PDA

View Full Version : What a joke

Stickman400
08-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, as some of you may know I bent my axle alittle over a month ago. I shipped it off to California to Durablue about a week into July and it got out there in a week. Then they had to ship it off to another place to get it straightened (because they don't do it in house), which took about 4 weeks :eek: to get it back to the Durablue warehouse. Then they shipped it back to me which took about week to get back to me. Well I just put it back in earlier and went for a ride and the ****er is still bent just like it was when I shipped it off. What a ****ing joke. Durablue has got to be the biggest joke ever. The cusomer service (which was the same guy everytime I called) is useless aswell. It cost me $60 for shipping both ways. I might awell have thrown my money into the toilet and never sent the thing off. I guess I'll be getting an RPM Dominator II sometime in the future.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this story for anyone who wants to get an axle. Dont buy Durablue, they are strong, but if you bend it, it is pretty much ruined.

HondaRacing83
08-23-2011, 08:59 PM
cough cough g-force lifetime warranty, you dont hear about the 400 axles breaking. why not even try it, its cheap, good and lifetime warranty, if it snaps or is ****ty get another sell it and get your rpm or lsr

Zeb400EX
08-23-2011, 11:42 PM
i highly recommend lonestar. there customer service is Awesome! i've called them about my axle and other products and they have been more than helpful. always nice about it too. but i've also have call up rpm a few too and have had the same great customer service. i've never understood how companies can stay in business without it.

chronicsmoke
08-24-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by HondaRacing83
cough cough g-force lifetime warranty, you dont hear about the 400 axles breaking. why not even try it, its cheap, good and lifetime warranty, if it snaps or is ****ty get another sell it and get your rpm or lsr

As a trail rider yeah.

I was saying the same thing in the spring when I bought one for my 450r. I bent it last month. I guess we see what their warrenty is like when I exchange it this fall after the season is over.

It's still ridable, But it SHOULD have held up to the 30-45' tables/doubles I was hitting at our practice track.

I'm dissapointed, but they seemed too good to be true.

Zeb400EX
08-24-2011, 07:48 AM
I got a buddy with a 450r that raced mx with a g-force axle. It was fine until it snapped clean right up by the sprocket hub.

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 10:10 AM
i eat my words.

chronicsmoke
08-24-2011, 10:42 AM
i eat my words.

Don't get me wrong, they are a great option for the guy that rides around the farm, hits a few jumps and trail rides. But for the guys that are more agressive, it wont hold up to the abuse.

If you don't race MX, you should be good.. I've defended G-Force until I bent mine so 'easily'.

Stickman400
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Yea, my friend had a G-force on his 450R and he bent it on a 30 foot double while we were just messing around on my little practice track at my house.

400exrip
08-24-2011, 11:48 AM
I have had my G-Force for 2 years now and is holding up great, but I race TT so it's just going fast and powersliding and the jumps you do hit are just small tabletops most of the time.

If you race MX i would get a Lonestar or a RPM Dominator

smelly$cat
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
I bent my Lonestar. Quad landed right on it's butt (grab bar on the ground) with 4-5 feet of air. They straightened it for me for free. Just had to ship it to them. They shipped it back to me. I wasn't even the original purchaser of the axle. Pretty quick turnaround if I recall. Was a couple years ago.

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Don't get me wrong, they are a great option for the guy that rides around the farm, hits a few jumps and trail rides. But for the guys that are more agressive, it wont hold up to the abuse.

If you don't race MX, you should be good.. I've defended G-Force until I bent mine so 'easily'. yeah, im still running stock travel now. which sucks, my next purchase is an axle though. then arms, then suspension. if i even keep the 400 that long or ditch for a 450. but im REALLY aggressive in the trails. and my trails are pretty rough. i think i might try g-force till i break it, get it replaced, sell it. im not even gonna mess around with durablue or lsr. ill go straight for rpm, durablue ive never been a fan of and lsr rusts. i seriously plan to get more into mx and freestyle. ive always wanted to and i have so much field to build jumps and berms and wwhoops and set up a freestyle ramp, foam pits are expanisve :/

chronicsmoke
08-24-2011, 01:14 PM
foam pits are expanisve :/

Just land it to dirt the first time! :D

HondaRacing83
08-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Just land it to dirt the first time! :D hahahaha if only!

Stickman400
08-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Here's a video I shot using my phone. It isn't using anything fancy, just a bottle jack sitting underneath it, but you can see how far outta straight it is.
http://youtu.be/X-1MtfiEtlc

400exrip
08-24-2011, 02:18 PM
Oh yeah that thing is pretty bent. if you go down the road full throttle you will really be able to tell. just better be ready to hold on though! haha lol

Stickman400
08-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Actually it isn't really that bad at full throttle, but at cruising speed in 2nd or 3rd gear at 20-30 mph, it's like I'm riding a horse. Kind of annoying.

trailrider894
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Well i put a season of high flyin MX on my g-force and haven't had any issues yet??? I cleared some 80ft table tops and a few 60-70ft Step-Down/ doubles....

chronicsmoke
08-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by trailrider894
Well i put a season of high flyin MX on my g-force and haven't had any issues yet??? I cleared some 80ft table tops and a few 60-70ft Step-Down/ doubles....

YET, lol

I defended them until I bent mine. It's only a matter of time if you're racing MX. I'll see if #2 yeilds better results next year.. too late in the season to swap it now and wait a month for it

trailrider894
08-26-2011, 09:59 AM
YET, lol

I defended them until I bent mine. It's only a matter of time if you're racing MX. I'll see if #2 yeilds better results next year.. too late in the season to swap it now and wait a month for it

exactly,but i've seen people bend and snap nearly every brand of axles out there, so its just a matter of time with any brand...

chronicsmoke
08-26-2011, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by trailrider894
exactly,but i've seen people bend and snap nearly every brand of axles out there, so its just a matter of time with any brand...

Same, but the RPM seems to be the cats-meow.

Less people seem bend those than any other..

HondaRacing83
08-26-2011, 11:07 AM
im waiting for houser and walsh and burgard to come out with axles.

250x_kyle
08-26-2011, 08:15 PM
im waiting for houser and walsh and burgard to come out with axles.

axle building is an expensive process between the machines and heat treating. not saying they dont have the money to do it, its just costs alot of money to start out. and honestly if burguard made an axle it would take you about 4 months to get it and if you bent it they would probably tell you to shove it. ive had to bad experiences with burguard and will never let them see a penny of my money again.