PDA

View Full Version : Carb pissing everywhere...help!!!!

Benjithx
08-15-2011, 05:55 PM
I am working on a friends 04 400ex that has been sitting for a while (a year or 2).

When I got it over to the garage I started doing all the normal stuff, Air filter, flush the gas, etc..

There wasn't a drop of gas in it... So I filled it and got it to start, after warming up it started running great. I let it run for a while and noticed that it was leaking gas from the carb vents. I took the carb apart and tried cleaning it up as good as I could. I tried cleaning the plunger and plunger hole, but when I reinstalled everything it didnt help. ...Still pooring gas out of the vents.

Any ideas, I'm lost.
Thanks

CJM
08-15-2011, 06:07 PM
Stuck float. Either its bad, the float needle is or it needs to be seriously cleaned.

NacsMXer
08-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by CJM
Stuck float. Either its bad, the float needle is or it needs to be seriously cleaned.

X2, guaranteed it's a bad float needle valve. They will go bad from sitting so long.

You could try pulling the float off, and cleaning out the needle valve but that does not always work from my experience. They are pretty cheap though so I would recommend replacing it while you're in there.

flyboy1294
08-15-2011, 06:46 PM
As stupid as it sounds, check the float bowl screw (?) to make sure it is tight. If it is loose, gas will pour out.