PDA

View Full Version : Riding in virginia?

jmanltr450
08-16-2011, 04:43 PM
i am moving from oregon to virginia. i ride the dunes a lot. i was wondering what there is to ride in virginia or the areas nearby? sand? tracks? trails? any help would be great thanks everybody!

OldGuyonaQuad
08-19-2011, 11:59 AM
I use Rider Planet when searching for places ride by state. I was thnking about checking out Moto cove as it's only a four hour ride and they have 38 miles oif marked trails for $25 daily.

Most of the Eastern seaboard states have similar terrain. You will find a lot of trails in the mountains (hope you like rocks too) and as you get closer to the shore line you will find sand. IDK off hand of any good sand pits in your area but try searching google maps and checking out the terrain. If that fails you can always head to NC where they have plenty of sand GL happy riding.

squadie
08-22-2011, 04:46 PM
Wow, you're gonna miss the dunes! Closest we found were in Michigan, and let's say we didn't think it was worth a long drive. What part of Virginia? Best trail riding close to Virginia is the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV (trailsheaven.com). There are a number of tracks too depending on what part of VA you're moving to.

jmanltr450
08-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah I am def going to miss the dunes. the paddle tires are still on her :( I will be moving to richmond. Ive done some research and found busco beach nc but havent found much more. are there any riding clubs you guys know about? thanks for the help fellas!!

Jasfarrar
09-02-2011, 08:44 PM
ATVNC.COM Someone is always riding in NC or VA.

wickdYFZ450R
09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
There is a place to ride in Westmoreland,Va Its called Northernneck atv park the website is nnkatv.com..They have sand drags,Mud pits,MX track and trails to ride.