PDA

View Full Version : Man cuts off toes to save his life

Scro
08-31-2011, 07:09 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/31/colorado-logger-cuts-off-toes-after-foot-is-pinned/

I understand how he might have been scared of being left out in the woods after dark. But only waiting 30 minutes before you start hacking your own toes off?!? I think I would have took my chances on being found for a little longer LOL.

250x_kyle
08-31-2011, 07:41 PM
maybe i read that wrong but did it say his cell phone was in his pickup out of reach but he drove his semi for help? if thats the case i dont think id want to be shifting more then 5 gears with amputated toes.

CJM
08-31-2011, 08:08 PM
And this is why I always, always, always keep my phone in reach and I always damn make sure anything that could fall on me wont happen if possible.

Sorry for this guy, but there is a reason why you dont ever put your feet under something that weighs that much and could fall off.

HondaPohl
08-31-2011, 08:09 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Sucks

trx310R#24
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
maybe i read that wrong but did it say his cell phone was in his pickup out of reach but he drove his semi for help? if thats the case i dont think id want to be shifting more then 5 gears with amputated toes.
it was prob a 18 speed to :p

250x_kyle
08-31-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by trx310R#24
it was prob a 18 speed to :p

it was probably his clutch foot as well. atleast he didnt amputate his right hand lmao.

trailrider894
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
lol he said that his wife was expecting him back in several hours.....

hmmm... lets compare..

Wait several hours in only slight pain until your wife comes to find you.

or

cut your TOES off in panic and suffer SEVERE pain...

hmmm.... my clear choice would be to amputate my left hand and hold it in my right hand in order to reach my cell phone....... IDIOT!!!

250x_kyle
08-31-2011, 09:12 PM
more like should have amputated his and any of his offsprings manhood to keep the gene pool in check

Tommy Warren
08-31-2011, 09:15 PM
he must have long toes in order for them to be under a tire and still have enough room for him to cut them off. I would have just yanked them out...something smells fishy. he didn't have a cell phone but he had something in his pocket that could cut through bone? I think he had steel toed boots on and the weight of the trailer crushed the steel toe through his toes and he cut the boot off.... I lost 2 of my smallest toes on my right foot from my steel toed boots being stepped on by a draft horse.. they where reattached

finsteratv
08-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
he must have long toes in order for them to be under a tire and still have enough room for him to cut them off. I would have just yanked them out...something smells fishy. he didn't have a cell phone but he had something in his pocket that could cut through bone? I think he had steel toed boots on and the weight of the trailer crushed the steel toe through his toes and he cut the boot off.... I lost 2 of my smallest toes on my right foot from my steel toed boots being stepped on by a draft horse.. they where reattached x2 and if he told his wife thnwhats the worst? sleep there over night pinned? i'd do that before i cut all my frickin toes off. doesnt sound right, maybe steel toeds..

Zakradu398
09-01-2011, 06:55 AM
First off, how does a logging trailer 'slip'. And I bet the first thought in his mind was Aaron from 127 hours. He prolly thought he'd be a badass lool

fastredrider44
09-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm with y'all. he's an idiot.:o Crushed toes isn't a matter of life and death. I would have waited . As far as the trailer slipping, he must have done a bonehead move and was to embarrassed to give the real story.

Scro
09-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Trailer falls on foot, cuts his toes off. He drives himself out, all the while thinking how great of a story it would be, and all the publicity he could get, if he cut his toes off to save his life.

Mission accomplished. LOL

woodsracer144
09-01-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle

its called floating, you dont use a clutch... unless you start and stop...

Kennethyfz450
09-01-2011, 02:46 PM
I never been in that type of situation, but I don't see myself cutting off anything within the first 72 hours.

250x_kyle
09-01-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
its called floating, you dont use a clutch... unless you start and stop...

true but it takes a little more expeirence to do that. i personally dont have the seat time to feel comfortable doing that.

RATPACK Z400
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Look at your foot ! there,s an inch difference from big toe to small one ! if his toe,s (all ) where stuck he would have had to cut the foot too! this guy just made up a story to cover his stupidity and to look like a tough guy! Theres no way your gonna start cutting toes after 30 min,s .

Scro
09-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I figured the doctors would have been able to tell if they were sawed off with a pocket knife, or chopped off by something else.

selbygirl
09-02-2011, 01:57 PM
i wonder if the ground beneath his foot was on dirt , i think i would of just dug it out with my 3 inch knife,, plus i dont think he cut his toes off with the knife ,maybe his boot to free him self... somthing doesnt sound right.. he was probably up to no good ......what comes around toes around

wilkin250r
09-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by selbygirl
somthing doesnt sound right.. he was probably up to no good ......what comes around toes around

If that's the best story he could come up with, it's pretty lousy. Of course, if my foot was cut off and I had to come up with a better story on the spot, I'd probably be stumped too...

Langbolt
09-02-2011, 05:52 PM
Hey aren't 6-ton trailers a tandem axle ???

Here's a thought....

1) Deflate the tire compressing toes

2) Pull foot out from under deflated tire

3) Walk to truck & drive home

:devil:

Brauap
09-02-2011, 06:37 PM
"Ralston's story became the subject of the movie "127 Hours."

Yes, minus 126.5 hours. Gaaad! lol