PDA

View Full Version : Width needed for gncc and mid south and other regionals

quadfmx
08-18-2011, 03:06 AM
I was really wanting to build a quad I couldvrace xc in mid south, the ky series, some in Indiana and gncc
But then switch tires and a few small thingsvand hitban mx race

I was thinking narrow chassisvand plus 2 w/ 4/1 wheels on xc
And get an xc axle I could keep narrow for the races but let out for some mx,

But I keep feeling it's not going to live up to it's potential for either.

So
I'm going to go xc,
Narrow frame plus 1 arms 4/1 wheels( I already have hipers)

Could anyone tell me what my width would be
I though stock quad width, maybe a bit narrower

Opinions pls

Motofool250r
08-18-2011, 03:22 AM
most new quads are 46.3"(450r) now right?

stock is 44.5 so with a narrow you do +3 protrax and have a sweet setup.

and +2 or +3 in the mx track will do fine if your suspension is good.

spend the money on good properly valved suspension, get a steering dampener for sure. headlocks are a real good idea tire balls too possibly.

headache
08-18-2011, 10:41 AM
stay around 46". the midsouth series and other regional races have alot tighter courses than the gncc. i've ran a midsouth race on my quadracer and its right at 48" and there were spots that i could barely make it through. If you run +2 a-arms and 4-1 offset wheels will make you perfect for the woods.

jesshamner
08-18-2011, 10:50 AM
The older misdsouth races are really tight. I'm not sure about the newer locations. If you were racing GNCC races, you could probably get by with wider setup and just change wheels but I'm not sure that is a smart idea (if you want to be competitive) while racing the midsouth series.

TLR-Online
08-18-2011, 11:06 AM
I used to use Laeger +1's with a stock frame, and 3/2's for the woods. That put me at 46.5". Then if i need to go narrower, i could throw on some 4/1's and be at 45.5".

Also used a RPM Dominator XC Axle (-1 to +2). Same options... i could go wider or narrower easily. Its nice to have some wiggle room if needed.

Also... if you use nerf bars, make sure they are the same width or less than your overall width.

fastredrider44
08-18-2011, 11:07 AM
You could run +2 with 3/2 wheels on a narrow chassis. I run +1 with 4+1 on a 450R and wouldn't want to be any wider.

quadfmx
08-18-2011, 02:36 PM
okay here is my question
narrow chassis and plus 2 arms what width does that put me at, isn't that a stock 250r width with plus 1 arms, as far as width goes
im going to run 4/1 wheels
i was wanting to know before the wheels where id be on width.

i was told narrow and plus 3 was 48 in, cause u had to use plus 4 to get to the mx 50 in, but i don't know if its true

Motofool250r
08-18-2011, 03:04 PM
narrow is minus one