PDA

View Full Version : need help kickstart wont move or pull start

meuris71
08-31-2011, 08:44 AM
i blew up my 07 tc national motor and got it put all back together after a new 14.1 piston and all new valves im runnin stock cams and have had the valve cover a dozen times to check the timing. the kickstarter will barely budge and when i try to pull start it it wont do anything. any suggestions would be very helpful!! thanks

mxpimp2000
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM
if the cam mod isnt done you wont be able to kick start it and to pull start it is goin to be a pain in the *** with a 14:1 piston you need the cam mod which is retard the exhaust timing 1 tooth clockwise

RichM1983
09-18-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
if the cam mod isnt done you wont be able to kick start it and to pull start it is goin to be a pain in the *** with a 14:1 piston you need the cam mod which is retard the exhaust timing 1 tooth clockwise

That has nothing to do with causing the bike to be hard to start. Where did you come up with that?

Don't listen to this post. The cam mod will not fix your problem.

Having a hard kick is not due to the 14:1. If its abnormally hard to kick then something else is wrong. Especially since you say it won't pull start.

I can't offer much help other than to shoot down the other guys comment.

mxpimp2000
09-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RichM1983
That has nothing to do with causing the bike to be hard to start. Where did you come up with that?

Don't listen to this post. The cam mod will not fix your problem.

Having a hard kick is not due to the 14:1. If its abnormally hard to kick then something else is wrong. Especially since you say it won't pull start.

I can't offer much help other than to shoot down the other guys comment.

you need to learn something yourself. he said the kicker would BARLEY move sounds like alotta compression to me. I plainly offered my suggestion and FYI if the cam mod isnt done even with a stock piston you WONT be able to kick it. You have no damn suggestion but to say im wrong but you didnt come up with no help at all. so suck it

RichM1983
09-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by mxpimp2000
you need to learn something yourself. he said the kicker would BARLEY move sounds like alotta compression to me. I plainly offered my suggestion and FYI if the cam mod isnt done even with a stock piston you WONT be able to kick it. You have no damn suggestion but to say im wrong but you didnt come up with no help at all. so suck it

Whatever you say man. I've ridden bikes my entire life and I'm 27. I've owned several types from 4 to 2 stroke and your suggestion that high compression is why the kicker barely moves is asinine. It may be HARDER to kick due to high comp but not BARELY move as you say. I'll stick to the same with the cam mod.

Also I'm pretty sure the yfz has an auto compression release so none of this even matters. But I may be wrong, that may only be on the electric start.

You don't have to get butt hurt dude. I just think your wrong.

Oh and I didn't offer any help because I don't know whats wrong, other than your post.

BUT lets stop this if you want to argue then PM me.

Sorry and good luck OP. At least your getting bumps. lol

mxpimp2000
09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Yfz dont come factory with kick start and if you go high compression the stock battery wont turn it over esp if the cam mod isnt done.

Cam mod being done advances the timing and allows the compression to be released at a different point in the cam cycle rotation. Im 24 and know a yfz from bottom to top i do all my mechanics replace cranks cases transmissions valves you name it. If the bike is turning over and dosent start and is getting spark and fuel then its in the timing and valve lashes. Bike wont start if the valves are too tight. If you try to pull start it with high compression and the wheels dont turn over try a higher gear.

To make sure everything is turning free remove the spark plug and try kickin it over it should turn over easy. Recheck timing and go from there

BakerRacing40
09-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by meuris71
i blew up my 07 tc national motor and got it put all back together after a new 14.1 piston and all new valves im runnin stock cams and have had the valve cover a dozen times to check the timing. the kickstarter will barely budge and when i try to pull start it it wont do anything. any suggestions would be very helpful!! thanks

start back on your original problem, how did it blow up? any chance the crank might have been damaged? transmission stuck in two gears? no shims for the cams? any missing tools or pieces that might have been misplaced in there?