PDA

View Full Version : water pump seal

250rice
08-21-2011, 11:40 AM
i changed a meck seal oil seal i ot it all in but when i stated it the hole on the bottom still leaked when you give it the gas the only thing iam not sure about is the seal that goes right behind the impeller one side is rubber the other is hard something looks like plastic witch way should it go right now the rubber side is aganist the impeller and the hard side is aganist the meck seal is this right or is it backwords if it is right is it good to put a walsher inbetween the imppeler and the hard seal to put more pressure on the meck seal

Honda 250r 001
08-21-2011, 11:46 AM
For the sake of reading. Please use periods man. I cant even understand what your trying to say here. Maybe someone else can translate for us.

Motofool250r
08-21-2011, 12:05 PM
i dont know what language hes speaking but put down the crack pipe before you type bro.

if you need to know the order of how it goes together i suggest you start with an OEM parts lookup to see how it is disassembled.

DnB_racing
08-21-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by 250rice
I changed a mech seal oil seal and i got it all in.

But when i stated it, the hole on the bottom still leaked when I gave it the gas.

The only thing i am not sure about is,
the seal that goes right behind the impeller.

One side is rubber the other is hard, something plastic looking which way should it go?

Right now the rubber side is against the impeller, and the hard side is against the mech seal.

Is this right or is it backwards?
If it is right, is it good to put a washer in between the impeller and the hard seal?

The reason I ask is to put more pressure on the mech seal?
I cant answer his questions, but now that its in English maybe you guys can give him a break and help him ..lol:devil:

KSRRider
08-22-2011, 07:00 AM
They guy is looking for help with his R, not a lecture in grammar.

Here is a parts breakdown for the water pump if you don't have one already: http://www.hondapartshouse.com/honda-parts.aspx?aribrand=HOM#/Honda/TRX250R_A_

A honda service manual is very nice to have or at least a clymer. If I remember correctly the rubber side of that seal should face towards the engine and the plastic part faces outwards. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Motofool250r
08-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by KSRRider
They guy is looking for help with his R, not a lecture in grammar.

Here is a parts breakdown for the water pump if you don't have one already: http://www.hondapartshouse.com/honda-parts.aspx?aribrand=HOM#/Honda/TRX250R_A_

A honda service manual is very nice to have or at least a clymer. If I remember correctly the rubber side of that seal should face towards the engine and the plastic part faces outwards. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

service manual link
http://www.mediafire.com/?kedw7x1dzmc83bl

250rice
08-22-2011, 07:58 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................is that enough. ok i should be fine now no more crack. and i do have a clymer but it does not say how it goes. it only has the order they go in. and what this mediafire link it it the manual.

Motofool250r
08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
mediafire link is a honda service manual in pdf form.

i dont know which direction the mech seal goes, but im sure if you call one of the 250r builders they could tell you in 5 secs which way it goes.

250rice
08-23-2011, 07:23 PM
hey i thought you guy knew everything about the old r .

KSRRider
08-23-2011, 07:50 PM
hey i thought you guy knew everything about the old r .

WTF dude, you seem to care more about flamming everyone on than finding a solution to your water pump problem! I'm about 99 percent sure that the plastic part faces out and the rubber part faces in towards the engine... like I said in my previous post.

250rice
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM
no not you just the people that call people crack heads because i did not use ....... and spell cheaker . ksrrider your the only one that gave me a real ansewer not just name calling and links to websites dont get me wrong links are sometimes good but i can do without the crack head remarks. iam going to turn it around this weakend to see if it works.i also seen in the link you gave what looks like a walsher that goes behind the impeller and in front of the hard seal. this water pump did not have that so im going to put on there. did not mean to make you mad sorry

89trx250r
08-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Some people are just rude 250rice i agree the crackhead comments were not needed...I hope you get your problem figured out goodluck. :)

Grande Huevos
08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
no not you just the people that call people crack heads because i did not use ....... and spell cheaker . ksrrider your the only one that gave me a real ansewer not just name calling and links to websites dont get me wrong links are sometimes good but i can do without the crack head remarks. iam going to turn it around this weakend to see if it works.i also seen in the link you gave what looks like a walsher that goes behind the impeller and in front of the hard seal. this water pump did not have that so im going to put on there. did not mean to make you mad sorry u might check the year also because if i remember right the impellar is diff from 86-87 and the 88-89? Thinking one uses the walsher and one does not??? I could be wrong... maybe sombody can chime in to say if thats right or not.

KSRRider
08-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Grande Huevos
u might check the year also because if i remember right the impellar is diff from 86-87 and the 88-89? Thinking one uses the walsher and one does not??? I could be wrong... maybe sombody can chime in to say if thats right or not.

Yes the 86 had a nut and and washer that held the impeller on. With the late models Honda incorporated the nut into the impeller so it was all one part.