PDA

View Full Version : 2005 brute 750 problems

bigjoe
08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
hey guys, im new to the utility side of riding and am having some problems with my 750. first is when i take off the bike starts to bogg alot then it opens right up, and when i let go of the gas, it backfires, cnat figure it out, second problem is when u shut the bike off you hear the ignition system shutting down, but im hearing it sometimes when i ride at a slow speed and do not know if it is normal or not, im hoping someone can please help me out, thanks again guys

bigjoe
08-29-2011, 09:43 PM
come on guys some help please

chucked
09-25-2011, 07:03 AM
the noise you're hearing is the kebc, its normal. The bogging and backfiring sounds like you need your carb tuned, gonna have to back out the low speed screws a bit.

dman66
10-02-2011, 06:03 AM
If you have not cleaned the carbs yet,I would.Your pilot jets could be dirty.If you have not changed your pilot jets from stock #38 to #40 jets, you may want to do so.Most of us go on MIMB site for these answers.I bought my Brute minutes from Manhattan over on the Jersey side. Is the hesitation something that just started? Lucas fuel/ethanol stabilizer and seafoam really cleaned up the internals of my engine,and helped her run smother.