PDA

View Full Version : removing a arms

QuadTrix6
02-23-2003, 04:59 PM
Just wondering if u have to remove the hub and brake caliper too or can u just start at the knuckle and go from there since its all connected Thanks

QuadTrix6
02-23-2003, 06:19 PM
???

toby400ex
02-23-2003, 06:45 PM
you can start at the knuckle

QuadTrix6
02-24-2003, 03:38 AM
0k thanks thats what i figured....that knuckle is giving me a lot of headaches :mad: I got the bottom to come off but i cant get the top. any tips?

02-24-2003, 06:26 AM
from my experiences it is best & easiest to remove the caliper, knuckle, brake line,shock then the A-arms ...in this order
getting the balljoints out from knuckle is much easier on the quad than off ;) ball joint fork tool can cut the boots on the balljoints
i would not use one unless you intend to replace the A-arms

pimp400
02-24-2003, 10:07 AM
ut a scissor jack in between a-arms turn it out to get pressure on it then tap the ball joints with a hammer that will make it alot easier:devil

QuadTrix6
02-24-2003, 10:29 AM
thanks guys im gonna give it a try later

Ex'r Marlin
02-24-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by QuadTrix6
thanks guys im gonna give it a try later Or... I can help you out! :D

Your a-arms are in "like new" condition. You should have an easy time removing the a-arms.

With your atv standing up, unhook your hydraulic brake hoses from you a-arms, and remove the cotter pins from the castle nuts.
Remove the castle nuts using a socket wrench. You may need to use either an adjustable wrench or open-end wrench to keep the ball joint from rotating.
Once you remove the castle nuts, place the nuts upside down back on the bolt until the the nut is flush with the stud. I tap the nut with a hammer to pop the ball joint stud out.
Now remove the mounting nuts and bolts that mount the a-arm to your frame.

Hope this helps... If not, let me know.:)

QuadTrix6
02-24-2003, 04:13 PM
holy crap MARLIN !!!!!!! you save my ***** again, i have tried everything and nothing worked than i read your post and sure enough i got em both off...i can't thank you enough...i think i might owe you my life now for saving me TWICE :eek: :p :D thanks again man...you made my day...O and my brothers :blah

Ex'r Marlin
02-24-2003, 04:32 PM
You're silly... Glad to hear you got the a-arm off. Now you don't have any excuse to come ride with us!:eek: :D I am sure Lenny (440ex4me) will be on his best behavior!:D BTW... Get your brother an atv!!! Every time I see the ad for Yamaha with the kid riding in a wagon with riding gear on with someone saying, "Will someone buy this kid an atv already?", I think of him.:D

QuadTrix6
02-24-2003, 04:45 PM
:o YES i will def ride with you guys again, we had a blast last time....were woking on get my brother a quad, hopefully sometime this summer :D, thanks again :)