PDA

View Full Version : oil changing question

yz450f rider
08-20-2011, 04:18 PM
ok new to this i no theres not a dipstick how much oil does a 50cc drr take and also on the foot brake side there is a hole and when i was filling it up with oil , oil started comeing out of the hole is this some kind of indicater like when it comes out its at the level its suppose to be and if this is the case shouldnt there be a plug in it because its a open hole

fastrnrik
08-20-2011, 04:42 PM
I think the "correct" amount is 110cc's, which equals about 4 ounces, which is what i use.
You can use whatever oil you want- gear oil, trans fluid, rotella, etc etc. Everyone has their own preference. Personally I use Belray Gear Saver.
The hole in the side is a vent and should have a plastic elbow with a little vent tube sticking down.

yz450f rider
08-20-2011, 05:57 PM
ok so the hole is a vent on the footbrake side right under the oil cap i bought the quad used and there was nothing in there but just a open hole, so the plastic elbow just presses in it? and where could i get 1 or canijust go to a auto parts store and find something

fastrnrik
08-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Yes, the plastic elbow just pushes in and there's a short piece of hose sticking down to vent it to the bottom of the motor. You can get them from G Force or I saw them on ebay pretty cheap too.
You could probably find something at the auto parts store that you could make work, like a vacuum elbow or something.

tyler70t
08-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Just FYI, that is your tranny fluid.

yz450f rider
08-22-2011, 01:15 PM
right