PDA

View Full Version : Best XC Suspension

FISH ON!
08-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm looking for opinions on cross country long travel set-ups. We have the ATV 4-Play A-Arms and stem on one of our quads and I'm wondering if there is anything better out there. Prefer maximum ground clearance which the 4-plays are great for but need a better turning radius................ anything out there that isn't greater than 44" wide?

NSTIG8R
08-30-2011, 07:23 PM
my son runs ARS-FX A-arms with Exit shocks for XC this year. They are 42.5" running 4+1 offset front wheels.

FISH ON!
08-31-2011, 04:36 AM
Yes the ARS A-Arms with Exit shocks looks like a great combo but I believe they are only available for the DRR. Is that correct?

T@AFP
09-01-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by FISH ON!
I'm looking for opinions on cross country long travel set-ups. We have the ATV 4-Play A-Arms and stem on one of our quads and I'm wondering if there is anything better out there. Prefer maximum ground clearance which the 4-plays are great for but need a better turning radius................ anything out there that isn't greater than 44" wide?

If turning radius is an issue. Call me and I can give you some tips on how to make it turn sharper and easier. But call me when you are with the bike because I'm going to need you to give me some dimensions off your set up you have now.

330/289-1423.
Tom

FISH ON!
09-01-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks Tom. We definitely like your stuff the best. I'll try to give you a buzz tomorrow afternoon. Part of the problem is we run the 4+1 wheels to keep it narrow for woods and the wheels will hit the A-Arms if I tweak the stem stop to much.

Christiansdad
09-01-2011, 09:53 AM
I know its kinda off and on the subject with the turning radius. I put 300ex splindle's..(the whole nine yard) I had to adjust my balljoints out a few threads. I lost some turning when i done it...not a big difference to use until i compared it to another apex just like we have. I took the steering stem loose and trimmed it with a grinder...turned a little better but still not like i think it should. One wheel might turn a little when the other has stopped if that make's any sense. Its kinda like a push or pull kinda thing

T@AFP
09-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Ok Todd give me a call tomorrow. I may be o our way up to the northern peninsular of Michigan fir the weekend but you should be able to catch me.

As far as the 4:1 off set that is what all our suspension is deigned for. ( bike bikes and minis) Besides narrowing the bike they make the bike handle alot better than a 3:2 off set.

The caster,toe and camber setting are very important on these little quads too.

We'll go through all this tomorrow.

Thanks.
Tom