PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run

motofreak2772
08-23-2011, 09:56 PM
So I was backing out of a walmart parking spot and just as I put it into drive some woman backed into me. I wasn't sure what to do so I pulled back into my spot and parked. She then backed out and drove off, slowly haha. I got her license plate number and saw that she destroyed the rear end of her car. I got out and looked at my damage, and was surprised to find nothing wrong with my car at all. I contemplated calling the police but I had to go to class and since I didn't have any damage just let it go. But that was my first accident and hopefully my last! I just felt like sharing lol.

SpasticR450
08-23-2011, 10:15 PM
You forgot to call the cops and say OUCH MY NECK! lol

chronicsmoke
08-24-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by SpasticR450
You forgot to call the cops and say OUCH MY NECK! lol

Brand Spankin' new 450 for settlement :D

Honda#4
08-24-2011, 06:18 AM
I had the same issue except that the women bumped me in the front at a double lane intersection and caused a few scratches and a chip outta my bumper, funny thing is we were on our way to walmart and we got her plate also and speak of the devil a cop was at the walmart parking lot so we just told him the story.

Needless to say they found her and she paid me for a new bumper at 600 bucks, but to make a long story short it would have been a good idea to call the cops to have it reported no matter how bad the damage.

slightlybent47
08-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by Honda#4

Needless to say they found her and she paid me for a new bumper at 600 bucks, but to make a long story short it would have been a good idea to call the cops to have it reported no matter how bad the damage.

Yep! Always call and make a report to the police. She may call herself and clam you hit her and sue you. You are allowed 24 hours to make a report so you didn’t have to miss you class. Always cover your *** and do what you need to do. That’s part of being a responsible adult; you have to make time to take care of business.

KXRida
08-25-2011, 09:13 AM
Someone did that to my f350 I used to have. Needless to say, I keep my trailer hitch on at all times now. Acts as a good buffer to save my rear bumper in parking lots and lets people know when they get too close with a nice hole in their bumper.

I had a hit and run a few weeks ago. As the story goes, I was in my mustang and just left my girlfriends house. Was on the next block with parked cars on both sides of the street. Green beat *** cavalier turns up from a side street heading damn near head on with me. General common courtesy is if there is an opening in the parked cars move over and let the opposing vehicle through to make room. He had a few open spots on his side of the street where as I had nothing. As he is still coming at me I had no where to go and tried to angle my car away from him the best I could. Well the mirrors met in the middle. I stopped and was waiting for him to stop as well. Just as I get out of my car I realize he never stops. Ended up being able to circle around the two blocks (hitting about mach III in the process) and blocking him off at the end of the block. The damage was very very minimal resulting in just a scratch. At the time of the accident I wasn't that upset, but the hit and run upset me the most. I wanted to exchange insurance information and do it right in the fact that if something was damaged on my mirror or the glass ended up falling out. As I get out of my car the other driver is some near toothless douche running his mouth about how I have a nice car and can't move over or some BS story. Needless to say I absolutely lost it and thankfully he stayed in his car or I would've probably killed him in the street. Called the cops to report the accident. Ended up he didn't have insurance in the first place. Go figure. Also found out the reason why he doesn't have insurance... 3 DUI's. Why can't somebody in an escalade or something hit me and settle with a nice check lol. Not that I hold it against him, but he had a smashed up 94 cavalier beat to hell and back. Guess you can't have anything nice anymore.

HondaPohl
08-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Def report it like bend said. Never know what could happen. Walmart lots should have cameras too.

Pipeless416
08-25-2011, 09:18 PM
if your front bumper is anything but metal you'll definitely start to have spiderweb cracking at some point.. :(

Thumpin440ex
08-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Well atleast your car didn't get messed up.. That happened to my mom, where else but wally world.. Ripped the front molding off her caddi.. Person that did it was nice enough to leave a note ''SORRY I HIT YOUR CAR'' yah that was it no info or anything WTF...

John