PDA

View Full Version : how do you make a shorty?

seanmccullough4
08-26-2011, 09:02 PM
can someone explain to me how to make a shorty exhaust, all i got is a stock pipe and its boring lol can someone just give the steps on how to make one out of the stock pipe?

Ryan02400ex
08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I dont know if you can do it with the stock exhaust but all you do is cut it 5 0r 6 inches back from the tip and re-tap it. Thats what i heard but search it to make sure im correct

HondaPohl
08-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Ryan02400ex
I dont know if you can do it with the stock exhaust but all you do is cut it 5 0r 6 inches back from the tip and re-tap it. Thats what i heard but search it to make sure im correct

Wow. Your thread was askin how to mod a quad for trail riding and know your giving advice on building custom exhaust. NICE! You come up to speeeed fast! HAHA Sorry Im a d!ck.

DirtyBirdRacing
08-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
Wow. Your thread was askin how to mod a quad for trail riding and know your giving advice on building custom exhaust. NICE! You come up to speeeed fast! HAHA Sorry

X2

Pipeless416
08-30-2011, 09:29 PM
not sure if either of the last two replies were actually necessary.. :rolleyes:

anyway, making a shorty out of the stock exhaust is not really possible, because it is a chambered silencer, as opposed to the straight through design that most aftermarkets use. to be honest, i don't understand why people like shorties. they look kind of weird and stubby to me, don't add any power, and just make the exhaust that much more annoying.

seanmccullough4
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

anyway, making a shorty out of the stock exhaust is not really possible, because it is a chambered silencer, as opposed to the straight through design that most aftermarkets use. to be honest, i don't understand why people like shorties. they look kind of weird and stubby to me, don't add any power, and just make the exhaust that much more annoying.

alright thanks, think ill just wait till i can get a slipon

Brauap
08-31-2011, 10:25 AM
Here is the shorty I made a few years back.. (the video was real old..)

<iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wbmNP3AMoqY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

beastlywarrior
08-31-2011, 02:11 PM
cut the baffling out and make a core out of tubing then wrap it in fiberglass wala a good exhaust made out of the stocker

HondaPohl
08-31-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416

Ahh. Yup they were. Sorry if you dont approve.

Ryan02400ex
08-31-2011, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by HondaPohl
Wow. Your thread was askin how to mod a quad for trail riding and know your giving advice on building custom exhaust. NICE! You come up to speeeed fast! HAHA Sorry Im a d!ck. haha thanks im a pretty quick learner.