PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Rear Z400 Question

rescuescrub
08-15-2011, 04:20 PM
Have z400 hubs in the rear now in stock form. Wondering if you press out the bolts and press them in the opposite way installing the hub reversed will it work?? Did the math and seems it would take off about a inch from either side. Right now im at 49" with 20-11-9 Ravrs. The 11" add to the width. If im right it would go down to 47". Since im startin to race XC this would be perfect. Got 4-1's on the front and still at 48". Any thoughts for narrowing the front???
THNXS IN ADVANCE

nkillian9
08-16-2011, 02:41 AM
i have heard of reversing hubs by pressing bolts out and putting in backwards, never tried it, also heard of machining some off the backside and filling the gap with large washers on the front sid of hub, as far as front goes since u have done the 4 1 wheels the next option would have to be new front end id think,

mitch250r
10-08-2011, 07:02 AM
i dont have a suzuki, but some of the big aftermarket companies make -1' and -0.5' a-arms

rescuescrub
10-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Update on what i did. Did get z400 hubs pressed out the studs no prob. Had a machine shop mill the inside a bit which now is the outside to allow the pin to go through the castle nut. Only had to get what I think are called "machine washers" and use them on the inside so as not to mess up the bevel on the axle. Did lessen the width 1" per side. Cheap fix for now.