PDA

View Full Version : video of the 90 auto jr class LCQ

thequadfather+2
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
I have about an hour and a half of video to edit from Loretta Lynn's. I will try to have it up in a few days.

This is just a short 2 lap video of our bad luck in the 90 auto jr class. Brady was running 6th when he slid off the big ant hill and flipped after they threw down 100 gallons of fresh water on it. he was down a lap after he got back going so we ended up in the LCQ. He just needed to get a good hole shot and lay down 2 good laps, top 4 and move on.......:huh

well we had fun anyway. I know several of you have been there before but dang that one hurt! 30 yards from the checker flag.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3CF5gAfnLVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hotquads1
08-16-2011, 07:37 AM
very nice holeshot! But you didn't tell what happen at the checkers , the bike break ?

thequadfather+2
08-16-2011, 08:12 AM
Hey Marc the quad ran great, thanks for the clutch set up and advice. That thing hauls the mail with his 65 pound butt on it. He lost the chain, actually the master link broke.

I think his hole shot would have been better in the heat race but he isnt used to the power and how hard it launches so when the tires come up he chops the throttle. I watched his helmet cam video from the heat race and when the gate dropped he nailed it and when the wheels lifted he chopped the throttle. He lost about 2-3 bike lengths which put him mid pack going into the first turn. He rode ok and settled into 6-7 until he rolled it.

In the LCQ we talked about staying in the throttle (no matter what). I told him to lean forward, keep it pinned and dont let up until he got to the turn. He used the high line going into the ten commandments which cost him 2 spots, he was faster than both of them through that section but they were faster riders than him so they got away from him after a little bit.

nordic quad
08-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Hurts watching,but great riding before the chainbreak.Here is a little video from our Nationals this weekend,stock 100 in front and a cuople of 50s in there too.Sondre won both races on his Access.
Stein A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYcjvYrvlWQ

jake55
08-16-2011, 08:30 AM
as always, great video!!!
just wanted to say thanks for taking me and my family out to the bridge, the kids all had a good time.

p.s. did you happen to see the back hoe in the creek toward the end of the weekend? kinda funny, takes a couple kids and a few hours to move a few rocks, takes a back hoe and 5 grown men the biggist part of the day to put them back.:D

thequadfather+2
08-16-2011, 08:35 AM
Rob thats funny, I missed it. I have a good shot of Jake's crash and will have it in the video. Hope he is doing ok.

jake55
08-16-2011, 08:41 AM
yea, he's fine. just kinda sucks. saturday was one of our best days ever racing. 2nd in the auto jr heat, 6th in 90cvt heat, was running 5th in the 70 heat and had a bit of trouble so off to the lcq. ran great and finished second with some realy good lap times. then of course comes sunday with the wreck and shatered confidence, right back to the back of the pack.:(

thequadfather+2
08-16-2011, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Hurts watching,but great riding before the chainbreak.Here is a little video from our Nationals this weekend,stock 100 in front and a cuople of 50s in there too.Sondre won both races on his Access.
Stein A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYcjvYrvlWQ

Hey Stein he looks good out front...:D The little one on the right is where we started. Brady would only make one lap before the race ended...fun stuff.