PDA

View Full Version : Any interest in a 250R Exriders Retreat?

stever250r
08-25-2011, 06:26 AM
Hey all, I am a member of several other Forums.. ."Hunting" etc. and each year the members have a retreat. It allows us the opportunity to meet one another face to face, and just have a good time, while hanging out camping, cooking, etc, while doing the activity that we all enjoy.

I was just curious if there might be any such interest here on this Forum. It would take some planning, and some time commitment, but if the interest was there, I believe the fun and rewards would be well worth it.

Chime in if you think you might be interested in something like this. What your ideas might be of places to go, and a time frame of when the retreat might take place. Spring time, Memorial Day Weekend....or Maybe Early Fall???

I am throwing this out there as an example. There is a place in West Virginia not far from my Fathers Farm called Burning Rock ATV Park / Campground. I would personally prefer an early fall get together. The foliage in the WV mountains can provide some really nice scenery this time of year and the weather is cooler. I just think it would be cool to flood this place with a bunch of 250R's. I also like the thought of being able to meet and socialize with other members of this forum. Again, I am just looking for interested parties, ideas, and opinions at this time..

If there is enought interest, I will take on the planning, and shoot for having the first East Coast 250R exriders retreat sometime in 2012?

Mods... I know this is not a technical / Mechanical thread, but wanted this to be aimed specifically at the members who frequent the 250R Forum...

Here is the link to Burning Rock ATV Park...
http://www.burningrockwv.com/

Grande Huevos
08-25-2011, 06:38 AM
Iv kinda always had somthing like this in the back of my head i think its a cool idea it would just be hard to do since the members are so widely spread across the u.s. But you never kno who might be up for a rd trip! I would like to get a bunch of Rs together at Little Saharra Oklahoma and throw some sand around! It would be a cool site and lots of fun.

89rwfo
08-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
Iv kinda always had somthing like this in the back of my head i think its a cool idea it would just be hard to do since the members are so widely spread across the u.s. But you never kno who might be up for a rd trip! I would like to get a bunch of Rs together at Little Saharra Oklahoma and throw some sand around! It would be a cool site and lots of fun.

Hey Grand Huevos bunch of us are going to lil sarah from other site. on Oct-6-9 check it out.

troybilt
08-25-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by stever250r
Hey all, I am a member of several other Forums.. ."Hunting" etc. and each year the members have a retreat. It allows us the opportunity to meet one another face to face, and just have a good time, while hanging out camping, cooking, etc, while doing the activity that we all enjoy.

I was just curious if there might be any such interest here on this Forum. It would take some planning, and some time commitment, but if the interest was there, I believe the fun and rewards would be well worth it.

Chime in if you think you might be interested in something like this. What your ideas might be of places to go, and a time frame of when the retreat might take place. Spring time, Memorial Day Weekend....or Maybe Early Fall???

I am throwing this out there as an example. There is a place in West Virginia not far from my Fathers Farm called Burning Rock ATV Park / Campground. I would personally prefer an early fall get together. The foliage in the WV mountains can provide some really nice scenery this time of year and the weather is cooler. I just think it would be cool to flood this place with a bunch of 250R's. I also like the thought of being able to meet and socialize with other members of this forum. Again, I am just looking for interested parties, ideas, and opinions at this time..

If there is enought interest, I will take on the planning, and shoot for having the first East Coast 250R exriders retreat sometime in 2012?

Mods... I know this is not a technical / Mechanical thread, but wanted this to be aimed specifically at the members who frequent the 250R Forum...

Here is the link to Burning Rock ATV Park...
http://www.burningrockwv.com/

Steve, are you on the other "250r" site? We are planning a big hoorah at Little Sahara State Park in Oklahoma. I think there is goign to be 30+ 250r's there. You should check it out there is members coming from Tennesee, Mississippi, etc... so Kentucky's not too far!! :D haha

Honda 250r 001
08-25-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by troybilt
Steve, are you on the other "250r" site? We are planning a big hoorah at Little Sahara State Park in Oklahoma. I think there is goign to be 30+ 250r's there. You should check it out there is members coming from Tennesee, Mississippi, etc... so Kentucky's not too far!! :D haha

When are you guys planing this?? Have you decided on a date yet?

troybilt
08-25-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
When are you guys planing this?? Have you decided on a date yet?

Oct 6-9th, there is a several page thread over on the other site... its going to be a good group, we went last June as well, we had about 12 members in that group that all went.

wilkin250r
08-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Sorry guys, I'm out. It sounds like a ton of fun, but I'm coming from California, it's just a little out of my reach.

Honda5
08-25-2011, 11:03 AM
I could do Wv. I have a couple 250Rs that need the cobwebs knocked off.

