that have no ****ing property that are the problem, or they dont have much money. They are always trying to sneak back on our property, everything. They kept driving out there yard through ours through the driveway, always trying to go back hunting. Pisses my dad right off, the 2 WITH property, are super chill, were pretty close. They let me ride on there property, and hunt. As they do the same with ours, we all get along. Now the one neighbor has like 18year old kids and there partying alot all night, but its not an issue. We dont complain. Ill even occasionally blast music. The 2 upfront neighbors finally pissed my dad off enough, we got our prop serveyed and we have way more frontage on each side then they though, so my dads like weve had enough with you guys, were putting up splitrail fence down each side. they got all pissy, because legally we could make them pay for half, theyre saying how they cant afford that, and my dad said dont worry about it weve got it covered. the one keeps pissing me off, the other one was smart, he kept his mouth shut. because turns out we own like half his garden, my dad let him keep it. the other one we dug up all there bushes and trees on our side with the backhoe. they always complain about me riding to? dicks. /rant off

OldGuyonaQuad
09-01-2011, 04:05 PM
LOL, I have letter from Animal Control that allows me to shoot dogs on site.....so does my neighbor LOL!

All tongue in cheeck bro, I know you are a dog / animal lover from other posts and besides I am a huge Pappy and Micheal Vick fan boi.

E-A-G-L-E-S what's that spell? Iggles

Fly Eagles fly.......

Tommy Warren
09-01-2011, 04:18 PM
we rent out a townhouse in the city and the neighbours always complained about us blowing snow onto their driveway ( which we didn't) we have a contract with a local yard maintenance guy who plows it with a backhoe, takes it up the street, and puts it in a huge pile. anyways we ended up getting our property surveyed and it turns out we owned half of his driveway.....so we took it...now he parks in his front lawn in the winter and has to resod his lawn every spring....shoulda kept his mouth shut

OldGuyonaQuad
09-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
we rent out a townhouse in the city and the neighbours always complained about us blowing snow onto their driveway ( which we didn't) we have a contract with a local yard maintenance guy who plows it with a backhoe, takes it up the street, and puts it in a huge pile. anyways we ended up getting our property surveyed and it turns out we owned half of his driveway.....so we took it...now he parks in his front lawn in the winter and has to resod his lawn every spring....shoulda kept his mouth shut

karma is a Biatch

Pappy
09-01-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by OldGuyonaQuad
karma is a Biatch

LOL, the idot of the hood (the one I really cant stand) ran off the road when he met my other neighbor hauling a 40 ft gooseneck full of hay. The idot neighbor was in the ditch when the other neighbor went back out for another load. The idot neighbor flipped off the hay neighbor...and was acting a fool.

This past winter, the idoit was in a ditch again, and asked my neighbor if he would come pull him out LOL! The idot got a tongue lashing and had to wait on a tow truck. Hi sidot wife burnt up the tranny trying to get it out while he was walking to see if the hay neighbor would help.

Im still a good guy....when the idiot neighbors wife had another diabetic fit and their kids started jumping out of the car when she would pass out and stop in the road, I went and gathered them all up, called 911 and waited at their home until the ambulance arrived. The entire time she cursed me out, and even started to come out of her house with a big knife. She hates my guts, and even during her episode managed to show what a scumbag she is. her idiot husband thanked me for doing what I did....I told him he should be thanking God I didnt just shoot the dumb ***** when she came out with the knife in her had.

We know when she will be having a fit because she goes on these health kicks where she jogs...and that takes a few days until her system is out of wack and she has an episode. If she doesnt kill someone behind teh wheel...or her own kids it will be a miracle. And to top it off, they adopted a kid so she could get paid to care for it and wouldnt have to work. The kids are never monitored and she is an evil mouthed hussy. Such a shame....maybe I should have opened her car door at the bus stop and tossed that snake in her lap just to watch her head explode LMFAO!

ben300
09-02-2011, 09:09 AM
hussy

how do you know? :devil:

OldGuyonaQuad
09-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Heh I love it when what goes around comes back around. It doesn't always work that way but when it actually plays out that way its a great reward for the affected observers.

Pappy you're a good man continue to set the example rather then follow the one being set.

I grew up in a bad city and our greatest allies were our Neighbors. Everyone looked out for each other. Times have changed now everybody has a bug up their butts and some axe to grind

Thanks for sharing that I love a story with a happy ending

Now if I could see the scumbags that stole my quad on the evening news being air lifted out of some pit I would sleep better at nights