PDA

View Full Version : Need some opinions

gncc025
08-24-2011, 11:54 PM
I bought a 2004 gt a few months ago and have been thinking about putting on some black bullit wheels and taking my chrome ones off. Here is my car as it is right now....my cars torch red btw. it looks kinda orange in this pic

gncc025
08-24-2011, 11:56 PM
black wheel

slightlybent47
08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Trust me when I say that there will come a day when you’ll wish you had all the money you wasted on stuff you didn’t need.
The car gets you where you need to go and it looks fine the way it is.
Every dime you put in that or any car is lost money and you will never get it back.
Be thankful you have a car at all. jmo

XCRacer236
08-25-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Trust me when I say that there will come a day when you’ll wish you had all the money you wasted on stuff you didn’t need.
The car gets you where you need to go and it looks fine the way it is.
Every dime you put in that or any car is lost money and you will never get it back.
Be thankful you have a car at all. jmo

That's part of being young and having money, blowing it on stupid stuff! :devil:

Go for it...

slightlybent47
08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by XCRacer236
That's part of being young and having money, blowing it on stupid stuff! :devil:

Go for it...

That’s true but I only wish I had listened to that advice when I was young. I sat down one day and listed some of the things I wasted money on when I was young and I was surprised at how much it added up to. I could be retired and in good financial shape if I had just listened.

Even the small stuff adds up. If you spend an extra 100 dollars a week on stuff like, sodas, chips, and snacks at the covenant store.
100 a week times 52 weeks = 5200.00 a year, Times 40 years =$208000.00

My wasteful spending put me over $500,000.00 in the hole so far for things I didn’t need.

Just sayin!!! Think about it.

Tommy Warren
08-25-2011, 11:06 AM
That’s true but I only wish I had listened to that advice when I was young. I sat down one day and listed some of the things I wasted money on when I was young and I was surprised at how much it added up to. I could be retired and in good financial shape if I had just listened.

Even the small stuff adds up. If you spend an extra 100 dollars a week on stuff like, sodas, chips, and snacks at the covenant store.
100 a week times 52 weeks = 5200.00 a year, Times 40 years =$208000.00

My wasteful spending put me over $500,000.00 in the hole so far for things I didn’t need.

Just sayin!!! Think about it.

your hald a million dollars in the hole because of snacks and sode? you gotta lay off the weed man

chronicsmoke
08-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
your hald a million dollars in the hole because of snacks and sode? you gotta lay off the weed man

hahahaha, anyone wanna go to the store? :bandit:

slightlybent47
08-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren

Try spell check before you post a comment.
So where did I say I spent ½ million on soda?

HondaRacing83
08-25-2011, 12:54 PM
hahaha bent, your talking to younger kids that dont care what you say. you may be financially ahead if you do that but your gonna live a boring life, to be old and wise you must first be young and dumb. could i have not payed 2500 for a 400ex and put it in a savings? yeah. what fun would that be though. gncc, get the black wheels. they will look badass.

coryatver
08-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I like the chrome wheels!

slightlybent47
08-25-2011, 01:59 PM
I’m not saying to be a scrooge and have no fun. But spending money on something you already have is not the smartest thing to do. If you’re going to spend money, spend it on something else instead. Take a girl out on a date, buy your mom or dad something instead of spending it on yourself.

ben300
08-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Take a girl out on a date,

i dont know how they raise you you guys down there in texas...

BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST WASTES OF MONEY EVER!

i've seen so many dudes waste donald trump money on girls, only to get nothing for it...

HondaRacing83
08-25-2011, 02:22 PM
im gonna spend enough money on my parents when i pay to put them in a home

slightlybent47
08-25-2011, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by ben300
i dont know how they raise you you guys down there in texas...

BUT THIS IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST WASTES OF MONEY EVER!

i've seen so many dudes waste donald trump money on girls, only to get nothing for it...

Taking a girl out on a date should be fun for the both of you. You both enjoy the dinner, you both enjoyed the movie, and you should have enjoyed each others company. If not move on and fine a better girl.
If you’re looking for more then that out of a date then you’re dating for the wrong reasons. You’d be better off finding a hooker!

That kinda makes my point, you have other things you need more then new wheels.
Your friends are not going to look at you any differently because of your wheels. If they do then you need new friends not new wheels.

HondaPohl
08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Black rims man.

fastredrider44
08-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd leave it the way it is. If you did go black, get your current wheels powdered and you won't be out as much money,

HondaRacing83
08-25-2011, 05:41 PM
ya get your current wheels powdered, but do it ALL black, dont leave the ring around the outside

gncc025
08-25-2011, 06:51 PM
ok first i'm probably not as young as you think, i'm 24. yea its young but i have a little sense :D

I think im pretty good with money but im not going to be a tight *** with money the rest of my life. I'm going to enjoy it responsibly. i watched my grandfather work in a factory 40 somehting years and save gobs of money. Unfortunately he died at 65 (1 year after he retired) with cancer and didn't get to enjoy a cent of it. Lifes short so im going to enjoy it while i can.

alright back to the topic:ermm:

looks like i may be going with the black right now. does anyone now how much it would be to get them powdercoated?? I think i can get about a 120 a piece out of mine if i wanted from a guy at work. their like new

Tommy Warren
08-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
I'd leave it the way it is. If you did go black, get your current wheels powdered and you won't be out as much money,

every time you powdercoat chrome god kills a kitten

quad2xtreme
08-26-2011, 12:29 PM
My honest opinion on the wheels is to leave them as is and find a better outlet for spending your dough unless you find a buyer for the current wheels so it is a much smaller delta. The cost to fully replace what you have is too high a price for the very marginal improvement in the looks of the car...if it improves it at all.

Honda5
08-26-2011, 01:27 PM
Holy Crap! That's why there is all those dead kittens in my yard. I blamed it on my dog. We Powdre over alot of chrome and polished. Just look at all the different choices of black and you can always add gloss killer. Should cost you between $200 and $250.