PDA

View Full Version : Virus programs!

Kickstarts-suck
08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
So today I was just sitting on website minding my own business when one of those fake virus scans popped up and then something kept wanting me to allow but I kept denying and then firefox closed and nothing would open because of the "w32 blaster.worm" well I had to boot in safe mode and then downloaded Malwarebyte and it found it and deleted it.

So I need some good virus protection and anything else. I dont know much about computers. Im guessing there is more than just virus scans to keep your computer safe because Spybot never found anything.

What does everyone use?

ProspectorJim
08-29-2011, 05:27 PM
Kaspersky is the best. They update their virus databases alot more frequently than most other programs.

Kickstarts-suck
08-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Kaspersky is the best. They update their virus databases alot more frequently than most other programs.

Thanks.

Are there other programs I need or does this take care of everything like malware and other things to fug up my computer.

Honda#4
08-29-2011, 05:56 PM
I run Norton 360 and haven't had one problem thus far. Everybody has certain issues with all virus programs so it comes down to what you can afford I think.

HondaPohl
08-29-2011, 06:41 PM
I use Avast. Its free. Go to avast.com. Register and download. Its 100% free and works great.

honda400ex2003
08-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Honda#4
I run Norton 360 and haven't had one problem thus far. Everybody has certain issues with all virus programs so it comes down to what you can afford I think.

x2 i like 360 the best for purchase stuff.

i run avast for antivirus, ad-aware for adware stuff, and run ccleaner for defrag stuff every now and again. i dl spy bot when i do the big scan stuff after a bit of a slow down. i cant afford 360 now so i run all of that free stuff for different things. 360 gets it all in one shot.

i also do a disk cleanup before i scan to get rid of alot of the crap that bogs down the scans. it seems to speed them up quite a bit after cleaning it all off.

i monitor my systems pretty close, im pretty anal about running low ram usage and keeping my comps running fast.

just my .02 though,
steve

ProspectorJim
08-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Thanks.

Are there other programs I need or does this take care of everything like malware and other things to fug up my computer.

it does everything. It also doesn't use up as much system resources as most of the other program.