PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Calendar

Fear250r
08-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Hello all and welcome to the official 2012 250r calendar thread. I'd like to first thank everyone that has participated in the past and made the last two years a great success. I'm looking to make this year better than ever. If you're new to the board, do a calendar search and you'll see what's happened for the last couple years. Also, couple things that I'd like to change up this year.

First I'd like to customize it quite a bit more. I'm going to be adding pictures throughout and possibly dates of events that would go along with our community, say, major race events, dunefest or whatever you can think of, please feel free to forward any info you have to me. Also, if you have any pictures besides a shot of your atv that would make a good picture, feel free to send it in. Could be a polished up motor, builds in process, whatever you'd like. This part of the calendar will not be voted on. I'll just be picking random things to add to the calendar. Secondly, I'm working on dropping the price a couple bucks. I'm still working on that part, so I can't give definite prices just yet.

As always, the plan is to have calendars to everyone by christmas. To make that happen, we need to get things right going in, so please read everything below.

1. Take a new picture of your R or R's. This can be a quad or atc. Anything 250r from 85-89.
- Use your camera's highest resolution. Shoot for at least using a 6 megapixel camera.
- Please no cell phone pictures or old pictures that have been scanned.
- The resolution issue really can't be stressed enough. You can take a low-res image and enlarge it, but you don't gain any resolution in the process, you'll just get a larger, fuzzier image. We need good enough resolution to get good output from which to print.
- Another thing that may be an issue, if you use Outlook, is that it may ask if you want to resize the image when you send it. This is almost always making the image smaller so it will transmit more quickly. If you see this pop-up, then select "keep image original size" from the drop-down.

2. The subject of the picture is your R. It has to be your R that you submit.
- You don't have to be the photographer, only the owner of said R.
- No photoshopping to change the nature of the shot. This refers to things like putting your R with the Eiffel Tower or similar tricks. If you want a shot of your R at the Eiffel Tower, ship it to Paris and take the shot!:D

- Please don't crop the image. If you want the final image to be cropped, let me know and I'll make sure it gets done in the end. Sometimes we need all the resolution we can get and cropping will reduce the pixel count.

3. Include the following info with your submission.
- Your first name
- Your board name
- Model and year of quad
- Any of specifics you'd like to include

4. Submit your picture by...not quite sure when I'll stop taking pics. Waiting on a lot of people's trips.
- Please send only one picture.

5. Voting for the main pictures will start mid October around the 15th. I will let everyone know when we will start.
- My buddy Trevor (TLR-Online) will again be giving me a hand this year with voting. He will be setting up a special voting section on his website. We will tell you exactly where to go when the time comes.

Please send your submissions to:

Beauch412@cox.net

This might change unfortunately because I recently changed service at my house. If I get a new email I will make sure to post it.

I will confirm receipt of every submission. If you haven't heard from me in a couple days, resend or e-mail and ask.

We also need other shots for the extras I'll be adding this year. Works in progress, engines, details, whatever you'd like to send. These are not voted on and will be used at our discretion.

Orders will be taken from the time of voting until it's ready to go to print. You'll have plenty of time to decide if you want one/more depending on what quads are in it.

Also, this year, I'd like to sell the calendar to a wider audience. Other websites and possibly throw some on ebay to see how they do. If you don't want others seeing your quad beyond here or don't want to include your name with your quad, let me know.

Well, I think that's about it. Sorry for the lengthy post, but hopefully you'll only have to read it once!!

As always, Good luck :devil:and have fun!!:p

Jesse

Fear250r
08-26-2011, 07:41 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to bump this up to the top. Hopefully everyone is dustin' off their camera's and setting up some cool shots!!

Jesse