PDA

View Full Version : xc training help me out

416 racer
08-30-2011, 04:59 PM
hey i want know the best excercise and how long to do it and howmany days a week to do it im bigger trying to lose a bunch of wieght so i can race last long and put in good result it my dream to be a a calss national rider help me to make my dreams come true let hear ur guys tips

Scro
08-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Ride, ride, and when you feel like stopping, keep riding. Seat time is most important. Ride a bike, swim or run for cardio. Find a good job, because it takes alot of money to run the nationals.

airmobile101
08-30-2011, 05:34 PM
I just run about 3-7 miles a run. About 3-4 times a week. It helps,but I think Im gonna start cycling, running really puts wear and tear on your body.

416 racer
08-30-2011, 07:38 PM
anyone els got exercise dieting tips and the coupl things i need help with is down hill im always slow on them and bein able to keep it pinned i always let off get back onit

Pacheco_450r
08-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by airmobile101
I just run about 3-7 miles a run. About 3-4 times a week. It helps,but I think Im gonna start cycling, running really puts wear and tear on your body.

I started cycling more too, it really is a lot better on your joints! But you sure have to go a lot farther to get a good workout!

Eating wise just use common sense, eat quality food, not packaged junk. Eat pasta, whole grain breads, fruits, veggies, milk, peanut butter, nuts. Good hardy stuff like that is better than pizza and soda.

airmobile101
09-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Pacheco_450r
I started cycling more too, it really is a lot better on your joints! But you sure have to go a lot farther to get a good workout!

Eating wise just use common sense, eat quality food, not packaged junk. Eat pasta, whole grain breads, fruits, veggies, milk, peanut butter, nuts. Good hardy stuff like that is better than pizza and soda.
Exactly! Im getting old! lol

Pacheco_450r
09-01-2011, 10:29 PM
haha you know what I mean

dxcody
09-01-2011, 10:38 PM
If you have access to it,

RIDING AN MX TRACK IS HARDCORE TRAINING.
I know your probably thinking "well why would i practice MX if i am going to race XC??

Trust me you wanna build up some cardio, Run about 2-3 hot laps, to get used to the track,

then put the hammer down hardcore for 5-10 laps depending on how good your cardio is already.

Then take about a 25-30 minute break. Go back and run 5-10 more laps.

Donnie Ockerman an XC1 pro rides at a local place alot that me and my buddies go to. It is where he started racing.

They have 2 big MX tracks and a ton of woods, we went there one day just for fun and he was there.

We started riding about 9:30 on some trails and he was heading over to the MX track.

We watched him start and he was riding hard

We came back to the trailer about noon because we were hungry and he was still going to town and didnt let up until almost 1.

We asked the owner how many breaks he had takin and he said 1 just long enough to refill his camelback.

NOW THATS SOME CARDIO TRAINING!

As for diet i dont really know because i like to eat everything but for some reason i am stuck on 140 pounds LOL

Pacheco_450r
09-01-2011, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by dxcody
If you have access to it,

RIDING AN MX TRACK IS HARDCORE TRAINING.
I know your probably thinking "well why would i practice MX if i am going to race XC??

Trust me you wanna build up some cardio, Run about 2-3 hot laps, to get used to the track,

then put the hammer down hardcore for 5-10 laps depending on how good your cardio is already.

Then take about a 25-30 minute break. Go back and run 5-10 more laps.

Donnie Ockerman an XC1 pro rides at a local place alot that me and my buddies go to. It is where he started racing.

They have 2 big MX tracks and a ton of woods, we went there one day just for fun and he was there.

We started riding about 9:30 on some trails and he was heading over to the MX track.

We watched him start and he was riding hard

We came back to the trailer about noon because we were hungry and he was still going to town and didnt let up until almost 1.

We asked the owner how many breaks he had takin and he said 1 just long enough to refill his camelback.

NOW THATS SOME CARDIO TRAINING!

As for diet i dont really know because i like to eat everything but for some reason i am stuck on 140 pounds LOL

I remember reading about Bill Ballance back in the day and he could hang with some of the best on a mx track. We all know about his success in the xc world.

And I'm right there with ya! I'm lucky if I'm 135 and I eat all day long.