PDA

View Full Version : 300ex really hard to shift

89imprttnr
08-17-2011, 06:56 PM
i recently got my 98 300ex back about a year ago and changed the oil, sprockets, chain on it since there was no service on it since we got it in 1998. since i got it back i've been riding it alot and then had to change the carrier bearings but now i seem to have a transmission problem that just started and is getting worse. my problem is that it is getting harder to shift up and to shift down is really hard like i almost have to slam my foot down to shift it, oil level is fine and i was actually riding it without the clutch alot now that i think of it so i dont know if thats what did it or not or if it needs a new clutch, or just some new better oil as the oil in it is a mix of a bunch of different oil. any help would be appreciated, thanks!!

89imprttnr
08-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Nothing?!?!

smr
08-19-2011, 06:01 AM
for some reason my post is gone.

Sounds like you have much worse problems than a clutch. When the clutch goes out usually it want pull.

Do you have trouble finding nutruel? If so you might want to try adjusting the clutch. That may help.

also..you say you shift without the clutch...thats a bad idea on the 300ex, you will bend a shifting fork and then everything gets bad from there.

good luck

Blazer25
01-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't know if you ever found your answer, but my daughter had the same problem and it just ended up being the clutch cable needing adjusting up by the lever.