PDA

View Full Version : Amp Mx

chunky0071
08-30-2011, 06:46 AM
http://ampmx.com/event_2011_0903_cms/index.html

FISH ON!
08-30-2011, 04:45 PM
How is the mini quad turnout? Worth the trip for us?

chunky0071
08-30-2011, 05:11 PM
Tanner, Dylan, Maybe the Cushmans, the quadfather and hopefully some others. Thats a tuff call but it should be fun we are going over Friday after noon to stay the night.

Christiansdad
08-30-2011, 06:14 PM
We will be there...IF enofe 50's show up. I would hate to drive 3hrs for just two quads(our kids) to race in the same class. If not we will take a day to durhamtown.

thequadfather+2
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
We will be there, bringing our DRR 50, bone stock 90 Apex and built 90 DRR.
I also believe the others from our area include: Brocato, Alex and Ryan Walters and I believe Boggan said they were going and possibly Henson.

I know Kirkland said they were coming and Eric Alhm....

It should be a pretty good turn out with 90's, 70's and 50's.

It looks like the weather is going to be ok.....

Bens Dad
08-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Don't know if we can make it waiting on motors to get back from rich hetrick. Also talk to alot of mini s that can't come due to the time of the race unless that's changed !
!

Bens Dad
08-30-2011, 08:21 PM
Don't know if we can make it waiting on motors to get back from rich hetrick. Also talk to alot of mini s that can't come due to the time of the race unless that's changed !
!

thequadfather+2
08-31-2011, 06:54 AM
It's hard for everyone to get on the same page which is why the quad turn out at most races is very low and inconsistent. This is the only reason we run the nationals, you dont have to worry about driving and nobody showing up to race....

Oh well, we will be there. I would rather drive 3 hours to race 5 quads and finish last than drive across town and race against 2. I know people who will pay good money to sit on the gate alone. They will drive to a race knowing they will be the only quad there, I would rather just go buy a trophy if it means that much :devil:

See yall Saturday.

chunky0071
08-31-2011, 07:26 AM
we will be there friday night

edwardsp&b
08-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Todd, load up and come on! We will leave sometime friday night and get there.
Bryan

chunky0071
08-31-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey Bryan you can get in the gate from 5 till 11PM see yall at the races!

Rich243
08-31-2011, 12:03 PM
Good luck to everyone. Soooooo wish I did not have to work Saturday.......but the work thing has to pay for this stuff.

Andrew is very bummed he will not see everyone. Everybody have a good day and be safe!!!

chunky0071
08-31-2011, 03:30 PM
Well sorry guys you can take Tanner off the list for Sat.

FISH ON!
08-31-2011, 06:45 PM
I should have paid closer attention to my work schedule before we got interested............I'm on call this weekend and have to stay in town. Looks like a cool track. Good luck and be safe.

fastrnrik
09-01-2011, 05:45 AM
We won't be able to make it. Have a work conflict as well.

Christiansdad
09-01-2011, 08:33 PM
well looks like we will be at durhamtown saturday for some practice..we will be at the bomber and pee wee track mostly all day

nastynotchback1
09-02-2011, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Christiansdad
well looks like we will be at durhamtown saturday for some practice..we will be at the bomber and pee wee track mostly all day

A few of us are going monday if you want to go then

Christiansdad
09-04-2011, 05:00 PM
We just now got back from durhamtown. The cushmans were up there this weekend and left later today..man his boys are fast. They are suppose to have lawnmower racing up there on the flat track on monday...

thequadfather+2
09-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Had a pretty good time at AMP, good racing and a super nice track. It was good practice for us, Jordan's first time back on a big track this summer and it was just what he needed, not airing it out yet but getting back to his old self shouldn't take long. This is a video edit of the kids that were there. I tried to include everyone.

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/knkllN20zDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EthansDad
09-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Bruce,

best video I've seen in a long time! That rear mounted cam caught a lot of action for sure! We had a great time with everyone, and the back and forth between Ben, Ethan and Jordan was some of the best race action we've seen in a while.

-EA

thequadfather+2
09-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Thanks Eric, Ethan was on a mission. No matter how much roost came his way he just kept hammering the throttle. He def had a bigger thumb than anyone out there. I didnt get moto 2, I put the new camera (hd) on and it died about the same time the gate dropped, so all I had was moto 1.

Jordan said "man Ethan was tough"...I gotta agree, very good. Ethan put up a fight with Ben for a couple laps and then Ben made quick work of Jordan but it was still good racing and exactly why we made the drive.

Tanner looked good, a little less power but still completely cleared the finish line double. He came down the hill wide open and never checked the throttle once; hit it pinned.

We have to do that again.

BTW; The full unedited version of the bumper cam is on my youtube page. The memory card filled up and it cut off on the final lap....bigger card coming soon.

chunky0071
09-06-2011, 06:59 AM
We had a great time ! Learned what we needed to know about our suspension and got it dialed in a little better look forward to the next time Great vid!

EthansDad
09-06-2011, 07:31 AM
yea, I think tanner was the only one clearing the finish line step-up, or at least the only one I saw doing it.

Ethan came back moto 1 to the pits with the biggest dirt mustache I've seen for a while, this video explains that :-)

I honestly think Ethan was out of practice passing fast, on pace riders as he didn't get much of that this year. Again, exactly why we made the trip out there, very good racing.

EthansDad
09-06-2011, 09:24 AM
Here is a slideshow of some of the pics Aldona took. some good ones of everyone I think.

https://picasaweb.google.com/ericahlm/AMPMX?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMLanKCx67_asQE&feat=directlink

chunky0071
09-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Every body needs to come to Calhoun this weekend! We will be having cake for Tanners Birthday. HIs bday is the 29th of this month but this is our only local race.

thequadfather+2
09-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Great pictures Eric, tell her good job.

