PDA

View Full Version : progression

HondaRacing83
08-23-2011, 10:09 PM
i feel like sharing my skill progression. a few years ago, when i had my 250ex, my dad would race through the trails, he had his grizzly. i was trying my best, slamming through gears and he still would kick my ***. and hes on a ute. i got my raptor, i got a bit better, i was a bit better with a more advanced quad but he would still kill me. i got my 400ex, and ride trails like a lot, well today me and him went at it again and he cant touch me. like not even close. i was pretty stoked on that, im just so much faster and quicker and smooter through the trails. god i wish i could go to the track more though ):

finsteratv
08-23-2011, 11:07 PM
iknow what you mean man, im about as fast as my dad USE TO BE :D haha he still shoots dunes pretty effin good for a 50 yr old dude on my moms 400ex hahah he loves my 450.

Pappy
08-24-2011, 05:10 AM
I just take Cody out in a corner.......old and wise LOL!:D

mx Eli
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
^^^ hahah gota watch out for those old guys!

While on the topic I'll share my progression since not many people know me on here

At about 5 I rode a bayou 220, then at around 7-8ish my brother stopped riding so i got his warrior 350. after that we sold both those and I got a 400ex and my pops got a raptor 700. Then at the age of 12 I wanted a 450, I worked and sold my mini bike to buy a 450r. the next year I wanted to start mx racing so i sold the 450r to my dad and at 14 bought a national ready 07 450r. (yes I worked all year for the money difference, bought and sold a snowmobile for profit). This spring I was putting lots of hours on an expensive quad so I bought my 06 450r for a practice quad

thats where i am now. I want a hybrid tho :devil: :D

Lets have the younger guys on here share there story

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
hahaha, my dad has had just about every quad in the book up until 03ish. he got out of riding when 450's came on the scene. ive been trying to talk him into getting a sport quad to ride with me more. my next quad will deff be a 450r to experiment with mx and xc. anymore just riding trails is boring for me unless im going about 50. hahah

finsteratv
08-24-2011, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
hahaha, my dad has had just about every quad in the book up until 03ish. he got out of riding when 450's came on the scene. ive been trying to talk him into getting a sport quad to ride with me more. my next quad will deff be a 450r to experiment with mx and xc. anymore just riding trails is boring for me unless im going about 50. hahah
thats why i started building my trails with berms and jumps, gets sketchy at times :D

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by finsteratv
thats why i started building my trails with berms and jumps, gets sketchy at times :D I know, me and a few of my buddies have good spots planned out and stuff. in my field i do have 2 berms a big double and a big table. bad news is the only people i ride with is my 2 buddies( one has a 250ex other has a yz250f) and my dad. i just wish i had more people to ride with. my friend with the yz is selling it to get a 400ex or raptor. hes a good rider, on my 400 and his bike. the kid on the 250ex isnt exactly the best rider or smartest with machines so i try to teach him all i can. my other buddy just sold his dirtbike to get new hockey pads, so theres one less to ride with. i recently started talking to my cousins again after a family feud, the one has a blaster and other is getting a 400ex. so hopefully they stick with it

blaster12s
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
i started on a lt80 strated racing that. broke it in half, then got a blaster did pretty well racing, moved up to a 450 did great for a while then went to school and its like i forgot how to ride, starting all over again.

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 02:02 PM
i started out on polaris scrambler 50 when i was 3. rode it for like 7 years then got one of those POS chinese things, then a bayou, then my 250ex, then my raptor, now my 400

ZBlaster
08-24-2011, 02:25 PM
The older I get, the faster I was.

Back in 06-07 I could win regional Pro class XC races, took 08 off, in 09 I was 2nd in regional A class points, won a regional winter series Pro class in 09, hurt my knee at the last of the winter races and it haunted me all of 2010 till I broke my wrist. Haven't raced since, haven't rode since July 2010.

finsteratv
08-24-2011, 02:27 PM
i ride with my family my neighbor my neighbors dad my ex gf my ex gf's dad and family my moms friends son (MX) my dads friends in the dunes and on and on haha i know quite a few people but dont ride as much as i'd like..my mom actually takes me out if i want during the summer to rip trails haha

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 02:37 PM
i ride with my family my neighbor my neighbors dad my ex gf my ex gf's dad and family my moms friends son (MX) my dads friends in the dunes and on and on haha i know quite a few people but dont ride as much as i'd like..my mom actually takes me out if i want during the summer to rip trails haha your mom sounds hella cool. my mom only gets on the grizzly to put the tank on and water her flowers. i ride by myself alot. yesterday i was out riding and my dad was mowing, my mom was messing with her pumpkins. dad told her to go find me and ride with me. shes like no. so he made her mow and he came back riding with me. we went back to our ravine and parked in the practically dried up creek and talked about quads then raced back to our one hidden field, i blew him away. hahahaha. i sat there and waited, then we rode back to the house where dinner was waiting. good night :D

finsteratv
08-24-2011, 04:30 PM
yeah she is pretty awesome haha, she even use to race BMX way back. now she rides around on her 400 and she isnt super fast but a great photographer for us and keeps up in the dunes!
and dang..reminds me of camping trips on our property hah but usually i ride alone so that teaches me to not crash :p

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 05:01 PM
yeah she is pretty awesome haha, she even use to race BMX way back. now she rides around on her 400 and she isnt super fast but a great photographer for us and keeps up in the dunes!
and dang..reminds me of camping trips on our property hah but usually i ride alone so that teaches me to not crash :p my dad has quite a history behind him with things with motors that for sure. i hope to go to the dunes sometime soon, never been there

BoneStockHonda
08-26-2011, 09:59 PM

theduke300
08-26-2011, 10:15 PM
i got 2 friends with 400ex's and 2 with yz's. but none of us have our licenses so were kinda screwed cus my older bro is 16 an wont take me nowhere. my dads allways workin anymore an mom couldnt ride a quad if her life depened on it,an i get kinda tired of ridin by myself...