PDA

View Full Version : springs

GOTFEAR
08-20-2011, 11:14 PM
I have a set of c axis shocks they are 8 years old keep serviced by Norris Quinn now do the springs get old

chriscrf
08-21-2011, 08:12 AM
I say yes.......shock dyno should tell you how much they lose their spring rate over time and heat cycles.......axis shocks dont use the springs as much as say a pep shock......i have broken two srpings on a pep shock but not on a axis shock yet.....Not sure if the shock springs would lose enough to make a huge difference but im no expert....If the spring breaks then its wore out......if not then maybe its ok......lol.....Replacing anything on a quad that takes abuse occasionally is the right thing to do.

GOTFEAR
08-21-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by chriscrf
I say yes.......shock dyno should tell you how much they lose their spring rate over time and heat cycles.......axis shocks dont use the springs as much as say a pep shock......i have broken two srpings on a pep shock but not on a axis shock yet.....Not sure if the shock springs would lose enough to make a huge difference but im no expert....If the spring breaks then its wore out......if not then maybe its ok......lol.....Replacing anything on a quad that takes abuse occasionally is the right thing to do. I do agree