PDA

View Full Version : 330 trail boss craps out at 1/2 throttle

69zandar
08-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey everyone, I bought my wife the trailboss and we took it to florence for our yearly dune trip. It worked great and she really enjoyed it. I got it home and took it to a car wash to get all the salt water and sand off of it . Got it home and the following weekend I put new brakes on it for her. While I was testing out the new brakes it would not want to run very well popping spitting and backfiring , I figured I must have gotten water somewhere , I have pulled the flywheel side cover off and didnt find any water but it was dirty in there so I cleaned everything up , I never pulled the flywheel , and put it back together , cleaned carb. checked all wire connections, tried to test coil got 13,000 ohms from the one connector on the coil to spark plug cap. put a new plug in it ( It kind of acts like my 250r did when a plug would foul ) Now it will run up to about 3/4 rpm and want to die. If you let off the throttle it will come back . I pulled the muffler off to verify that it wasn't plugged also . I am kind of at a loss right now , if anyone has any ideas please let me know !! Thanks for your time !!