PDA

View Full Version : Dj Bassani

pmarra
08-15-2011, 06:34 PM
DJ Bassani does it again, he out runs all the KX 70,s in the 70 mod division with a stock Cobra, except for shocks and minor engine modifications.
I was glad to see Cris Peters protest the engine, now that should take all the cheating talk away. Great job DJ you went 1 and 1. Keep up the great work. Paul Wiley Mods

don bassani
08-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Paul,the protest thing is pretty interesting.I knew everything was legal but now everybody knows.I am very happy with cobra engine.Racers can just buy a stock cobra and be competitive and win.

Logan #34's Dad
08-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Don, you should be very very proud of your lil dude. And Paul, you were given the ultimate complement with the protest. When you flat out whip them and it's proven your 100% legal - it's a good day!

531dad
08-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Great. Job DJ

#404's Dad
08-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Can't take anything from that kid, he knows how to ride that's for sure!!!! Congrats!!!!!

d1g888
08-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Great job DJ. I have seen you improve so much on the shifter this year.
Next year i think the 70 mod class is going to be one of the best classes to watch. Kids like DJ, Tebon, Hill, and Digby going at it. I no personally these 4 kids will leave everything on the track. I just hope my kid can learn to shift like the other 3 kids. It will be interesting to watch.

don bassani
08-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Eli too!!

greenmachine70
08-16-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Don, you should be very very proud of your lil dude. And Paul, you were given the ultimate complement with the protest. When you flat out whip them and it's proven your 100% legal - it's a good day!
couldnt agree more. This young man sounds like a monster on the track. Good job DJ!!!

coffing918
08-16-2011, 07:09 PM
oooo man JJ is really gunna have a tough time in the 70 mod class next year,,lol
but it will only make him a better rider!

hwf-racing
08-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by don bassani
Eli too!! We all hope Eli sticks with quads!!!!! Don, nice seeing you and DJ, he is really rippin WTG DJ

d1g888
08-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by hwf-racing
We all hope Eli sticks with quads!!!!! Don, nice seeing you and DJ, he is really rippin WTG DJ

Me to

apexpilot
08-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Yeah but I hear he's not very good at badminton!!!! Ha!! And the quad world is better because of it! Don't anyone be offended, just a little inside story from Don. (it seemed to work for me this weekend) The truth is DJ would probably kick but there as well!!! Cograts to DJ and team Bassani on a great season!!

jandjracing
08-21-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by pmarra
DJ Bassani does it again, he out runs all the KX 70,s in the 70 mod division with a stock Cobra, except for shocks and minor engine modifications.
I was glad to see Cris Peters protest the engine, now that should take all the cheating talk away. Great job DJ you went 1 and 1. Keep up the great work. Paul Wiley Mods

DJ did a great job and looked like a fast rider to me. Why not just keep it at that Paul? Really shows your level of class when you turn it into a Cobra VS KX thing again. It was only 2 years ago you were crying to Trackside looking for help with your engines and you heard nobody talking about that. I wonder who helped cobra with thier new 70? ;) Good Job DJ and crew.

heathmxracing
08-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by d1g888
Great job DJ. I have seen you improve so much on the shifter this year.
Next year i think the 70 mod class is going to be one of the best classes to watch. Kids like DJ, Tebon, Hill, and Digby going at it. I no personally these 4 kids will leave everything on the track. I just hope my kid can learn to shift like the other 3 kids. It will be interesting to watch.

Should be an exciting class next year. Corey Heath Will be running this calss as well....

don bassani
08-24-2011, 05:39 AM
I must have had a dozen people tell me to get rid of that crummy cobra engine and put a kx in my mod.Paul said to stick with the cobra engine because it has a brand new cylinder and will certainly run with the Kawasaki .I kind of like the idea of an American engine in a American quad.I don't think Paul is picking on anybody or hates Kawasaki,I think he is just really happy with the new cobra engine and impressed it can run with the jap stuff..Buy AMERICAN !!!

jandjracing
08-24-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree to buy American when applicable. Athena cylinders are made in the UK though. Maybe Cobra stomached the cost of building a new cylinder in the US. IDK. I was just commenting on how pointed Paul was being quoting your kids age and all (good job DJ). Not sure what that has to do with American made products. I am not suprised at how fast "the new 70" engine is knowing some if not all of the technology came from Trackside Performance. So maybe you can clear up if it is a "stock" engine, or if it is "done by Wiley Mods"? Just curious as both contradicting claims have been made.

don bassani
08-24-2011, 07:51 PM
My cobra engine was modified by Wiley mods.Paul said he was going to put some torque in it to match my sons riding style.I don't know what he did but my son said it pulls hard without having to rev to moon like our practice engine (old style cobra engine).I can't speak about trackside because I don't know them or use their pipe. My Wiley motor uses stock cobra exhaust.I just have to say I am super pleased with cobra,keep in mind ,we ran cvt this year also,which is a nightmare,so cobra needing no tuning and never breaking down is just awesome ! Paul has been really great to deal with and I am very pleased with his engine performance.Athena cylinders for cvt are from Italy,I only assume cobra cylinder ,if built by Athena, comes from Italy as well.I read an article about cobra in AMA magazine and I thought it was pretty cool,their bikes and quads are made in the USA.With so many people loosing their jobs to offshore manufacturing,It makes me feel better buying something made here.

heathmxracing
08-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Well said Don. DJ sure flew on those CVT's and you know your stuff on them. However, you will find that the Cobra is much easier to tune and overall a much better machine. The fact that is made right here in the good old USA even makes it better. Sean (owner of Cobra) told us one time that over 90 % of all of the parts are made in the USA. You would be suprised at how many of the parts they make in house..

jandjracing
08-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Although I have not used a Cobra shifter motor or Wiley Mods, I have witnessed plenty of people get burned by both. I wish you good luck with both of your newer resources. I am excited to see "the new" Cobra 70 be consistently the fastest one out there.

don bassani
08-25-2011, 07:39 PM
I try to not get caught up with all the b/s about who is bad and who is good,I am just stating that I couldn't be more happy with my cobra and Wiley mods.As far as all these people getting burned,I hear about that stuff all the time so I dont put much stock in it.All engine builders and brands of atv's get bashed,that seems to be the way it is in this sport.

pmarra
09-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Congrats to DJ Bassani – ATVA 70 Mod Champ!DJ brought home the title in the highly competitive ATVA 70 Modified (6-11) Class on his Cobra powered ECX70 quad!

A huge congrats goes out to DJ Bassani (Sussex, NJ) for putting it all together in this year’s 70cc Mod title chase at the ATVA Nationals. DJ did it on a Cobra 70cc powered ECX Quad prepared by Wiley Mods. Paul at Wiley Mods has been working hard on making the Cobra 70cc engine platform the one to beat, and it appears he was successful! Congratulations to DJ and Wiley Mods!

This article was copied straight from Cobra's website.

121dad
09-27-2011, 04:26 PM
Hey Paul DJ won the 70 cvt title not the mod

cobra44
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
PAUL HATE TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE IN THE 70MOD CLASS.
1ST GUNNER TEBON
2ND TYLER PETERS
3RD. DJ BASSANI
CHECK THE RESULTS .
DJ WON THE 70 CVT TITLE CONGRATES.

jerkyboy
09-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Paul didnt write that he copy and pasted it here.

don bassani
09-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Cobra got the article from atv young guns. The article had DJ winning the cvt class, but the picture was of him on the podium at Lorettas on his Cobra. I think Paul wanted to show that he worked with Cobra on the new engine , not as others previously posted. He pasted that article from Cobras website to show who made the new motor run so well.

pmarra
10-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Thanks Don