PDA

View Full Version : Ball joints for burgard a-arms?

crookedeyemoto-x
02-23-2003, 03:10 PM
What balljoints will fit my Burgard a-arms?

Pappy
02-23-2003, 03:25 PM
burgards and houser use the same ball joints if that helps. if ya need some replacements...try calling burgards..1-717-225-6234
and im sure he will be happy to get you what ya need.

crookedeyemoto-x
02-23-2003, 03:39 PM
Thank you sir, thats what I needed to know.

PhilMoore
06-12-2003, 02:57 AM
I made the mistake of buying a set of Burgards A-arms. I just bent a ball joint at the wimpy threaded stem on a very small jump at Little Sahara last week. I emailed KandK (where I bought them) and they want 29.99 for the stupid thing!

I believe the ball joints are automotive parts, but I am not sure what car they are for or what the part number is. The buggy shop in Waynoka thought they were Volkswagen ball joints, but they did not have one on hand to confirm it. They had a tie rod end there for $12.99, but it was not the correct part. I am interested to see if KandK is selling a $13 auto part for $29. I know they need to make a living, but I am getting sick of ATV companys ripping us off like that.

I saw another racer break a ball joint last winter, and it sent him into a straw bale on the side of the track. Luckily, he didn't get hurt. Ever since, I have been nervous about mine, and take it easy. When I bent mine, it was the last day at Little Sahara, so I started getting a little nutty. The stupid thing was, it wasn't even a big jump. It was just a small, maybe 20 foot gap jump in the grassy bumps in the northwest corner of the park. But, I landed on my left front wheel first, and it tweaked it. I had been doing some bigger jumps, maybe 60 - 70 feet, in the dunes earlier. I am pretty sure I didn't bend it there. I felt the difference in the suspension after the small jump.

Anyway, if anybody knows what automotive part matches the Burgards ball joints, please post.

Thanks,
Phil

Pappy
06-12-2003, 03:42 AM
ball joints will fail people...ALL types. do your part and inspect them ....especially after a bad wreck or really bad landing

duffy450
04-18-2007, 06:34 PM
i have burgard a-arms also for my 450r, so if i order ball joints from houser they will my burgard arms, what about the tie rod ends??? thanks :cool: