PDA

View Full Version : What kind of pipe is this?

chronicsmoke
08-17-2011, 06:20 AM
I took my R on trade for my KFX450 back in Feb.

Guy said it was a CT Pipe, can anybody confirm or deny this??

chronicsmoke
08-17-2011, 06:21 AM
silencer

205dke187
08-17-2011, 06:57 AM
looks kinda like an lrd pipe i had a while back. not sure though.

SilverLake250R
08-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Looks like CT, maybe an older one before they started stamping them like they currently do.

chronicsmoke
08-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys, anybody know what it would be designed for? (top/mid/bottom)

I don't exactly trust the guy I got it from, he said it was ported, but he also said he blew it up when he added the pipe (without jetting)

I just want to make sure I'm getting the most potenital out of my bore. I'm probably going to pull the top end off and check out the insides (bore size/porting) for the first time.

I might send the cyl. out while I'm waiting for my rear shock to come back from Stadium.

TLR-Online
08-17-2011, 08:13 AM
The pipe is made by power pro's. Who knows what company sold it...It kinda looks like a hetrick pipe.

SilverLake250R
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
You're the man Trevor. I need to keep my mouth shut.

TLR-Online
08-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by SilverLake250R
You're the man Trevor. I need to keep my mouth shut.

It def could be a CT, thats not ruled out. Its so hard to tell when the company does not put their name on the pipe. Power Pro's offer custom metal name tags (like ESR, a plate they tack weld on), they are just an added cost. Thats probably why most company's leave/left their pipe nameless.

chronicsmoke
08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
:muscle: Thanks TLR!

I'd say you're right.. Any info on it? is it a Mid/Top pipe, good for MX?

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356174&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

TLR-Online
08-17-2011, 08:45 AM
The back part of the pipe (after the mounting bracket) looks similar to a klemm pipe. The klemm pipe is good upto 7500 rpm's which is on the low end. The klemm pipe falls pretty flat on the top end.... your pipe might do the same. Im just going off the looks of the pipe... it may perform completely different.

chronicsmoke
08-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by TLR-Online
The back part of the pipe (after the mounting bracket) looks similar to a klemm pipe. The klemm pipe is good upto 7500 rpm's which is on the low end. The klemm pipe falls pretty flat on the top end.... your pipe might do the same. Im just going off the looks of the pipe... it may perform completely different.

I know in a drag, my 250r was the slowest (in a straight line) our of a KTM 505, TRX 450r, (2) YFZ's, YZ250f, and a YZ250. It is only a stock bore mind you, but It seemed to have oodles of Mid-range.

Even harder to tell because I doubt the cylinder was ported to the pipe.. I just want to know what to tell my builder when I bring it to him.

TLR-Online
08-17-2011, 09:21 AM
If your going to specifically have your cylinder ported for the pipe... i would buy something you know or can get the specs on.

If you like the powerband of the pipe... i would run it. I just wouldnt spend tons of money trying to get a few extra hp out of it.

chronicsmoke
08-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by TLR-Online
If your going to specifically have your cylinder ported for the pipe... i would buy something you know or can get the specs on.

If you like the powerband of the pipe... i would run it. I just wouldnt spend tons of money trying to get a few extra hp out of it.

Noted, thanks!

I'm ****ing over the idea of going to a BB setup next year too. (somewhere between 265-310) so I won't spend too much on this cyl. this year then..

Thanks again!:cool:

*EDIT - WTH is "MA UL" (space removed) a censored word?

DnB_racing
08-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by chronicsmoke
Noted, thanks!

I'm ****ing over the idea of going to a BB setup next year too. (somewhere between 265-310) so I won't spend too much on this cyl. this year then..

Thanks again!:cool:

*EDIT - WTH is "MA UL" (space removed) a censored word? spam issues with that word from m.a.u.l tech

wild250rman
08-17-2011, 03:30 PM
i had a graydon proline pipe and silencer just like that, it was marked tho and also had the same style of power that you have described with yours. Not sure but i believe power pros made them for graydon proline and power pros still list one for the r may check there and they may shed some light on it.