PDA

View Full Version : cheeta banshee question

250rrr
08-22-2011, 12:29 PM
guys ....just bought a banshee and the guy i got it from didn;t know what engine it had in it ....he bought it that way ...it's a cheetah engine with stage 5 pipes....the numbers up by the plugs appear to be 85.5 19 10
can anyone tell me what they stand for? i assume its the 421 kit but not sure ...
what fuel and mix should i be runnning ?? thanks!!!

HondaPohl
08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Need more info. Whats the timing set at and what size domes are you running. If its a 421 its most likely a cub motor. Is it stroked? IF your running real high compression your gonna have to run race fuel. Not to steer you away from the forum but u might wanna try a banshee related forum. Not many Banshee guys here. Try BansheeHQ.com. PM me with any other questions. Ill try and help you the best that I can.

250rrr
08-23-2011, 06:25 AM
i dont know anything about the internals ....i just see the markings on the head....not sure how to decipher them ....
thanks,mike

HondaPohl
08-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Do you know that kind of head it is? Is it a cool head or another brand with removable domes? Dont think those numbers are going to tell you anything about the motor.

kodie
08-24-2011, 06:10 AM
First off to tell if it is stock cylinders or an aftermarket is to see how it is made. If it is 2 separate cylinders then they are stock cylinders that could be ported and bored. If it is a single piece (mono block) then they are aftermarket. There are numerous sets of aftermarket cylinders cheetah's, cubs, servals, t rex', ect...

How to tell which is which I'm not 100% sure. I know that one comes with powervalves which I doubt you have the power valves.

To find out your exact displacement you will need to take the head off and check the bore size and stroke size.

As for the fuel mix. Take a compression test to see if you need race fuel. I don't like to go over 150 psi each cylinder on pump gas (93). Anything over 150 I would run race fuel. I have heard you can go to 160 psi before race fuel. But I have had detonation problems in the past. And wouldn't like to go through that problem again.

And I run 40:1 get you a ration rite or other pre mixing measuring device.

Get some pictures up that will help out some.