PDA

View Full Version : what i plan on doing to my ex

400eXz
08-31-2011, 09:41 AM
this what i plan on doing to my 400ex.

white plastic with blue frame blue swinger etc.
renthal twinwall bars with blue bar pad
itp t9s up front with razr mx
itp bajas in back with razr mx
factory effex seat cover
spacers (maybe cause i might do mx and i dont want them to break)
uni air filter
parking brake block off
msr hp clutch lever with the parking brake delete thingy lol
ims heel guards
powermadd hand gurds
durablue axle
i hope to get most of this stuff done in the next year or so. also tell me what else i may need to do to race mx

finsteratv
08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
sounds good! i'd do some suspension stuff while you're doin it..450r,yfz,kfx shocks?

Stickman400
08-31-2011, 12:36 PM
Idk if I'd get a Durablue. They aren't bad, but I sent mine in awhile back to get straightened after it got bent and it took 1 1/2 months to get it back and it was still bent. Just do yourself a favor and get a RPM Dominator II.

jkosakowski
09-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I highly recomend the 450r shock upgrade wat a diffrence it made!!

honda400ex2003
09-02-2011, 09:47 AM
nice list there!

g force axles would get my vote
maybe some arms to go along with the axle and help out stability a bit.

an exhaust would help out on a track also along with a 14 tooth sprocket to gear it down a bit.

450r shocks would definitely be nice on either the stock arms or anything extended.

steve

SARAmotos10
09-02-2011, 12:22 PM
if you plan to run MX, I highly recommend rear bead locks at least. You'll regret it otherwise. Wheels aren't cheap.

Also, nerf bars & kill switch/tether if you don't have them already. All MX tracks around here require those two things to be on the bike.

trailrider894
09-03-2011, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by SARAmotos10
if you plan to run MX, I highly recommend rear bead locks at least. You'll regret it otherwise. Wheels aren't cheap.

Also, nerf bars & kill switch/tether if you don't have them already. All MX tracks around here require those two things to be on the bike.

Beadlocks aren't a requirement, if you aren't a die hard mxer. If you plan on goin to MX tracks and doin all the big jumps, then get em. I've been racing for two years, clearing all the big jumps and never really had a need for beadlocks.

SARAmotos10
09-03-2011, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Beadlocks aren't a requirement, if you aren't a die hard mxer. If you plan on goin to MX tracks and doin all the big jumps, then get em. I've been racing for two years, clearing all the big jumps and never really had a need for beadlocks.

You aren't riding hard enough :) I have pictures of tacoed and mangled wheels from the track. Also, nothing sucks worse than racing, bein out front, or about to make a pass for the lead, and havin a tire pop off the bead.

shrug... just my .02 but I'm a die hard MX rider

trailrider894
09-03-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by SARAmotos10
You aren't riding hard enough :) I have pictures of tacoed and mangled wheels from the track. Also, nothing sucks worse than racing, bein out front, or about to make a pass for the lead, and havin a tire pop off the bead.

shrug... just my .02 but I'm a die hard MX rider

ha ha well a good hard wheel, will hold up well, it all depends on track conditions, and tire pressure. Trust me, I understand MX and Yes, if you are smashing the faces of jumps or over shooting/bottoming out, hitting other riders... ETC, beadlocks are a must. BUT if you aren't a die hard MX'er that is just hittin the jumps and ridin in C class then forget it, put your money somewhere else.