PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex Won't turn over

cflora19
08-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I was out riding last week and my 400 ex, just started like cutting out like it wasnt getting fuel then died. I had to push it back. Once i was home I pulled out the spark plug cleaned it and made sure there was spark coming from the plug. I then checked the gas line to make sure it was flowing up to the intake.

The bike does make a sound from the start/cylinoid however the motor is not turning over at all. If the bike is in gear it will move the bike so i know the motor is not locked up.

It use to have all regular fuel in it this time i went up one grade of fuel. Will this effect it or has this happened to any one?

THANKS GUYS

TheLane
09-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by cflora19
I was out riding last week and my 400 ex, just started like cutting out like it wasnt getting fuel then died. I had to push it back. Once i was home I pulled out the spark plug cleaned it and made sure there was spark coming from the plug. I then checked the gas line to make sure it was flowing up to the intake.

The bike does make a sound from the start/cylinoid however the motor is not turning over at all. If the bike is in gear it will move the bike so i know the motor is not locked up.

It use to have all regular fuel in it this time i went up one grade of fuel. Will this effect it or has this happened to any one?

THANKS GUYS

Very odd, have you checked your battery to see if its holding a charge? Might also wanna check your starter. Is it a clicking noise it is making?

kt1148
09-03-2011, 01:28 PM
I think he's trying to say that it won't fire. He said the bike will move when in gear and tries to start it, but I may be wrong...