PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane

JForestZ34
08-25-2011, 11:29 AM
I hope everyone is safe with the hurricane coming up the east coast.. I know they say the storm will go right over NJ..

THE END IS NEAR!!!!!!! LOL

Be safe everyone

JAmes

Kickstarts-suck
08-25-2011, 12:32 PM
I lucked out! Hope everyone else is as lucky as me.

MxRider52
08-25-2011, 12:53 PM
hahah its gonna be crazy im from NJ

HondaRacing83
08-25-2011, 12:58 PM
we had this storm that came down from like canada last night. it was intense. it was like 3 am and everytime there was a loud crack of thunder im like "oh ****!" my mom came in like every 10minutes to make sure a tree didnt come through my room lmfao

yellowzo3
08-25-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm from NJ as well and at first I paid no attention to the usual media hype, but it seems like this is going to be the real deal as far as hurricanes go around here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The worst part is that I can't even hang out and watch baseball or preseason ball if it rains because satellite TV goes out immediately in any decent rainstorm. :ermm:

HondaPohl
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Im in eastern PA brothers. Tuck your heads between your legs and kiss your azzes good by!!! I love storms as long as nobodys hurt or **** dosent get too screwed up. Good luck everyone!

selbygirl
08-25-2011, 03:32 PM
we live in delaware we are 5 miles from the ocean .oc maryland is making a manitory evact as of midnight tonight ... they just took all the foreign students that work here tax free to baltimore on our tax dollers, they said there is 4000. of them

Thumpin440ex
08-25-2011, 04:39 PM
I am rite on the Chesapeake Bay.. Thus far looks like this mutha is gona come rite up it.. Not looking foward to it at all.. Hell Isabel was just a tropical depression, we got hit good.. Looks as if this could hit us at a low cat 2.. Already have the sport fish tie up, the little boats up on trailers...

STAY SAFE GUYS

John

nelzar13
08-25-2011, 07:04 PM
get your chain saws ready boys we gots a storm a brewin! im gonna be stuck in a fire truck cutting trees that downed power lines all day

cletusEX
08-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Yep looking like it's gonna be a little nasty. I got 3 boats on the lower eastern shore I gotta prep Saturday morning.

CJM
08-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Im nott o worried, I live about an hourinland in NJ and so far all it does here is mildly flood.

selbygirl
08-25-2011, 09:34 PM
its getting crazy here most of the gas stations are going dry

fasterblaster09
08-26-2011, 01:44 PM
I know how it feels to have a big one coming..good luck everyone.

slightlybent47
08-26-2011, 03:21 PM
If you’re going to stay get your supplies early, expect to be out of electric services and other utilities as well. Be prepared to be self sufficient for at least a week.
If you live in low lying areas that may flood, be prepared to move out fast or leave now.
If you live in an area that has large trees that can fall on your house you may want to consider leaving.

Having been through many storms down here, I can tell you that you will see things you never thought possible.

Remember it’s not “that” the wind is blowing!
More importantly it’s “what” the wind is blowing!

Take care and good luck!

slightlybent47
08-26-2011, 03:29 PM
Oh! And carry cash, that will probably be the only way you can buy anything after the electricity goes out.

HondaRacing83
08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Oh! And carry cash, that will probably be the only way you can buy anything after the electricity goes out. sucks for the credit card debbies

Ruby Soho
08-26-2011, 04:09 PM
headed our way, should be interesting

yellowzo3
08-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by selbygirl
its getting crazy here most of the gas stations are going dry

I saw a lot of the gas stations packed on the way home from work. Fortunately I filled up at around 6am on my way in.

Battened down the hatches after work today and took care of all the yardwork. I guess that's all you can do. The rest of the neighborhood seems to be doing the same.

Anyone on here getting hit by this thing or has it not made landfall yet?

slightlybent47
08-26-2011, 05:06 PM
I just saw on the news a picture on an interstate hwy packed with cars heading out of town. Don’t know where it was but it reminds me of here when Rita was headed our way a few years ago.
I remember my mother wanted to leave so they packed up and left town. They ended up spending 26 hours on the road and they only got to Lufkin witch is only a 3 hour drive from here.
They spent so much time in traffic that the lens on her tail lights melted.lol

I hope you guys can do a better job then we did. It was crazy!

liex21
08-26-2011, 06:43 PM
This is going to be a great weekend:huh
atleast I live in the middle of the island, the worst part also is when this is expected to hit, high tide will be coming in.

Brauap
08-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I just saw on the news a picture on an interstate hwy packed with cars heading out of town. Don’t know where it was but it reminds me of here when Rita was headed our way a few years ago.
I remember my mother wanted to leave so they packed up and left town. They ended up spending 26 hours on the road and they only got to Lufkin witch is only a 3 hour drive from here.
They spent so much time in traffic that the lens on her tail lights melted.lol

I hope you guys can do a better job then we did. It was crazy!

That's when you take your dual-sport and ride 60 down the meadian. hahahah

slightlybent47
08-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Brauap
That's when you take your dual-sport and ride 60 down the meadian. hahahah

Haha! No way was I getting in all that mess. I sat here and watched it all unfold on TV.lol
Funny thing was it stayed to the east so that put us on the clean side and we didn’t even get any rain.
Everyone that evacuated had to do it all over again when they came back.
When Katrina hit 2 weeks before and did all that damage, everyone panicked and hauled *** when Rita came along.

There were more deaths from the evacuation then there was from the hurricane.
I think that’s when a buss full of signor citizens caught fire while sitting in traffic and burned to the ground. The roads were jammed and the fire truck couldn’t make it there.

It was crazy I tell ya.

nelzar13
08-26-2011, 08:27 PM
as much as i am not a fan of mudding, i think i may get out there monday and get nasty! should be mass amounts of muddyness after this thing hits....thats if im not exhausted form pumping basements and cutting trees

scottproquad
08-26-2011, 08:40 PM
Im a vol. fireman in southern md. We had a meeting this afternoon said it was going to be the worst thing ever to hit st marys county starting around lunch time sat. I guess we wait in see.

slightlybent47
08-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by scottproquad
Im a vol. fireman in southern md. We had a meeting this afternoon said it was going to be the worst thing ever to hit st marys county starting around lunch time sat. I guess we wait in see.

I have relatives living in Indian Head, Hughesville, La Plata and Port Tobacco.
So your close to them, take care of my peeps man!

selbygirl
08-27-2011, 01:26 PM
http://youtu.be/fMnAKZxo1qo man losses pants during huricane iren on youtube

exrider12
08-27-2011, 01:40 PM
How bad is this supposed to get in MA?

selbygirl
08-27-2011, 02:05 PM
im in delaware 5 miles from the ocean... and 5 miles from oc maryland .... rihgt now its just raining with a few gusts of wind aruond 30 mph .... it seems to be going inland more they seen a tornado about 20 to 30 miles norht of us ... its still in va but when it leaves va theres a big mas of water the mouth of the cheasapeak bay .. it may pick up spead when it hits the water the bay is around 60 degres the ocean was 78 i had some freinds surfing yesterday and they sed the water temp droped at least 15 degres .so thats a good thing it may slow it down more .. well my lights are flickeren take care tommy

honda400ex2003
08-27-2011, 02:07 PM
good luck everyone! be safe and come home safely.

steve