BULLET99Z28
08-25-2011, 05:13 PM
That sounds like a blast, that time of year is really pretty up here in eastern Iowa as well. Unfortunately I can't make it, I'm taking the R down to Dallas/ Ft Worth for 10 days from oct 28 - Nov 7th. I've already contacted a guy on the other site from DFW and we are gonna meet up if any Texans wanna ride. It might just be the maiden voyage for my bike!

hontrx265r
08-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I wanted to make that Oklahoma trip but I think its going to be a long shot.. I'd be interested in doing this another time though. The guys on 3 whl world do it each year, pretty cool deal. I'm partial to Glamis, and I'm sure wilkin will agree. Not only because i live close, but because I'm from the mid west. Even if you come for a week, you will not run out of new places to ride. There simply is no comparison, California dunes rock!

Grande Huevos
08-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 89rwfo
Hey Grand Huevos bunch of us are going to lil sarah from other site. on Oct-6-9 check it out. hell yeah man I will see you there then! I kno some guys from this site are planning on going that same weekend as Troy stated and i will be there as well. Its going to be awesome I love seeing some Nice 250Rs rolling around!! CANT WAIT!!

wilkin250r
08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
There simply is no comparison, California dunes rock!

The only thing that even comes close is St. Anthony.

troybilt
08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by hontrx265r
I wanted to make that Oklahoma trip but I think its going to be a long shot.. I'd be interested in doing this another time though. The guys on 3 whl world do it each year, pretty cool deal. I'm partial to Glamis, and I'm sure wilkin will agree. Not only because i live close, but because I'm from the mid west. Even if you come for a week, you will not run out of new places to ride. There simply is no comparison, California dunes rock!

You need to make this trip I want to see that CRF roll!!! There is a bunch coming from bansheehq and planet sand that weekend too its going to be a riot!!

stever250r
08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by troybilt

I am on the other site, but I dont really spend much time there... The Little Sahara Trip sounds like great fun, but it would be quite a stretch for me to make it there.

atvmxr
08-26-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by BULLET99Z28
That sounds like a blast, that time of year is really pretty up here in eastern Iowa as well. Unfortunately I can't make it, I'm taking the R down to Dallas/ Ft Worth for 10 days from oct 28 - Nov 7th. I've already contacted a guy on the other site from DFW and we are gonna meet up if any Texans wanna ride. It might just be the maiden voyage for my bike!

Where are you ridding at in TX?! I cant imagine any where around here that will keep you intertained for 10 days.

As for the Glamis vs LS debate, I have ridden both as well as 3-4 other dune spots. Glamis is awesome, but LS is a rock solid place to spend an extended weekend. I spent a week in Glamis and because of the shear size of it, I almost didnt enjoy it as much. I had an idea of where I wanted to go back to but usually it took a couple rides to find it again. I recall being completely lost on nearly every ride I went on and never really felt comfortable riding at night.

LS on the otherhand has plenty of room and lots of variety so you get a good balance of being able to usually find the cool spots you want to check out, but still find new stuff and get lost for oh maybe 20-30 minutes and then you turn a corner and figure out where you are after spending 2-3 days there.

well thats my opinion anyway :)

troybilt
08-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I dream about going to Glamis someday, I'd also love to spend some time near St. George I was up there for work and those trails around that area looked awesome. Its on the short list of places I want to go ride.

BULLET99Z28
08-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr
Where are you ridding at in TX?! I cant imagine any where around here that will keep you intertained for 10 days.

As for the Glamis vs LS debate, I have ridden both as well as 3-4 other dune spots. Glamis is awesome, but LS is a rock solid place to spend an extended weekend. I spent a week in Glamis and because of the shear size of it, I almost didnt enjoy it as much. I had an idea of where I wanted to go back to but usually it took a couple rides to find it again. I recall being completely lost on nearly every ride I went on and never really felt comfortable riding at night.

LS on the otherhand has plenty of room and lots of variety so you get a good balance of being able to usually find the cool spots you want to check out, but still find new stuff and get lost for oh maybe 20-30 minutes and then you turn a corner and figure out where you are after spending 2-3 days there.

well thats my opinion anyway :)

Well, i have a big halloween bash the friday before halloween, so that will be like a 2/3 day party mixed w watching football, gonna visit friends, do some riding, and go to the Nascar race the following weekend, so I'll have plenty to keep busy.

atvmxr
08-27-2011, 05:36 PM
I wasn't trying to bash Tx , I live here ya know. ;)

I was curious where you were riding. Always looking for new places, maybe could meet up for a ride.... :)

HAYESTRX250R
08-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I have been wanting to ride WV for some time.

265 sleeper
08-28-2011, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by BULLET99Z28
That sounds like a blast, that time of year is really pretty up here in eastern Iowa as well. Unfortunately I can't make it, I'm taking the R down to Dallas/ Ft Worth for 10 days from oct 28 - Nov 7th. I've already contacted a guy on the other site from DFW and we are gonna meet up if any Texans wanna ride. It might just be the maiden voyage for my bike! that's cool I just moved here where yall going ride woods or do they have sand in this area . I still need to get a carb and coil since the ones I had were borrowed and get my bike to dfw .