Would like to go to Calhoun but we broke a pipe in the 2nd moto at AMP so I will be fixing that. Im going to take his apart and fix a few things that need repair. I am also ready to start building the Apex. I need to get Brady on something with suspension and power if we are going to run with yall.

chunky0071
09-07-2011, 06:44 AM
Hey my apex is stock we run limited classes in XC and don't plan on building for a while.

thequadfather+2
09-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Your quad put four bike lengths on us before turn one. I havent made any jetting/clutch/motor/exhaust changes and I have found that in pure stock trim it doesnt do that well. We may not build the motor right away but def a pipe, clutching, ignition, softbars and shocks. He just turned 8 and we want to run the 70 class next year so I gotta build a 70 at some point.

We have gusseted and upgraded the radiator but have more work to do before arena cross starts. Maybe we can all get together again in a few weeks.

chunky0071
09-07-2011, 10:56 AM
What I have and you have seen it works well molossi overage vary, red molsi spring, and a drr slippe with stock rear gearing. and a 6" uni filter in the air box. Really woke the bike up and it pulls hard. I have noticed that alot of people over fuel there bikes. I run vp100 in all my stock bikes it makes good power and you don't have alot of jetting issues.

AMP MX
09-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Hey guys, I wanted to thank all of you that made it out for the race last Saturday. I hate it, but I personally didn't get to see the Mini ATV motos, so it was cool to see the video!! It is unfortunate that some of you weren't able to make it out. With us being a big outdoor style track and not having any lights, we have no choice but to race during the day. Most of our races are on Sundays though, so hopefully that works better.

We have a SAS/SCCS race coming up October 8-9 and while those two series do not offer a class for you guys, I would like to add it myself. Only thing is that it is an AMA Sanctioned event. That may or may not be an issue, but if it is, I am sure I can figure out a way to make an exception for the Mini ATV class only. The Humphrey's and I are trying to figure out a way to make our race on Sunday and their race on Saturday, a double header actually.

I don't know how big of a class is possible, but it would be cool to get a good number of you guys out for this race. Hopefully we will not be so dry like we were this past race. NO rain in a month hurts!!

As details are nailed down, I will post them here for you all to see. Thanks again for coming last weekend and I look forward to seeing you guys again!!

Rich243
09-09-2011, 11:58 AM
We will be there if you can work it out. Sunday is better for us....Some Saturdays are possible but not all. Let us know what you come up with.

Thanks,

thequadfather+2
09-09-2011, 12:25 PM
AMP; First I would like to say thanks for coming here and posting that. Personally I will support any track that puts effort into supporting quads and especially mini quads. My youngest one rides both bikes and quads but we refuse to ride at any track that will not support both.

If you put forth the effort to arrange a race for mini quads then we will come, even if I have to take off work. Our riders are thin compared to bikes and sometimes we have trouble getting to the same race.

I would love to film more and help promote AMP both here and on Youtube. The video I shot wasn't the best quality this time because I am in the process of changing camera's, software and computers. Everything will be in HD pretty soon.

I would like to point this out to all mini quad riders and encourage them to support tracks that support us. If we can get a group together and make it worth their time, maybe they will support us in future events.

Again, Thank you. It's not often that a representative from a track visit's us here to thank us for coming.

Bruce Carson
Florence, AL.

chunky0071
09-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks for having us out. It's was a great time and the first time my son had ever been on a National level track and he had a great time. If we can be there we will. The week end in ? we will be there. Thanks to all we had a great time.

edwardsp&b
09-09-2011, 08:09 PM
To Matt at amp we had a great time, and you have an awesome track. Thanks for posting, maybe we can bring some more riders to the next one.

Bryan

EthansDad
09-10-2011, 08:16 AM
times 4 Matt, thanks for having us and putting in the effort to add classes for the minis. we really liked the track and the facility and will keep our eye out for upcoming events there. we're a pretty small crew of mini Q racers here in the southeast, but when we get organised, we can fill a gate.

If you see if pics you liked on my link of riders, just send me a PM and I can send you the original, HQ file for your use.

-EA

AMP MX
09-10-2011, 08:16 AM
You are all welcome. I know your pool of riders isn't as big as some, but we had 6 of you at last weekend's race and that is enough for me to include you as often as I can. The plus side is that you guys don't do to the track what the full sized ATVs do....so I don't have to take any heat from the bike riders. :)

I mentioned that this next race is an AMA Sanctioned race and wasn't sure if that is a problem for you all. If you can let me know whether that is OK or not, we can get everything finalized for the next race. Also, we offer Pre-Registration, so once it is opened up I will try to keep you guys posted on who and how many have signed up. The Humphrey's told me we could possibly have 10-15 of you guys last race, so that would be cool to see!!!

Here is a link to the Event Page on our website. Entry fee is $5 more for this race since it is part of the SAS & SCCS.

http://ampmx.com/Event_ampMX_2011-10-fall_sas_sccs/index.html

EthansDad
09-10-2011, 08:41 AM
We are card toatin' AMA members...I think a number of us are, and for those that aren't its a good idea for more than just racing. A few of your member $$ go to good things like fighting congress on stupid lead laws and other crap that wants to stop our kids from riding.

Rich243
09-10-2011, 10:16 AM
We are one of the family's that do not have an AMA card since we have not done any nationals up to this point. Joining the AMA is not a problem for us and Andrew would need it to race the kx65 anyhow. Can we buy the membership at the track or should we do it online before the race? Either way it is ok with us.

We really appreciate the opportunity and look forward to racing there a bunch in the future.

Thanks,