PDA

View Full Version : TRX 400ex suspension upgrade

Bobatvracer
08-30-2011, 09:26 PM
I race harescrambles (X country) with my son. I ride a 07 400ex with a modified engine but the suspension is currently stock with 450r front shocks.

I have considered lowering the quad's ride height by about one inch to improve stability around corners what do you think?

My weight is approximately 230lbs do you think revalving the shocks is worth the cost?

What steering stabilizer do you recommend?

Thanks

honda400ex2003
08-30-2011, 09:30 PM
the ccp puck stabilizer would be the one to get, it is usually on ebay, everyone likes them when added.

as for suspension, i would suggest doing +1 wider arms, this would widen it out and lower it down a bit with the 450r shocks making it a better performer in the corners. an axle to go along with that would be nice too, g force gets my vote for great warr and price at 200 bucks.

at your weight i wouldnt revalve since the 450r shocks are a bit hard on stockers but are good for 200 on a +2 arm. they should be very nice with you and +1s on them. yeah it would help to revalve but wouldnt be worth the coin to me. the back shock is pretty good and the 450 fronts will be even better with arms to match.

just my thoughts
steve