View Full Version : quick question

01boneless
08-31-2011, 10:40 AM
hey guys can someone tell me whitch ring goes where on my piston i know the oil band and small oil rings go on the bottom but i cant remember whitch ring goes on top and on the seconed notch ?

Brauap
08-31-2011, 11:22 AM
Arn't they the same? It's been a long time.. but I think they are the same. I do know the writing goes up though on the rings.

eprovenzano
08-31-2011, 11:40 AM
I had the same question when I installed my new Namura piston. I sent them an email and here is an answer I received

"The top ring will be the ring with silver finish on the outer diameter, middle ring is all black, and the oil ring is assembled with the expander and 2 scraper rings. Pay special attention that rings are staggered correctly as per your OEM service manual. Any markings on the ring will face up."

I hope this helps.

hocman123
08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
on the wesico pistons its vary easy if u look at the rings one is thicker then the other by a little bit and on the piston one slot is larger then the other so the thicker one goes in the bigger slot and smaller to smaller if u tryed to do it the other way the bigger one would never fit in the small slot

Honda.rider5871
08-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Not to be a dick , but go buy a cylmers service maunal for $30 . It should tell you step by step how to replace your top end , valves , etc. I bought one yesterday to take the clutch cover off and it told me step by step how to do so.

hocman123
08-31-2011, 04:59 PM
that is vary true for most things but i am preddy sure the manual only shows the type of edge it has which is really hard to see by eye. Also differant piston makes do deferent things i know he had a wisico so i know how that piston works. the other guy said namura colors there rings diffent. but on a stock piston with stock rings u have to look at the rings and they say it someplace on the ring were it goes and what side is up.

01boneless
08-31-2011, 05:08 PM
yeah i have a clymer there buddy but it dident come stock with a wiseco piston

NMills
08-31-2011, 05:39 PM
Where are the instuctions that came with the piston??? i just received mine and it shows step by step placement.. sizing and pretty much anything else i need to know... and i don't wanna hear... I'm a guy and don't need directions... most cases we can say it... and be fine... this is not one of those cases...

01boneless
08-31-2011, 05:54 PM
it came in the quad i dont have the instructions i got this this morning so no need now thanks