PDA

View Full Version : Dealer damaged my 6 mo old truck, help?

chucked
08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Took my 2011 f-150 into have some service updates done. Went to pick it up today and I found 2 large scrapes, one on the rear drivers side door and one on the front bumper on the drivers side. Immediately the service manager denies it , implying it was already there, then I point out to him that the flakes of paint are still stuck to the door and can be brushed off by hand. Last night we had a few inches of rain, no way would that not have washed them off. So he agrees to fix the door, but not the bumper, he thinks it was already there. I called my insurance while I was there, they said to call the police. I called one, he showed up and said there's nothing they (the police) can do, I would have to go to small claims court and sue. I bought it in February brand new, it has 8,800 miles on it and is in perfect shape besides those 2 problems. I wash it at least once a week and I have waxed it at least 4 times since I bought it. I'm just looking for any ideas as to what I can do. The service manager has been a complete *******, I have never been so furious in my whole life, he puts words into my mouth and his logic makes no sense.

I might add, the bumper scrape, which they are not going to repair, is down to the metal. It has no rust right now....

johnnyquad17
08-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Sorry to hear that. I would go above his sorry *** untill you get something done. Best of luck!

JForestZ34
08-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Most dealerships when you bring your car in for service they make you sign a paper that one of the check in guys fill out with the damage that is on your car or truck.. They won't work on it unless you sign this paper.. If you didn't sign this paper you probably will have a hard time. I would go over his head and call someone in ford corporate and see if they can help...

James

chucked
08-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Unfortunately I never did anything where they went over the truck previously.

HondaPohl
08-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Like J0hnny said go above him. You raise enough of a stink they will fix.

Kickstarts-suck
08-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Wow sorry to hear about that. Id be pissed too! Like already said go over him.

Hope you get everything fixed and you enjoy that 2011 :)

ProspectorJim
08-22-2011, 09:37 PM
Please tell me you took pictures of the damage right after you found the damage.
It will help dramatically in court.

chucked
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Of course not, the problem was I was so upset, my anxiety felt like it was about to give me a heart attack, I wasn't thinking clearly. That's the first thing I thought of once I pulled back in my driveway, forgot to take pics....

chucked
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
made a few calls this morning, worked my way up a few people, finally got a hold of, I think his title was, the regional service rep. Im getting everything properly repaired...

KXRida
08-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Call corporate ford right away. I had quite a few service issues before and ended up dealing with corporate to get them resolved. Don't take no for an answer.

chucked
08-25-2011, 09:04 AM
I did

coryatver
08-25-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by chucked
made a few calls this morning, worked my way up a few people, finally got a hold of, I think his title was, the regional service rep. Im getting everything properly repaired...

that is good to hear! Make sure you tell every one you know about your experience with that dealer! Can't believe they wouldn't take care of it right away.