View Full Version : New Video Edit

BoneStockHonda
08-30-2011, 09:44 AM
A friend of a friend rented out the practice track at the local track this weekend so I brought out the 450R I picked up last Monday. This was my first time riding the quad and first time on a legit track so I don't think I did too bad.

I took some advice from you guys on my first video and left the sounds of the quad in (but turned them down to hear the music) and took some shots of the same jumps with the helmet cam and using it off the helmet. All the footage with filmed with a GoPro HD.

Let me know what you guys think of the filming/editing as well as the riding. Give me some tips. Thanks!

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jeVpT-Ij428" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HondaRacing83
08-30-2011, 11:02 AM
looks good. what were you riding before?

Tommy Warren
08-30-2011, 12:02 PM
invest in a tripod to get rid of the shakiness and try to keep the quad in the center of the shot not on the bottom of the screen....good video keep up the good work

BoneStockHonda
08-30-2011, 12:34 PM
I was riding a stock 400ex before. And I'll probably get a tripod eventually. We filmed everything with a GoPro so its hard to shoot cause there's no view finder or screen you kinda just eyeball it.

Tommy Warren
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
true just get cheap flip cam for the side shots

TheLane
08-30-2011, 01:52 PM
cool vid, holy **** that track looks beat to hell.

lasher45
08-30-2011, 04:01 PM
You did a good job.

Critique:

During the intro when you transitioned the clip to the music quickly, some of them were slightly off beat. Nothing big, just more careful timing is needed.

The fade to black transitions were overused. Really there's almost never a spot where you need a transition. Just have clips continue without them.

As for stability when your holding the camera, purchase either an old ski pole or the Go-Pole (which is made specifically for the GoPro). If you buy the ski pole you will need the handlebar/seatpost mount. But with the pole it will allow to the move the camera around more smoothly and take away most of the shaking or all if you have steady hands. A tip if you decide to do this: Use the camera in upside-down mode (Upd) and have the camera on the bottom of the pole. It will allow for a more natural angle that's straight on. Unlike if you have the camera at the top it will appear as if your looking down slightly. This doesn't happen in all cases however, especially when held at an above the waist level.

Also when your filming the rider from a 3rd person perspective keep him in the same position throughout the clip for the smoothest looking video. In other words, when you start the clip and the rider is in the middle of the frame keep him in the same spot. It can be hard with the GoPro, but once you get the hang of it, it will become easier.

Last thing: Depending on what video editing software your using, it may or may not have color grading in it. If you tweak the saturation and contrast slightly it usually goes a long way. Play with some of the options, experience is the best teacher.

Hope this helps :D

HondaPohl
08-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Cool vid. Post more. Love those gopros.