PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what front end this is???

TRUTH
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey guys,
Still on my search for a nice R, came across a pretty nice one with this front end, the owner referrs to it as a "pro series" but doesnt know anymore. Very strange looking, like a t pin, but I dont think thats what it is. Can anyone tell me what front end this is? Is it a good functioning set up? Thanks! Frank R.

sameltoe
08-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Is that a lsr style t-pin maybe? I heard they made something like the leager, but I have never personally seen a set.

mohler
08-19-2011, 07:49 PM
its a T-pin but not the laeger. thats rare never seen 1. nice find

TLR-Online
08-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Never seen this setup before.

Seems like its hard enough to rebuild a leager t-pin, let alone one that no one has ever seen before lol.

TRUTH
08-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey guys thanks for the info. I'd hate to pick up a quad and not be able to find replacement parts for the front end as cool as this front end is its kind of discouraging me from the purchase. All information on this front end would be appreciated. Thanks, Frank.

Honda 250r 001
08-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Ive seen a front end like this before, really an interesting set up! Those look like modified 400ex spindles too me. I cant remember what company made those frond ends though.

400exrip
08-19-2011, 10:33 PM
That might be them old Timmy Boy A-Arms but I don't know just a guess.

It does have 400ex calipers and spindles on it though.

Timmy boy went out of business a LONG time ago, the people that took over the place called it TBR Products, And I think they went out of business way on back yonder.

If they last and you never have any problems that's good,but if they break and it comes time for a replacement part,Then you might be out of luck.

Motofool250r
08-20-2011, 03:17 AM
i dont see anything hard to get there, its all heim joints mcmastercar should have everything you need to rebuild the front end. the only thing that might be hard to find is the upper a-arms fork but its still a standard heim joint type part.

i have a similar style on my puma to this but it was clearly all custom and had zero issues with it tough as hell.

fastrnrik
08-20-2011, 03:29 AM
It's not an LSR t-pin setup.

Looks cool though. I'd like to have it just because it's unique. What length shocks does it use?

C41Xracer
08-20-2011, 03:53 AM
those are gt thunder and they still service them

TRUTH
08-20-2011, 06:37 AM
Guys,
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate the info! So they are GT thunder arms and they still carry replacement parts for them? Great. Is it a good working front end? I'm not sure of the shock length, if you'd like I can upload a pic of the whole front end. Thanks! Frank.

TRUTH
08-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Here is a full front shot of the quad... I am on the fence with this one!! Looks like it has some goodies...

dustinshuler
08-20-2011, 01:22 PM
old school gt thunder!

gtilley45
08-20-2011, 05:35 PM
That's definitely NOT a LSR outlaw front end. My old LSR CRF had the outlaw front end on it, and it was nothing like that.

k10seibel
08-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I personally agree with fastrnrik. I love it as it's not common and neat look'n.
Now if it works well, is the key. I would like to know too.Thanks for posting!

fastrnrik
08-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Definitely a cool piece and looks pretty stout too. I'd like to know some more info & history on it, like when it was made, how well it worked, etc.

hawaiiysr
08-21-2011, 03:59 AM
So what is the problem? if its going for a good price then I say go for it. worst case sell the odd front end parts on ebay and replace with stock bits. Personally it wouldn't let that front end be the deal breaker.

TRUTH
08-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Guys,
I looked at the quad yesterday. It was not the right one for me. It had an LRD motor, with a spacer plate and ran on 110. Started up ok, just needs some tuning I assume. Bearings were solid out back and up front, quad was clearly stored outside, all bolt heads and levers had rust on them. Plastics were a 5 out of 10. If anyone is interested in the quad give the guy a call. would be a decent quad to tear down and rebuild 320-290-3709

Motofool250r
08-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by TRUTH
Guys,
I looked at the quad yesterday. It was not the right one for me. It had an LRD motor, with a spacer plate and ran on 110. Started up ok, just needs some tuning I assume. Bearings were solid out back and up front, quad was clearly stored outside, all bolt heads and levers had rust on them. Plastics were a 5 out of 10. If anyone is interested in the quad give the guy a call. would be a decent quad to tear down and rebuild 320-290-3709

what is wrong with a LRD spacer plate motor? and hi comp is just a dome change. if it has a cool head 80$ change for a new dome. no cool head maybe 200$ change to put one on.

not sure what your looking for but from the pics its one of the better looking quads ive seen forsale lately that didn't have new 450r type pricing.

making my puma into a show bike is about $8000 start to finish and will only get more expensive maintaining it and i only ride sand...

just some thoughts

TRUTH
08-21-2011, 10:06 AM
It just wasnt what I was looking for. I wasnt saying anything was wrong with the LRD spacer plate motor, I was just letting everyone know what it had, incase someone may be looking for an R. It was not a bad machine, just not what I was looking for.

Langbolt
08-21-2011, 04:41 PM
x2 on the GT Thunder T-pins

TRUTH
08-21-2011, 04:50 PM
So you have that front end? How does it work for you? Got any more pics?

Langbolt
08-22-2011, 07:23 PM
No...I don't have that front end....I copied it from a post I saw a while ago and considered making one myself....then I found a great deal on a Laeger Pro-Trax and went with it instead.

:D